Best free charting software out there

try netdania.com

you can also get them from dailyfx.com

good reliable feed for fx, indices and comodities

hope it helps

You could try prorealtime.com It's free EOD, has backtest, screening, paper trading and other useful modules.

I've been using it a few years and find it has more than everything I need.

You could try prorealtime.com It's free EOD, has backtest, screening, paper trading and other useful modules.

I've been using it a few years and find it has more than everything I need.
A wonderful program and with a very wide range of EOD markets. However the papertrading requires the realtime subscription. It looks very good, but I only use EOD.

TradeSmart University offers a very cheap version of Trade Navigator when you take their Foundations of Stocks and Options Course (which is 8 classes for FREE)

Best of luck..

www.quantshare.com is in beta testing and so is currently free. I've just downloaded it so haven't played with it yet but it looks intersting.

Appears to have portfolio backtesting too...

I am hoping one day to see some software that allows you to draw in OHLC prices into the future as easily as it displays historic prices. TA software and data mining features right now are aimed principally at identifying entries, but as soon as you start trading you realise that position management is more important - at the basic level, its more important to get out of a crap trade quickly than to get into a great trade quickly: failure to do the one leaves you in cash, failure to do the other can break your account.

Prorealtime is really good for EOD. They also have a promo going on for free live data for 5 months. Here's what I got in my email on the 13th of APR.

"1. Login to ProRealTime

2. Launch your workstation with a simple click

3. Type the code "freedata" in the search field to activate free real-time on the following markets:
- Forex
- US Stocks (BATS)
- European Stocks (Chi-X)
- and more...

Free real-time and intraday data access, no commitment, no purchase required."

The good thing is you don't have to pay anything. Good to try the software.

FXCM UK also gives free demo accounts accessed through their platform which has some charts built in. No stocks however, just indices, forex and few commodities as far as I know. Not sure about FXCM US.

I used to use prophet.net and loved it. I can't find anything better than the ones already mentioned so I gave up looking and programmed my own to view EOD which I get from yahoo. Good luck, if you find any great free ones please post!

ADVFN still has some good free charts.

Algo Futures have a free swing/intra-day Order Flow Divergence WOW Index indicator for S&P, Gold and Crude. It is on their website but can also be used as a widget on your own website. Good for spotting CD divergences.

Many of the spreadbetting firms use it-finance.com to provide free charts on their platform and their charts are becoming more and more sophisticated.

But for me its NinjaTrader, hands down. With Chart Trader and programmability. It's got it all and it's free even for live trading if you use a Direct Account.