Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 49
Reason for above trades =

10min Macci indu O/B
5min Macci indu O/B

YHOO, AMZN, AMGN, weak compared to market (indu)

will exit when 10min Macci indu goes O/S or start to turn at lower level

Glen

TS2 has fell over two times since market open

CPU running between 50 -85% usage

will the market come back,

or is it heading for heaven

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 10
will the market come back,

or is it heading for heaven

Market is strong today on news.
Technicals not so useful, staying OB on 5 and 10-min macci.

Should have been Long, not short imho.
Only the 1-min INDU macci upturns have been any use up to now

Of all the different types of day I find these the hardest to trade because the technicals are mostly out of the window.

Glenn

Of all the different types of day I find these the hardest to trade because the technicals are mostly out of the window.

Glenn

thanks for the post Glenn

when you say news, i take it you mean the BS story?

JPMorgan in Negotiations to Raise Bear Stearns Bid - General * US * News * Story - MSNBC.com

Glen

Glenn

Glenn,

did you think this would be a non technical day before the market opened, based on the news

cheers
Glen

Running total

running total = -$546

above trades exited due to 10min macci indu starting to turn up & market moving higher

Glen

will only be looking for long entries now,

market strong, and looks to be staying strong

Glen

TS2 fell over again (i think that's the 4th time today)

Last edited:
Glenn,

did you think this would be a non technical day before the market opened, based on the news

cheers
Glen

Well yes (doesn't mean I knew I would be right though)- the news came out premarket that there would probably be an announcement during hours, and later on the news was confirmed. Futures were up pre-market, market upened up strong.
When you see the 1 and 5-min INDU Macci staying OB you have a good indication that the market is strong. It was OB in 60-min and 30 min too and these made no diference.
Up she goes. Buy the dips.

It can be tempting to short on 10 or 5 min OB but you have to sit on your hands and wait.
That's your job - being a Waiter - lol.
Top of my log every day is one question - News Day or Technical day ? When I get that wrong I start off with losing trades and have to fight back later.

Glenn

Well yes (doesn't mean I knew I would be right though)- the news came out premarket that there would probably be an announcement during hours, and later on the news was confirmed. Futures were up pre-market, market upened up strong.
When you see the 1 and 5-min INDU Macci staying OB you have a good indication that the market is strong. It was OB in 60-min and 30 min too and these made no diference.

It can be tempting to short on 10 or 5 min OB but you have to sit on your hands and wait.
That's your job - being a Waiter - lol.
Top of my log every day is one question - News Day or Technical day ? When I get that wrong I start off with losing trades and have to fight back later.

Glenn

yes, i see what you mean, the question News day or technical day? must be one of the hardest to answer pre market open (expreince needed)

thanks
Glen

tempted to take the turn on the 5min for long

BUT I WON'T!

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 9

Glenn,

on news days, do you find yourself buying/selling pull backs or do you just leave the market alone, and wait for a day not driven by news so much?

cheers
Glen

Glenn,

on news days, do you find yourself buying/selling pull backs or do you just leave the market alone, and wait for a day not driven by news so much?

cheers
Glen

Erm - I need to get paid for sitting here. Got to get the kids back on meat ! lol

Glenn