Are we due for a market crash?

martino

Anyone else feel we're due a market crash/correction?

I just feel the market is near it's long term high and Roubini, Buffet and Spitznagel among others are expecting a fall this year.

There's a blood red moon in 2 weeks time and has in the past coincided with wars in Israel (1967) or its foundation (1948).

Putin acting up in Crimea

It all feels a tad bearish to me..

What's your target for a fall? I hoped for 2500 last time but it scraped over 3500 (me thinks?)

Buffet

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNewsInt...66D4-1&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

Roubini

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...re-of-u-dot-s-dot-market-correction-this-year

If the blood moon is signifying the end of times, I think I'd rather be out meeting all the hotties before they are taken to heaven. Not buying Puts in the SPY.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel we're due a market crash/correction?

Correction for sure. Just waiting for the last hot trader to buy into the hype.

Sell - go away and come back to play again in late August. (y)

Due for sure we are due, that it will happen that is another matter altogether.

I see the CBs, the banking sector and the governments very strong at the moment, colluding as they are all three completely broken.

They are very affraid of bad news in the press, we have European Elections soon followed by mid term elections in the US. I can not see any of three parties above allowing the market to crash anytime soon.

As I have said many times, only an external influence will allow this collapse/correction to happen. Either a natural disaster (unpredictable), a terrorist attack (also unpredictable) or spread social unrest around the world (beginning now). I even don't believe now that rise in interest rates will be allowed or if it happens will have any influence in the market.

Otherwise is S&P to 2000 pts and beyond. They know that if it corrects it will not go to 1600 pts but much lower, probably a crash of up to 60 to 70%. All the money they have printed over the last years is the only thing that has managed this rise in the markets.

I believe none of us can say our standard of living has improve three fold in the last five years as the S&P has done (666 pts to 1900 pts).

My two cents..... but by patient, it will happen, probably sooner rather than later and for sure the day (and for the reason) we less expect it.

This chart shows the long term FTSE 100 and it shows the 3rd challenge at 6700-6900 region. I just feel it has to fail and the fall could be horrific, like down to 1500 or 2500 at best. I'm quite bearish and am thinking of buying a FTSE short ETF with my trading ISA.

Just select the MAX view to understand what i mean

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^FTSE

Last edited:
This chart shows the long term FTSE 100 and it shows the 3rd challenge at 6700-6900 region. I just feel it has to fail and the fall could be horrific, like down to 1500 or 2500 at best. I'm quite bearish and am thinking of buying a FTSE short ETF with my trading ISA.

Just select the MAX view to understand what i mean

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^FTSE

Technically, that chart is making higher lows so it should carry on up to reach/breach 6800-6900 before the correction imo.

I'd wait for confirmation before taking shorts too soon. Alternatively, be patient and enjoy the summer, watch the World Cup :cool:

Life is a beach then one drowns :cheesy: C'est la vie :cool:

i dont care ........just buy rising markets and sell falling markets

predictions are for gypsy's, tipsters and football pundits on TV

not traders :)
N

N

Take it you don't hold any shares then???

When a share enters a pull-back phase - one can neutralise the net price effect with shorts and simply collect dividends. When the bounce does kick back in again collect on the short and maintain share in portfolio.

Last edited:
Look pretty silly selling one's portfolio of blue chip shares when everyone and his budgie knows it's going through 3,000 eventually. :)
Just a matter of when.

Just major or minor pullbacks until then so, ye of little faith, onwards and upwards.

(y)

short DAX

and maybe long FTSE?

Attachments

• FTSE DAX.jpg
    FTSE DAX.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 343
I don’t know about a red moon, Buffet etc. but so far as the puppet masters don’t run out of ink I can’t see it happening.

BTW I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to short DAX while ECB is talking about QE

I don’t know about a red moon, Buffet etc. but so far as the puppet masters don’t run out of ink I can’t see it happening.

BTW I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to short DAX while ECB is talking about QE

it depends......

depends if you trade TA or FA

depends what t/f you are talking about

once again, a thread which OP fails to mention his/hers context....in other words a waste of time.

and to use Buffet quote as a basis for decision making is the final nail.

either the OP is a troll, or someone who wants to make a quick n easy buck.

What like now now as in today the 10th of April.

Is this the real thing?

Disappointed we didn't wait till the 15th or somefink? :cheesy:

Pretty bearish this thread I thought I was reading Zero Hedge for a minute. Someone mention 2000 on the FTSE? :-0 Can't see the BOE allowing that before pumping the QE pedal.

China looks ready to implode like the West in 2008, but on steroids.

I reckon a correction/pull back/crash will come, then CB's will unleash massive QE.

Did anyone see the Greek bond auction today, over subscribed 7 times? WTF?:eek: The worlds gone mad, mad....

Last edited by a moderator:

N

Correct, BUT position traders takes a position in the market beforehand based on economic, technical or other reading .

When market falls or rise several hundred points in couple of days then it doesn't give you opportunity to enter the market. Market moves faster then you can think and decide what to do... that's call juicy steak!

Also, if you are keen in TA then I can give you a clue.

Have a look @ "On Balance Volume indicator" on daily and weekly chart. This is one of the greatest tool in these condition.