Credit Spread Strike Price Width

PSCTrader

In a credit spread strike price width, especially in the case of iron condors, i notice that most people use a difference of 10 between the long and the short. (125/135)

I was doing some math and found I got a much better return on margin with closer strike prices. (133/135)

A 2 point difference allows me to buy 5 times as many contracts for the same risk and much higher credit.

What am I missing and why would I want to go wide (10 point difference as opposed to 2)?

I found the answer to my own question for those who want to know:

ETF = 2 point wingspan
Index Fund = 10 point wingspan

Also, I was using the wrong terminology in my original post.

Wingspan: The distance between the strikes making up the wings of the order (the outside pairs). This must be the same for both wings. The distance between the middle strikes (the inside pair) is known as the width.

In a credit spread strike price width, especially in the case of iron condors, i notice that most people use a difference of 10 between the long and the short. (125/135)

I was doing some math and found I got a much better return on margin with closer strike prices. (133/135)

A 2 point difference allows me to buy 5 times as many contracts for the same risk and much higher credit.

What am I missing and why would I want to go wide (10 point difference as opposed to 2)?

Hi I designed a site special for calculating the return for credit spread.
Max. profit, max. risk, profit possibility are all involved.
See credit spread screener