Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
I thought I'd start this thread in the Trading Journals section because it gives me moderation powers.

I was a regular lurker and occasional contributor to another thread with a very similar name. Unfortunately it's gone down the pan recently and regulars know why.

I hope the same people who contribute useful/interesting/witty commentary on the other thread will post here (should they be in the same mind as I, of course).

Needless to say, if you have form on the other thread, you will not be able to post here.

Last edited:
Reactions: darktone

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
DOW. Price around yesterday's median. I'll be watching the PA around 18875. Support here could send the price through the overnight highs. Weakness here and we could see the price head for yesterday's low.

darktone

Veteren member
3,916 1,000
Wohoo! fab idea. Im guessin endscuff wont be trotting through here anytime soon :cheesy:

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
Cheers DT. Yep, this is the 'Eff you and the horse you rode in on' thread

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
18825 in play, which way's she goin? M5 closes still under 5EMA suggest down.

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
18825 in play, which way's she goin? M5 closes still under 5EMA suggest down.
5EMA is the only indicator I look at these days having decided all the others are of little or no value. I think I'd do well to get rid of this one too! But am just so used to looking at it now that the price looks like it's floating in the void without it - all psychological of course - they are my training wheels!

Reactions: darktone

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
Well wasn't going to trade today whilst I got my head around this blogging lark but saw this set up and couldn't resist. Thought there might be a bounce from the low but did expect it to take me out. Hey ho

Attachments

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
What a day! had to check the numbers to make sure I wasn't watching the footsie! Can anybody, who has a broader knowledge of the markets (news, correlations etc.) tell me why volatility is so low today?

timsk

Legendary member
7,021 1,847
. . . Can anybody, who has a broader knowledge of the markets (news, correlations etc.) tell me why volatility is so low today?
Hi cbrads,

Market_Overview_15.11.2016.png

I can't - and don't - claim to have a broad knowledge of the markets, but today doesn't strike me as being particularly unusual. Where there's broad equilibrium between buyers and sellers, then there's nowhere for the market to go. Today is one of those days that hasn't been particularly volatile, but that's a against a backdrop of spectacular volatility following the U.S. elections. The chart above covers the major indices and there was plenty of opportunity on the Dax today and over 100 points for you on the Dow.

The indices are displaying a hinge pattern. If you've not read it, this thread on the topic by dbphoenix may be of interest: The Springboard .
Tim.

Last edited:

Dowser

Experienced member
1,292 293
Tim, you're quite right. I was just suffering a little tunnel vision watching the price grind along in that tight range (and licking my wounds from the losing trade). Never heard of the hinge pattern before, will take a look thanks(y)