good books on trading

pssonice

Mar 27, 2004
entenhausen
how can u measure the value of a good book ?

by defining this book as "good"
by the price ?

your q. is quiet wrong.

your q. has to be :
Can I profit from a book on trading issues ?

Kinger

Dec 5, 2006
Redditch
Just bought 'Trading Day by Day' by Chick Goslin yesterday, arrived this morning .... £50 second hand.

Jul 14, 2006
Toscana
Joe Ross stuff is pretty readable and very helpful.

Howzabout " Electronic Trading TNT 1...Gorilla Trading Stuff".

Lots of really good stuff in there, bit pricey though.

Mar 14, 2008
California
For those traders looking to design mechanical / statistical systems for futures markets, I would recommend the following:

Bob Pardo: Design, Testing, and Optimization of Trading Systems (or the newer version that just came out)
Any of the three books by Ralph Vince on money management for those interested in fixed fractional stuff.
Lars Kestner: Quantitative Trading Strategies
James Altucher: Trade Like a Hedge Fund
David Aronson: Evidence Based Technical Analysis: Applying the Scientific Method and Statistical Inference to Trading Signals
Some of Perry Kaufman's books are pretty good too.
Also for those with Tradestation, Thomas Stridsman's books (such as Trading Systems That Work) are decent intros to designing robust systems.

That's just off the top of my head. There are probably others.

Jul 16, 2005
Hong Kong
in relation to futures trading, how about the following:

a. price action: dbphoenix's ebook
b. patterns trading: suri's trade chart patterns like the pros
c. trading set-ups: raschke's street smarts and nihabaashi's wrb analysis
d. vsa: tom's master the markets

Nov 30, 2007
New Zealand
Before you look at any TA books you should start with Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas which deals with the psychological issues of trading - way more important that any TA advice.

May 3, 2008
Before you look at any TA books you should start with Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas which deals with the psychological issues of trading - way more important that any TA advice.
That's true Rock....somehow i've tried to select an indicator to support my biasness. I'm planning to get that book but not sure if the "Disciplined Trader" is a better one. What do you think?

cheers,