good books on trading

Nov 30, 2007
New Zealand
That's true Rock....somehow i've tried to select an indicator to support my biasness. I'm planning to get that book but not sure if the "Disciplined Trader" is a better one. What do you think?

cheers,
I haven't read DT, but several of the other traders in the Puretick.com trading room have said Trading in the Zone is the way to go - I found it very useful and reread parts of it regularly. High Probability Trading by Marcel Link is also good. Hope that helps.

May 3, 2008
I haven't read DT, but several of the other traders in the Puretick.com trading room have said Trading in the Zone is the way to go - I found it very useful and reread parts of it regularly. High Probability Trading by Marcel Link is also good. Hope that helps.
Marcel's book is a good one too. Thanks.

Joules MM1

Mar 27, 2005
Victoria
www.asiaonthebid.com
Art Simpson (excerpted Phantom of the Pits)

"Herein is the key to being a successful trader. I have learned this over and over again in my trading career. I haven't found one trader to tell me what I am going to tell you. The reason for our agreement to give something back is that all of these big losers are doomed from the start unless they are given the knowledge of what the market can do to them. The blame is within their own responsibility and not anyone else's fault."

tick !

Aug 8, 2006
Brisbane
Chaos
Making a New Science by James Gleick is ....... for anyone who is interested in the Financial Markets.

thanks,
priya
great suggestion.....this thread is for traders hence the title "good books on trading" rather than theorists

i suggests nobstrading.com .......worth the effort.....for traders, that is!

cin cin

Joey25

Mar 30, 2005
Advanced Trading Rules by Emanuel Acar and Stephen Satchell

Q

QuestOptions

Larry Williams is a successful futures trader that also publishes educational content on technical analysis.

Jun 17, 2011
On classic TA

Martin Pring
Suri Duddella

On modern TA

Scott Carney
Duane Archer

On pyschology

Mark Douglas
Brett Steenbarger

On becoming a successful trader, understanding vital concepts

Dr Van Tharp (my hero)

Try not to limit yourself to only books concerning your chosen security, trading is trading, you'll find valuable information in a wide range of books.

Sep 4, 2011
Don't know if it has been listed. Japaneese candlestick charting techniques by Steve Nieson.
This has been a great book, it is the traders bible.

eegozi

Jun 25, 2011
1) Trading for a Living - Dr. Alexander Elder

2) Come Into my Trading Room - Dr. Alexander Elder

3) Supertrader - Dr. Van Tharp

4) Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom - Dr. Van Tharp

5) Technical Analysis for Financial Markets - John Murphy