Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just bought a;
dax 10650 PUT expiry Friday max risk 340 EUR
ftse 6100 PUT expiry Friday max risk 60 GBP

If daxy closes above 11000 then all bets are off I guess.
And yes I'm hoping for a proper sell-off at some point...

Just bought a;
dax 10650 PUT expiry Friday max risk 340 EUR
ftse 6100 PUT expiry Friday max risk 60 GBP

If daxy closes above 11000 then all bets are off I guess.
And yes I'm hoping for a proper sell-off at some point...

going to show my ignorance how do they work pls

going to show my ignorance how do they work pls

I'm only just learning myself, but basically if you ever had a trade which went against you and hit your stop by a few points, then a moment later turned and went a couple of hundred points in your intended direction then they are definitely worth looking into.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/08/options-stops.asp

At the moment, due to my lack of knowledge I'm only buying OTM (out of the money) CALLs & PUTs because they are cheapest and the most closely aligned to how a traditional position works.

Options are great for trading volatility. Also good if you think the market is miss-priced/due a correction but your timing is not exact then you can pay a premium for time.

Investors will now focus their attention to the intervention of Mario Draghi at an event organized by the Central Bank of England at 13:15.

OK - so my PUTs were in too early, looking like 11k is on the cards even before Super Mario opens his mouth.

I'm only just learning myself, but basically if you ever had a trade which went against you and hit your stop by a few points, then a moment later turned and went a couple of hundred points in your intended direction then they are definitely worth looking into.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/08/options-stops.asp

At the moment, due to my lack of knowledge I'm only buying OTM (out of the money) CALLs & PUTs because they are cheapest and the most closely aligned to how a traditional position works.

cheer will have a read

Short @ 10864, stop at BE, probably missed most of the move but hey ho...

...stop was obviously too tight, duh

Daily showing a bullish reversal for yesterday, and today showing *almost* a bearish engulfing... a real battle between bulls and bears tbh

I'm expecting a possible test of 10720 possibly even lower to 10650 tomorrow =|

Who cares it'll be buy to the heavens time soon.