Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a background in trading can tell that Dash has one too... it doesn't have to be verified.
I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Perhaps because I have read few of his other posts outside of this thread, I do not have the breadth of experience you have. However it is hard for the readers of this thread who do not have a background in trading to ascertain his credibility. And his remarks here show little evidence of competence.

Sorry, I can't help myself... I am drawn into this against my better judgement.

Howard, you seem to be talking a lot about "learning", "improving", "refining" etc recently. That's commendable and I applaud you for being receptive to the lessons the mkt teaches us all. However, do you think someone who's doing quite so much "learning" should be doing any "teaching"?
That is a wise question and one that I still ask myself. I think I can contribute positively compared to the others who teach. Is that justification enough? I just don't know yet.

That is a wise question and one that I still ask myself. I think I can contribute positively compared to the others who teach. Is that justification enough? I just don't know yet.

Well I'll save you the trouble pal, 'cos everyone else does.

NO.

I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Perhaps because I have read few of his other posts outside of this thread, I do not have the breadth of experience you have. However it is hard for the readers of this thread who do not have a background in trading to ascertain his credibility. And his remarks here show little evidence of competence.

Leaving the lulz aside then, how come all of the pro traders on this thread share the same / similar viewpoint?

Howard, if you are in the business of developing your strategy then all well and good. But for goodness sakes man you need to drop this fanciful idea that you are somehow going to educate students...this is just complete nonsense.

cause he knows stuff everyone picks up in the market but you won't read in books, basically...

Leaving the lulz aside then, how come all of the pro traders on this thread share the same / similar viewpoint?

Howard, if you are in the business of developing your strategy then all well and good. But for goodness sakes man you need to drop this fanciful idea that you are somehow going to educate students...this is just complete nonsense.
You, on the other hand, do have credibility with me. Perhaps you would be willing to discuss this off line where more light than heat can be shed on the subject?

Going back to the very core of this trading strategy, HC has yet to tell us why he believes he is going to make money.

He denies that options are systematically overpriced, yet maintains a perpetual short theta and vol position.

He denies that he has found a secret method which values probabilities much more accurately than the rest of the market.

He has no directional bias on the underlying or on implied vol.

He has no opinion on the value of skew.

He has no opinion at all on markets, other than that he can extract money on a regular basis with his strategy.

Given that he is crossing spread and paying commission, he presumably assumes he is a talented risk manager who will sidestep nasty moves. It's possible, but if he is honest with himself, he probably realises that six months of ACTUAL LIVE TRADING (forget backtests) is probably NOT sufficient.

Minimum track record requirement in the prop trading/hedge fund industry is TWO YEARS on the chosen strategy, but most now require 3-5 years.

But.. HC has it licked in under a year.

Going back to the very core of this trading strategy, HC has yet to tell us why he believes he is going to make money.

He denies that options are systematically overpriced, yet maintains a perpetual short theta and vol position.

He has no directional bias on the underlying or on implied vol.

He has no opinion on the value of skew.

He has no opinion at all on markets, other than that he can extract money on a regular basis with his strategy.

Given that he is crossing spread and paying commission, he presumably assumes he is a talented risk manager who will sidestep nasty moves. It's possible, but if he is honest with himself, he probably realises that six months of ACTUAL LIVE TRADING (forget backtests) is probably NOT sufficient.

Minimum track record requirement in the prop trading/hedge fund industry is TWO YEARS on the chosen strategy, but most now require 3-5 years.

But.. HC has it licked in under a year.
I'm nearly out the door so I wont respond to your entire post at the moment.

I do not believe I have licked it. That is hubris beyond even my abilities. I believe that I have something worthwhile to offer students. That many here fail to see the difference is disheartening.

I do not believe I have licked it. That is hubris beyond even my abilities. I believe that I have something worthwhile to offer students. That many here fail to see the difference is disheartening.

What do you have to offer?

You have no opinion on the market in any shape or form. You have no experience with trading options. You don't understand options particularly well, nor do you seem to care that you don't understand.

All you can possibly have is superior risk management skills. Skills you have developed since August of last year. Can you see the issue that every single person on this thread has with the notion of you "teaching"?

well I had a look-see and someone just paid up for the 128 Risk Reversal in April on SPY in 10,000.

(at least I think its a risk reversal - BOT 128 calls (10,000) and SOLD 128 PUTS (10,000))

i remember reading a bit ago about how one strategy was to look for big selling/buying in a particular stock, and then quickly dime the bid/offer on the appropriate option

the idea was that a bank who had just sold a big option position to a client would first try to get a bit of a hedge on before putting the whole trade on.

I made this post on another thread but I thought some if you clever option bods might have sumthin to say about it

Status
Not open for further replies.