Bear Market almost ready to resume ....... March 12, 2019 posted at ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your current daytime job is working THE MAN on hourly or salary making it very hard to get ahead and save to bring your bankroll upto high levels for trading purposes - consider getting into hi-commission SALES. Big bucks + low hours of work = staggering effective hourly wage. Needs only ONE skill - that of going for the Jugular. They have been doing this in the wild for eons. It works. Its Donald Trump's forte - and mine :):):):)

Correct - working for the man is tough, but no chance the millennial mother effer could not.
All odds stacked against me, but fear not, I can see wood through trees.

Portfolio diversification. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I am striving for setting targets on a Sunday night, and targets for the week. Press trades for the week on a Monday morning and monitor on my mobile cellular telecommunication device. (But no mobile trading for fear of wrath).

I can sell, so long as I believe I can. But no Ponzi scheme.

But this job is good pay already, medium stress, good pension and bonus.

I am not greedy. Just need rocket ship from rat race.

My mantra Fibo - ‘hard life now, easy life later’

I live this mantra everyday, it has driven me to do the things I have done in my career and professional qualifications, degrees.

Most players are so short-term (1-min - 5-min) they may rarely even look at a daily. Look at a weekly? Hell no. But then they miss the forest for the trees. And the view of the forest is just plain beautiful. Its just magnificent. Look at the mighty Dow Jones blasting away at Fibo's TOP-CALL (yellow line). Mr. Jones not only knows Fibo's line is there, he respects it as he has bumped into it time and again (4th time ongoing)

Momentum is waning, trend strength is under 15. Jonesy is running on fumes. But he persists. I'll give him that.

Correct - working for the man is tough, but no chance the millennial mother effer could not.

I am striving for setting targets on a Sunday night, and targets for the week. Press trades for the week on a Monday morning and monitor on my mobile cellular telecommunication device. (But no mobile trading for fear of wrath).

I live this mantra everyday, it has driven me to do the things I have done in my career and professional qualifications, degrees.

So I apply ‘hard life now, easy life later’ mantra to trading.

Not because I have to, but because I want too. As you say - providing, hunting within the herd. Wolf in sheep’s clothing, in the flock, I can see them.

Hungry, very hungry - all the time.

Very +ve attitude. Good stuff there, Sam

What a kind fellow, albeit on the Demo, but I can vouch that the tip mr Fibo gave has indeed yeilded 33.8pips and counting.

I have also hopped on the GBPJPY train last night, as there was some funny business that blew the price action beyond the lower bolly band. And by Christ a nice 30pips also on the ping back to the equilibrium point.

Also started counting waves, 1,2,3,4,5.

Since you mentioned GBPJPY so many times ................ the same chart I gave you is still in effect on both daily and 4H. NO ENTRY LONG YET

SHORT continues unabated since March 2019. Current daily chart green bar is visiting my trendline to say Hi :)

Since you mentioned GBPJPY so many times ................ the same chart I gave you is still in effect on both daily and 4H. NO ENTRY LONG YET

SHORT continues unabated since March 2019. Current daily chart green bar is visiting my trendline to say Hi :)

View attachment 264831

Thank you fibo - from your week or so of tips and pointers I am appreciative.

Haters guna hate, but you have helped me - so thank you.

With the green bar visiting to say hi - I am waiting for break of this. So love island is on in the U.K., this means chart time - but have no laptop where I am presently. Will be back in front of screens tomorrow.

I am going to spend some time learning one currency pair. The EURUSD looks like it respects the self forfilling prophecy.

Equally we (you) have spent time posting me through the gbpusd as well as GBPJPY. So I think focus needs to me thinks.

One less car on the interstate Fibo, one day.

I'm enjoying this thead, "hide and watch" (Fibo) thats the best trading advice I've heard in a while...

SPX breaking out - or bull trap? Either way FED likely to keep markets afloat until election time so its going to be a while before there are any fireworks and especially since its the summer doldrums through August...

It could be quite a ride down though, looking forward to that if it comes to pass.

Welcome, enjoy your stay.

You sounds like you know your onions, have a flick through the charts, Fibo has been most helpful posting his charts too.

Thank you fibo - from your week or so of tips and pointers I am appreciative.

Haters guna hate, but you have helped me - so thank you.

With the green bar visiting to say hi - I am waiting for break of this. So love island is on in the U.K., this means chart time - but have no laptop where I am presently. Will be back in front of screens tomorrow.

I am going to spend some time learning one currency pair. The EURUSD looks like it respects the self forfilling prophecy.

Equally we (you) have spent time posting me through the gbpusd as well as GBPJPY. So I think focus needs to me thinks.

One less car on the interstate Fibo, one day.

You know there is a fellow at ET who trades only one pair, nothing else. Its the EurUsd. For reasons I have already mentioned here and possibly more because he has been doing it for a much longer time.

One less car on the freeway? I'll throw in my postulate that that happens for you.

Punishment to the nth degree, often a 4-hr commute daily = 1/6th of a day. Add 7 hrs for sleep and you have 50% GONE. But the sleep is essential and invigorating and healthy. The commute is anything but.

You know there is a fellow at ET who trades only one pair, nothing else. Its the EurUsd. For reasons I have already mentioned here and possibly more because he has been doing it for a much longer time.

One less car on the freeway? I'll throw in my postulate that that happens for you.

Punishment to the nth degree, often a 4-hr commute daily = 1/6th of a day. Add 7 hrs for sleep and you have 50% GONE. But the sleep is essential and invigorating and healthy. The commute is anything but.
View attachment 264842
This picture is proof enough we are not all 'rational market participants'

The original HOPE and rocket fuel for TRADING is expressed in the picture with the prayer, "Pls God, get me out of this, kill me now if I'm not meant to escape this - this is the great United States? come on, God, this is Hell, these cats live for the weekend after being tortured for 5 days in a row every damn week - that's why there are the long holidays like Christmas/NY, without these holidays, batteries would never be dis/recharged and the game would overload and short-circuit into DEATH"

WAR vs Stock Trading Forums

There are no posers or pretenders in the hospital FORUM. Their wounds are in clear sight for all to notice, see and empathize. Its as clear as can be. These are the casualties of WAR

Stock Trading forum/Seminar/whatever

No external visible wounds. The gaping wounds are all hidden on the inside. They then extend this "hidden wounds" advantage by going poser/pretender as to how well they are doing. Why? Because they love the game but got mauled - they don't want to go back to their previous worthless existence as a slave, so they persist in HOPE

WAR vs Stock Trading Forums

There are no posers or pretenders in the hospital FORUM. Their wounds are in clear sight for all to notice, see and empathize. Its as clear as can be. These are the casualties of WAR

View attachment 264879

Stock Trading forum/Seminar/whatever

No external visible wounds. The gaping wounds are all hidden on the inside. They then extend this "hidden wounds" advantage by going poser/pretender as to how well they are doing. Why? Because they love the game but got mauled - they don't want to go back to their previous worthless existence as a slave, so they persist in HOPE

View attachment 264880

Fibo is in a very thought provoking state of mind today.

Maybe because it’s friday, maybe it’s because he took a trip over the interstate bridge.

I have had a relatively slow day today, yes is the glass box, but still managing some sneaky chart time.

Interesting that on dailyFX.com
The GBPUSD, the IG markets client positions say that ‘20% of clients are short’ aka 80% of retail traders are long. But the outlook of the market also provided by IG is ‘bearish’.

Very interesting.

Taking a read through and noting the Fibo position on S&P500.

Just a gnats whisker from 52 week highs - In fact - as you know Wednesday saw this move. All time high, but for how long.

I am not a stock guy - but even just looking at the RSI current high is not steaming ahead with as much steam as previous highs.
Maybe the market is strong on Friday because everyone wants to make some cash for the weekend.

Monday - depression.

Sam, will look closer at SPY over the weekend. But as a quickie count the waves in the last segment up on 1H. Has the 4th subwave completed? If its gone higher is that the 5th? These things I will look at.

Can't say I've had much luck with my SPY short. And when I started the thread I was in the hole big time and got out with the grace of HC, not my smarts which are totally lacking here in this regard.

Fibo,

Check my shoddy wave counting! difficult on FXpro!! But I make it 5th wave. I think I have missed one!!

Slapped on a little bolly band, price have broken this on a 1 hour, so I expect this to correct back to the equilibrium (green).
Notice how these break bolly bands and get drawn back to equilibrium.

Again, zero knowledge of S&P. Throwing this out for constructive feedback.

Right resting my head. More to follow tomorrow.

On second counting the booze made me make a mistake!

I think the 5 at the top of the current wave should be a 4!

On second counting the booze made me make a mistake!

I think the 5 at the top of the current wave should be a 4!

Nice! Small change reqd.

refer to your chart. See the July low? That should be marked as "start" or "0" ....... meaning that's where you start your wave count. So the first leg up from this ""0" would be "1" .................... then you continue as you have.

Redraw and post

Fibo is in a very thought provoking state of mind today.

Maybe because it’s friday, maybe it’s because he took a trip over the interstate bridge.

I have had a relatively slow day today, yes is the glass box, but still managing some sneaky chart time.

Interesting that on dailyFX.com
The GBPUSD, the IG markets client positions say that ‘20% of clients are short’ aka 80% of retail traders are long. But the outlook of the market also provided by IG is ‘bearish’.

Very interesting.

Taking a read through and noting the Fibo position on S&P500.

Just a gnats whisker from 52 week highs - In fact - as you know Wednesday saw this move. All time high, but for how long.

I am not a stock guy - but even just looking at the RSI current high is not steaming ahead with as much steam as previous highs.
Maybe the market is strong on Friday because everyone wants to make some cash for the weekend.

Monday - depression.

>>>>>> Just a gnats whisker from 52 week highs - In fact - as you know Wednesday saw this move. All time high, but for how long. <<<<<<<<

Yeah dig it. Remember the DSI readings mentioned earlier as 88% bulls? So we know its very frothy and euphoric. But who is to say it cannot get more frothy and euphoric? It can go to 92%+ bulls. All the while it will be drawing in more and more greedy folk who want the free money.

But all these cats, esp. malagutti are in violation of Warren Buffet's priceless LAW: sell when there is euphoria, buy when there is blood in the streets

So we have to combine this Sentiment stuff with actual charting to see when the breakdown will occur.

But what if the bend in the trend is just a pause in a continuing uptrend? This is also possible in which case my premise is wrong. So this is what I have to give more thought to. I've got my work cut out for me. Its a bitch.

But the accomplishment thus far is clear by viewing the Fibo line, a line which puts perspective on the whole shabang

My friends, I got something sweet for you. Don't know if it will work out - but we gots to try, we can't just give up and follow the so-called experts blindly. NO, we gots to find our own way by ourselves. We gots to think, think, think. My head hurts with this topping pattern in the mighty Dow Jones. would have been so nice if Jonesy had given us a clear 5-wave move in the drop from Oct - Dec 2018. that would have made it a C-wave and Fibo could take it from there with ease.

But NO, Jonesy had to complicate things by giving Fibo a 3-wave structure, thereby telling fibo its a COMPLEX PATTERN.

One splendid thing that is coming out of all this complex pattern stuff is that if I were to ask myself if I could have guessed what would happen after I called the top on Jan 26, 2018? The answer is a resounding NO NO NO NO!

This tells me clearly where I am in the understanding of the Markets - a long way to go yet but absolutely wonderful that my next level has been brought to me on a Golden Platter. Fibo can now go to work in style to solve this. therein lies the doubling of ability when solved down the road apiece.

Here's the sweet just located by Fibo TODAY aftr updating the Dow Jones chart for Friday's action ...........................

This means:

Dow Jones has arrived at the Himalayan station = made contact. Now we know Jonesy respects trendlines, esp. those of Fibo. Will he continue to do so this time?

Damned if I know, hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.