good books on trading

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
Any books about technical analysis would be a good start. Trend trading of Guppy MMA is a good one for me. To met the simplest form is using trend lines . People use many indicators and oscillators in their charts that just makes it more confusing. They end having paralysis analysis. Learning simple trend line analysis is the most simplest form to learn.

Pick 1 stock like JPM , V ,MA, SQ , MU, EL . Study their recent long term trends of their weekly vs the daily vs 4 hour , 2 hour , 1 hour, 5 minute charts. When see the trends on the weekly and daily we will see the trends and where to trade.

Here's a good video about trend lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfqe_QpSAY
Guppy was an excellent source of some great MA systems and information for me in my forex strengthmeter work ....hes under-rated as a trader

N

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
I completely agree with you, books will give you practical knowledge you can only have theoretical knowledge. So, if you want to gain some good knowledge and experience then this can be earned by trading only.
theres a huge difference between a trader thats read 10 trading books and one who has read hundreds .....

dont kid yourselves gang ....a wide reading of trading techniques , traders , history of finance and trading , markets etc etc ....... is an advantage in my opinion.....just part of the person you are building

in fact it is extremely rare to find an expert or professional at the top of their field that is not also widely read in that subject ....even in sports its amazing how expert the superstars are ....even someone like Mike Tyson had an encyclopedic knowledge of pugilism....he didnt need it but he acknowledges it taught him a lot....

Mikes's a pretty smart guy and still has is credited with this quote.... one of my favourite sayings about life and anything pertaining to that .....it especially pertains to trading !

"Everyone has a plan.... 'till they get punched in the mouth"
Mike Tyson

N