Beware a new trojan!!

dsmodi
I had pc chillin but it was a pain in the buttocks...
changed to AVG (link above) and is a lot better, self upgrades regularly, run it with ZA pro for anyone interested seems to be a really good combo not had any trouble since putting changing over this way since Jan

i got it as well on dial up internet,i have latest norton anti virus,but firewall was not in use !!,
i only spent 6 minutes on internet on monday yet i was infected. i found patch from uncle bill gates and blaster removal tool did the job,on xp system restore must be disabled first,

I use norton internet protection...set on autoupdate daily...always runs in background....had latest virus definition - (11 aug 03)...so all taken care of...

Sorry to be so hopeless but how do you set liveupdate to auto-update daily? (Norton).

To set Norton to run Live Update Daily
Go to Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Tasks.. and set it up ther (using the Wizard if in XP)

As above or as below...

Open Norton AV window...select options....click live update...and tick box that says..'enable automatic live update'...and tick box that says..'apply virus protection updates' and also see other boxes...

May have to keep brodband open if you select this option...

Latest virus definition is 13 aug 03....

Getting your firewall and virus protection up to date is one important thing. But the only thing to do to keep virus off your back the next time (when it has been modified) is to upgrade your Windows to the latest service pack. This is not a virus that travels in email attachments, but directly attacks and changes the port access. This attacks a know weakness in the Windows operating system, and the only way for "durable" protection is to download the upgrade service pack. Windows 2000 should have Service Pack 3 or higher (there is a 4 since last week).