Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning UK, Greece and Spain

Another new high for the ASX today, now up 10.79% for year.
FTSE 10.10%
DOW 11.75%
DAX 6.08%
@ 4pm in Sydney.

Not sure with the FTSE on Monday, might try and scalp for a few 4 or 5 points here and there, might also try the DAX.
Might also give me a better feel on the FTSE with a few scalps(winners and losers), which should allow me to take some longer term trades on the FTSE from Tuesday onwards.
Then also look for a longer set up towards the close in New York, with position on the ASX or DOW

Last edited:
Clocks went forward 1 hour in the US, DOW going to open 1 hour earlier today at 1.30pm.

Still holding SP500 and FTSE shorts from last week. Markets should retrace after an excellent run last week, we've had some bad China data and Italy's downgrade hitting sentiment.

Morning Bus and All

Markets a tad lower atm. Still holding my CAC short.
Will try to short on any strength during the day.

morning everyone

SP500 technical s are strongest i have seen since past 10 weeks

1542.5 is the sell trigger today

Last edited:
mornin' all

Dunno if our persistent shorties will find the following of interest.

Last week FTSE was up by 104 but was a net -57 weak relative to DOW (despite a strong +25 Friday). That means anyone who hedged their FTSE short with a DOW long would have finished the week in profit to the equivalent of 57 ftse points - or 82 points if they closed everything on Thursday close.

mornin' all

Dunno if our persistent shorties will find the following of interest.

Last week FTSE was up by 104 but was a net -57 weak relative to DOW (despite a strong +25 Friday). That means anyone who hedged their FTSE short with a DOW long would have finished the week in profit to the equivalent of 57 ftse points - or 82 points if they closed everything on Thursday close.

Morning barjon

FTSE is holding up well, with DAX down and DOW and Asia furtures looking for a lower open.
Just looking at some numbers on excel, possible move down to 6,453 in current session.
Would be happy to go long below 6,453 into Tuesday, might get in the after hours in Asia.
Plus 10.7 div on the FTSE for Tuesday to support the long side.

Plus ASX is ovevalue to the FTSE, which should help pull the FTSE down in Asia.
Mind you the US could screw everyting I have just said.

Think equities in a sweet spot at mom, certainly US, numbers coming out better and promise of QE for the forseeable future, were off small otday but i still think people are going to be buying weakness, nothing has changed and the hunt for yield is on, look for FTSE and DAX to break last weeks high this week. Italian bond auction later in the week, this will probably go well with domestic buying which will be another risk on catalyst. i agree markets are very overbought but i cant see whats gonna really make them come off at the minute

Dylan Grice Explains How "Crackpot" Central Bankers Are Destroying Society

Would the real Peter and Paul please stand up?

In a previous life as a London-based ‘global strategist’ (I was never sure what that was) I was known as someone who was worried by QE and more generally, about the willingness of our central bankers to play games with something which I didn’t think they fully understand: money. This may be a strange, even presumptuous thing to say. Surely of all people, one thing central bankers understand is money?

They certainly should understand money. They print it, lend it, borrow it, conjure it. They control the price of it… But so what? What should be true is not necessarily what is true, and in the topsy-turvy world of finance and economics, it rarely is. So file the following under “strange but true”: our best and brightest economists have very little understanding of economics. Take the current malaise as prima facie evidence.

Dylan Grice Explains How "Crackpot" Central Bankers Are Destroying Society | Zero Hedge

Quiet tonight/today

Just remember FTSE div is 10.7 and and DOW 7.1 at the close.
Let's see if DAX can get above 8,000 and hold.
Light volume on all global markets so far this week.

mornin'

the 10:00am strikes today - or 09:00am so far as dow is concerned. these damn time changes :LOL:

mornin'

the 10:00am strikes today - or 09:00am so far as dow is concerned. these damn time changes :LOL:

Really happy to be on summer time hours for the US markets, but at the same time it means the summer doldrums aren't far way!

I can actually practice CL with both eyes open for a while at least.

CanOz

Really happy to be on summer time hours for the US markets, but at the same time it means the summer doldrums aren't far way!

I can actually practice CL with both eyes open for a while at least.

CanOz

A lot of US fund managers rumored to be going to Nicaragua in June.
Great fishing spot.
Will they sell and take their profits to spend.