Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

People will willingly lock up their children for weeks / months on end but tell them to get rid of their CAT and they will suddenly tell you coronavirus isn't that bad after all.
Je suis Mon Chat!

BBC fear-mongering again.

From 1 hour ago.
"... we would expect to see more than 1,000 deaths a day very soon and 2,000 a day later this week. "
says James Gill, a lecturer at Warwick Medical School.

When do we resume being terrified of terrorists on every corner that will cut our head off...or is it climate catastrophe we're supposed to be terrified about?

In the interests of balance we should cull all dogs and their owners, that would solve a great many problems modern society is currently experiencing and would greatly reduce the fouling of our footpaths with excrement and single use plastic bags.

Following that will be all football supporters, they are not needed anymore, following that, the vast majority of office workers, the dole scroungers should already be gone along with prisoners. No need to travel anywhere means a cull of drivers and airline pilots and support staff.

The old will cull themselves as part of the pandemic process. Once the pandemic is over we will have no need for all the volunteer health workers, police can be reduced as there are no crims left.

Eventually we can get rid of politicians as all that will be left will be people working the fields to feed themselves, if they are not self-sustainable, just cull.

In the interests of balance we should cull all dogs and their owners, that would solve a great many problems modern society is currently experiencing and would greatly reduce the fouling of our footpaths with excrement and single use plastic bags.
Following that will be all football supporters, they are not needed anymore, following that, the vast majority of office workers, the dole scroungers should already be gone along with prisoners. No need to travel anywhere means a cull of drivers and airline pilots and support staff.
The old will cull themselves as part of the pandemic process. Once the pandemic is over we will have no need for all the volunteer health workers, police can be reduced as there are no crims left.
Eventually we can get rid of politicians as all that will be left will be people working the fields to feed themselves, if they are not self-sustainable, just cull.
... and if we go about things really efficiently we won't be needing either an asteroid or a nuclear holocaust to complete the job.

... and if we go about things really efficiently we won't be needing either an asteroid or a nuclear holocaust to complete the job.

Well, we are certainly well on track to achieve extinction long before the next known lump of rock is due to arrive, in 2880.

But it's as well to have that back-up plan in reserve, just in case we fail.

😷

BBC fear-mongering again.

From 1 hour ago.
"... we would expect to see more than 1,000 deaths a day very soon and 2,000 a day later this week. "
says James Gill, a lecturer at Warwick Medical School.

Spain figures fallen for 4th successive day.
China figures are unreliable, so Spain and Italy experience should inform us of UK peak.
Germany seem to have flattened their curve early on.

Boris is in hospital. Is this good?

EDIT: all of the above is irrelevant if you think it's just flu.

Uck...
The French!
...Ta gueule, sale Rosbif! On a pas oublié Waterloo...et Mers El Kebir!

I'm still sore over that Thierry Henry handball...

...as long as that's all that's making you sore, otherwise I'm sure that some lube might help :p

Spain figures fallen for 4th successive day.
China figures are unreliable, so Spain and Italy experience should inform us of UK peak.
Germany seem to have flattened their curve early on.

Boris is in hospital. Is this good?

EDIT: all of the above is irrelevant if you think it's just flu.

Yes its just flu.

But I suppose there's a possibility it was engineered in a Wuhan bio lab and got out.

Yes its just flu.

But I suppose there's a possibility it was engineered in a Wuhan bio lab and got out.

? Just the flu

“But much about coronaviruses is still unclear. Susan Weiss, of the University of Pennsylvania, has been studying them for about 40 years. She says that in the early days, only a few dozen scientists shared her interest—and those numbers swelled only slightly after the SARS epidemic of 2002. “Until then people looked at us as a backward field with not a lot of importance to human health,” she says. But with the emergence of SARS-CoV-2—the cause of the COVID-19 disease—no one is likely to repeat that mistake again.

To be clear, SARS-CoV-2 is not the flu. It causes a disease with different symptoms,spreads and kills more readily, and belongs to a completely different family of viruses. This family, the coronaviruses, includes just six other members that infect humans. Four of them—OC43, HKU1, NL63, and 229E—have been gently annoying humans for more than a century, causing a third of common colds. The other two—MERS and SARS (or “SARS-classic,” as some virologists have started calling it)—both cause far more severe disease. Why was this seventh coronavirus the one to go pandemic? Suddenly, what we do know about coronaviruses becomes a matter of international concern.”

Remember: Whenever you go out, keep at least 2M distance between you and Malayan tigers.

I'm not so sure about this advice because the tiger lives in the U.S. The British forced the system on us, and you expect your former subjects to take your advice now! When foreign tigers come here (New Amsterdam Yawk), they need to abide by our laws. So we here in the U.S. only need to stay away from tigers 6 feet (1.83 meters) and not a millimeter more!:p

Last edited:
Trump is too tough to bother with a mask.
Fingers crossed then...................

Been shopping. All is well.
Asda, milk, eggs (yes, finally), bread.
Still no soap, unless you want the poncy expensive Hayliss and Bayliss (??) Pomegranate stuff.
There was a queue. Waited, less than 3 minutes to get in.
Lots of disinfectant spray, etc, some face masks, some gloves. Mostly normal.
Sainsburys. Wait of less than 3 minutes to get in. All well stocked. Still no soap.
BUT, there was pasta! Maximum of 3 packets per customer.
I bought myself 1 whole 500g packet.
(as an aside, I could buy 2 packets of 1kg packets, but I would have been denied buying 4 500g packets. The shop-people didn't see the absurdity in that.)
Washed hands and face when I got back.
No triffids. No zombies. No checkpoints demanding "Wo is das papieren, bitte?".
I live another day.

Been shopping. All is well.
No triffids. No zombies. No checkpoints demanding "Wo is das papieren, bitte?".
I live another day.
You obviously live far from Streatham - so you should be grateful for that :)

For my own Stupid Report: I took a look at Lidl on the High Road. No queues outside and more surprisingly at the self-checkout either. Stocks of everything...except eggs. I didn't bother looking anywhere else.