Automated trader

Why people lose money in the markets when they trade manually? Example.

This is a presumption that has not been backed by any real evidence that I have seen.

A trader executes 3 identical trades in a week out of 5 potential trades .

There is no such thing as identical trades as there will always be a set of circumstances that are different regardless of the trade being taken.

The difference between automatation and manual trading is the difference between losing and winning or the 95% club or 5% club

This statement is quite simply untrue and there are numerous examples all over these and other boards that prove this time and again. Personally I do prefer a more mechanical approach but I know of many who don't and are consistently highly profitable

Paul

Why people lose money in the markets when they trade manually?Example.

A trader executes 3 identical trades in a week out of 5 potential trades .

He loses 2 trades and wins 1 trade in a week.He misses out on the two other trades one a loss and one a win.

His win profit loss ratio is 60/35 loss

A manual trader who misses two trading days loses 70 (2*35)
and makes 1*60 = net loss of 10

An automated trader takes all 5 trades and wins 2 *60 =120 but loses 3*35 =105 =15 points profit by end of week

The difference between automatation and manual trading is the difference between
losing and winning or the 95% club or 5% club

Best of luck

Oildaytrader

OK, Oildaytrader, I think the business touting is done now.

next business pitch you do is a direct ban.

There is no such thing as identical trades as there will always be a set of circumstances that are different regardless of the trade being taken.
Paul

If a trader trades only three days of the week and happens to trade only those 3 losing days ,then we have wild equity curve

Some traders have the knack of trading only the losing months and some only the losing years .

This year the gbp/usd had a bad year ,so everybody went on holiday in August and when they were on holiday ,they were not trading

Guess what happened .August was the best month and it recovered all the losses for the year but the manual trader was not there!

The automated server was making money

L O L

Regards

Oildaytrader

you probably didnt read the warning as you were busy replying.

next pitch you are out. is that clear.

stop pitching your business.

I do suggest you follow the advice of another member here, and that you do the same thing as Depth Trader does (he is a vendor too;)

Post your trades, and stop pitching.

stop pitching your business.

I do suggest you follow the advice of another member here, and that you do the same thing as Depth Trader does (he is a vendor too;)

Post your trades, and stop pitching.

o k

I will only post statements of executed trades on forward demo accounts.
After I start my real money account I will post both with just description of accounts

Regards

Oildaytrader

This year the gbp/usd had a bad year ,so everybody went on holiday in August and when they were on holiday ,they were not trading

It is not a requirement to have to trade the GBPUSD currency there are other instruments to trade and there are opportunities in those all year round.

The statements you are making are inaccurate and misleading. The fact that you have partially developed an automated approach and that you are implying it is the only way to be a successful trader is not true. I have previously done the same and have been able to demonstrate an equity curve (posted on here a few years back), that would have increased an account from a start of $10K to over $4.2M

It actually doesn't mean or prove anything.

Paul

Hi folks

This is my last post on this thread .I would like you all to continue debating with love.I enjoyed all your opinions.I enjoyed this forum more than the other forums as there are some good posters here.

Please feel free to express your opinions in this thread as all of you make good valid points.I would like to read your opinions

Thank you for reading my opinions and sometimes I am wrong ,so forgive me

Best Wishes

O D T