Best Books on TA

city_trader28 said:
the book is on amazon cheap roughly £20 ....

the £50 version you are refering too is the hardback edition .... i suggest you look again

hope that helps

Please be careful. I did order the £20 version a week ago. I missed the words 'study book' in the title. It is not the main book, it is a small companion with multible choice questions.

Jyde said:
Please be careful. I did order the £20 version a week ago. I missed the words 'study book' in the title. It is not the main book, it is a small companion with multible choice questions.

Ooooops - I'm so sorry, I totally didn't see that it was only the study guide :eek: :eek: :eek: - sincere apologies for being misleading, can you return it ?? £54 is ridiculous - it looks like www.traderslibrary.com is selling it for $48 although I don't know what shipping would be to Portugal ..... :(

Although unless you have reason to believe that the more expensive book is exactly what you want, consider Murphy's The Visual Investor, which goes for around $20 used. It may be more than adequate, and would at least address any doubts you may have as to whether the "big book" is really what you want. Achelis is, after all, available for free online.

barthtam said:
Ooooops - I'm so sorry, I totally didn't see that it was only the study guide :eek: :eek: :eek: - sincere apologies for being misleading, can you return it ?? £54 is ridiculous - it looks like www.traderslibrary.com is selling it for $48 although I don't know what shipping would be to Portugal ..... :(

No worries what so ever. I can return it and the fact is that I had seen that this was the case when I searched for other reviews... I was my own mistake intirely!

dbphoenix said:
Although unless you have reason to believe that the more expensive book is exactly what you want, consider Murphy's The Visual Investor, which goes for around $20 used. It may be more than adequate, and would at least address any doubts you may have as to whether the "big book" is really what you want. Achelis is, after all, available for free online.

That is good advice, thanks. I did see the bigger book on eBay for 2.45 as an eBook, but something tells me it might not be kosher.

Jyde said:
I did see the bigger book on eBay for 2.45 as an eBook, but something tells me it might not be kosher.
Very wise, I'm sure.

Jyde, is this book you want the one called "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John J. Murphy? A 539 page hardback with a dark red and white cover?

I've got it sitting here (with the study guide too). It's of limited use to me because I trade without indicators at the moment and don't often want to look anything up in it. So if you'd like to borrow it for a few months, I'll post it over to Portugal as long as you'll eventually send it back. It might take quite a few days to arrive. You could send me your postal address in a PM. Don't worry about the postage: you can buy me a drink somewhere, some time ... :)

Just let me know if you want it, ok?

Roberto

You may want to check this "e-book" business with the publisher. If it isn't listed anywhere, it's likely pirated. If you don't want to encourage this sort of thing, there are other alternatives.

Thanks!

Nice attitude Roberto. Its people like you that make it all worth while.
Roberto said:
"Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets"

So, if you'd like to borrow it for a few months,

Just let me know if you want it, ok?

Roberto said:
You could send me your postal address in a PM. Don't worry about the postage: you can buy me a drink somewhere, some time ... :)
Roberto

Roberto, I am almost speechless, somethink that does not happen often, I assure you! :p
I will of course take you up on that offer, as long as you let me buy you that drink in return someday.

Thanks.

No problem ... you are welcome. Case closed (can arrange details by PM, I think).