Christmas Books, (not beginner books)

mjhh

Can anyone recommend any books on trading futures and swing trading, not beginners books though.

Thanks

Thanks for that, quite interesting stuff, nice and cheap as well

cheers,

Merry Xmas

:p

Your welcome, perhaps if you begin to look at the market as a war zone, 2 forces(armies) at work here RED , BLUE. Lines of attack/defence(S/R) attack (first wave/fodder) retreat, deception,vision,strength,weakness, the general (trader)observing the battlefield, the forces engaged waiting for that point where he can advance to victory when the opportunity is most favourable/known for his army.

Merry Xmas to you :)

Yes that's quite an interesting way of looking at it, I had a look at the book at certainly a lot of it seems to be applicable to trading.

mjhh said:
Yes that's quite an interesting way of looking at it, I had a look at the book at certainly a lot of it seems to be applicable to trading.
You really ought to get hold of a copy of The Art of War, written by a Chinese General in antiquity called Tsun Tsu. In this book he describes many ideas compatible with what FX implies.

You will really enjoy the story of the General and the Emperor's Concubines.

I will not spoil it for you by telling you in advance.

But all of it makes very interesting reading and essential for intermediate and advanced traders wishing to expand and refine their general understanding.

Karl Von Clausewitz or Frederick the Great on the Art of War theme :?:

Or Xenophon a student of Socrates comes into the picture :)

Last edited:
mjhh said:
Can anyone recommend any books on trading futures and swing trading, not beginners books though.
mjhh,
'Marc Rivalland on Swing Trading' is worth a look.
Tim.

mjhh said:

Thanks

i think any book on futures or sing trading will by definition of their subject be for beginners.

intermediate and advanced (read profitable) traders know that success really wont come from a book but hard work - if it is technique (swing trading) you are looking for. other than that, an advanced trader is more likely to read about the industry, its history, changes etc. this is why lefevre's book is such a timeless classic. i have read it only 4 times, but should read it more. the art of war is also quite interesting if parallels are drawn to the industry as a whole, and how large operators conduct their business by out witting their opponents - who compete for the same resources and assets.

otherwise, try the nature of risk by mamis. really a book about the philosophy of risk in life and long term stock speculation via technicals (compare and contrast), but an interesting read eitherway as many of the topics are to do with perception - what ever timeframe you employ.