Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I thought that there could be a change of trend today, shorted, changed my mind and closed at BE. Now I am holding a six point gain of 6. It does seem to me now, though, that there is some upside left.

I wonder whether, in all the years that I have been trading, I might have been better off going for a set target of i.e.10 points rather than letting winners run. If I had done I would be on the sidelines, now, with a profit.

Split -have a look at this chap ( RYANMCD). He goes for set number of pips.
The thread below re JANKONE is a variation, albeit Jankone seems to defer to Ryanmcd as the more experienced trader

RYANMCD ? 5min tf - Forex Factory

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=318875

RYANMCD ? 5min tf. Note ? to those of you that are new to this method it is strongly advised that you read the James16 thread first and get comfortable playing ...

Search @ Forex Factory

Jankone M5 thread @ Forex Factory

Hope the above helps:)
Neil

Hi All,

Just now shorted some CAC at 3800.
I have the impression that it got a little stronger relatively to the rest of the indices, while the French economy is not in the best shape, not that it matters anything though.

We could drop a little into close and gap up nicely overnight ready for jobs tomorrow. The jobs numbers might be our catalyst for the next leg up.

Could be the case for the Dow, but the European indices seem a little tired and overstreched.
Just my opinion.

Bank stress tests due anytime now.
Watch for the big fall in China trade balance due around 11am Sydney time.
Will hurt countries importing into China, China shut down for New Year would have played some part.
May pull the markets down a bit.
Will move HK , ASX and DOW.
NFP to finish the week.

Bank stress tests due anytime now.
Watch for the big fall in China trade balance due around 11am Sydney time.
Will hurt countries importing into China, China shut down for New Year would have played some part.
May pull the markets down a bit.
Will move HK , ASX and DOW.
NFP to finish the week.

China trade was stronger than expected, the Hang Seng rallied hard after the lunch break...

Morning All

All indices very strong today.

Currently underwater on my CAC short from yesterday.

Next week could be better with the shorts.

China trade was stronger than expected, the Hang Seng rallied hard after the lunch break...

That number caught me be by surprise and I think the market was not expecting either.
Mind you China finished down for the day.
Starting to get towards the top in this current 6 month period.
DAX is the last duck on the top with 8,000.

Hi SD good to see you back online.(y)

I'm going through my own personal stress test at the moment. Currently short the SP500.
Seems the markets have already priced in good non-farm payrolls data coming in later.