Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

. . . Mind you, it will be interesting to see how Sweden get on where it’s pretty much life as normal. They don’t seem to be suffering massive increase in cases and deaths as yet.
I agree Jon, though it's worth keeping in mind that Swedes are very different people to us lot as most of them live in isolation as a way of life — I believe 80% of Swedish homes have single occupancy. Although the media show pictures of outgoing gatherings of Swedes enjoying the good life, those images are not representative of a somewhat introverted society prone to depression, isolation and loneliness.

I agree Jon, though it's worth keeping in mind that Swedes are very different people to us lot as most of them live in isolation as a way of life — I believe 80% of Swedish homes have single occupancy. Although the media show pictures of outgoing gatherings of Swedes enjoying the good life, those images are not representative of a somewhat introverted society prone to depression, isolation and loneliness.

Hey that’s a bit ott, Tim:). Admittedly there are not many smiles in the Swedish cop-show TV that I sometimes watch, but Stockholm seems quite a bustling city.

Like your average T2W poster. :p

What's the point of a UK lock down.
Only self quarantine .
Still part of the EU.

1586082356418.png

Well, the health secretary in the UK (miraculously recovered from near-death bout of the virus) now says we should all be locked up in our homes and never allowed out, after a massive crowd of two people dared have a BBQ outside. Not quite gone so far as to suggest we should be shot on sight for non-compliance yet, but give it a few more days .....

Meanwhile his Scottish counterpart has followed tradition and done what the rich elite always do- that is, flouted the rules which she insists everybody else should adhere to, packing up her family and rushing them out of the infested city to her second home in the countryside.

Well that's the longest bought of 'outdoor exercise' I've done since I was a teenager, although I never bought garden plants back then! Funnily enough I saw far more people 'exercising' today than I've ever seen.

Just throwing it out there, but a 'normal' rate of deaths for your average flu virus in Italy would be around 668 people.
Let's see what the WHO figures say tomorrow.

Funnily enough I saw far more people 'exercising' today than I've ever seen.
Indeed. I had my morning institutional before breakfast but even at 7am on the way back, Tooting Common was crawling/hopping/seething with panting joggers and earnest ladies sweating in their highly-coloured lycra - none of them mask-wearers. I found myself leaping into the undergrowth on several occasions to avoid any miasma.

...and speaking of miasma: I was reminded that the mechanism which allows perfume to be smelt at some distance from the wearer is identical to that which transmits the virus. So, how far away do you have to be so you can't detect somebody wearing perfume? It's certainly more than 2 metres :)

Coronamadness ... George Orwell is turning in his grave, the book 1984 was a warning not an instruction manual.

Indeed. I had my morning institutional before breakfast but even at 7am on the way back, Tooting Common was crawling/hopping/seething with panting joggers and earnest ladies sweating in their highly-coloured lycra - none of them mask-wearers. I found myself leaping into the undergrowth on several occasions to avoid any miasma.

...and speaking of miasma: I was reminded that the mechanism which allows perfume to be smelt at some distance from the wearer is identical to that which transmits the virus. So, how far away do you have to be so you can't detect somebody wearing perfume? It's certainly more than 2 metres :)

Has she or has she not?

I don't think those two fella's jogging in the clip kept their 2m distance so they probably have it if she has. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well that's the longest bought of 'outdoor exercise' I've done since I was a teenager, although I never bought garden plants back then! Funnily enough I saw far more people 'exercising' today than I've ever seen.

Just throwing it out there, but a 'normal' rate of deaths for your average flu virus in Italy would be around 668 people.
The figures are in already.

European Region
..............New cases ..............New deaths
Spain ..... 7026 ..........................809
Italy .......4805 ........................681
Germany ...5936 ................. 184
France ........ 4221 ............... 1053
The United Kingdom 3735 .. 708

All following a normal predictable pace, absolutely no reason to trash the world economy. What the fuck happened here!

FWIW Italys number for tomorrow could be 525 less accuracy on the way down its logarithmic.

The UK is likely to see 600+ per day for the next 7 days, dont panic!

People have a lot of food to burn off.

Went to Kirra beach footpath on Sunday at 6am.
Normally only 4 or 5 people.
Yesterday over 100 people biking, walking, running & skating.

Oooooooooooh !

- It's (the virus is) transmissible to cats, lol.

Oh Dear.

Now being as the domesticated feline roams far and wide nightly at will and practices social cuddling on returning home ....

The obvious solution is an immediate cull of all cats to save lives.

So OK, what Government is brave enough to upset all the pet lovers out there :p

Historical Note:

Traditionally in European Regions (yes that means England too), a full cull of domesticated animals/ pets was among the foremost measures taken to quell the spread of an epidemic, usually imposed next after a quarantine lockdown.

Of course, in them there days you didn't have planet huggers and such, largely due to such dissent or protest in of itself rapidly resulting in summary gruesome execution of the protesting party.

😷

Remember: Whenever you go out, keep at least 2M distance between you and Malayan tigers.

Oooooooooooh !
- It's (the virus is) transmissible to cats, lol.
Now being as the domesticated feline roams far and wide nightly at will and practices social cuddling on returning home ....
......The obvious solution is an immediate cull of all cats to save lives.
So OK, what Government is brave enough to upset all the pet lovers out there :p
Can you imagine.
People will willingly lock up their children for weeks / months on end but tell them to get rid of their CAT and they will suddenly tell you coronavirus isn't that bad after all.