Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Vodafone are up around 4% after close of UK market on news regarding its stake in Verizon. Should be positive for the FTSE tomorrow.

ftse not much liking this much - being dragged up kicking and screaming as dow hurtles into the wide bue yonder. I've just paired it long ftse/short dow.

ASX may get taken above 5,100 should be around 5,117 to match FTSE and DOW from yesterdays close. Don't think its going to like being taken much higher at the moment. Current 5,094
Will look to short above 5,110 and hold for a couple of days.
Aussie GDP today, never bad:LOL:

Morning All

New highs today. This is like a locomotive.

However it may start to lose momentum, especially the European indexes.

Will look for short opportunities in any spikes.

Morning All

New highs today. This is like a locomotive.

However it may start to lose momentum, especially the European indexes.

Will look for short opportunities in any spikes.

I've been saying that for about 2 months now.

DOW at 14300, SP500 1545 and FTSE 6450, who whould have thought we would see that already after the big falls last week...................
We need a retrace, be it profit taking or bad news!

Unfortunately, me too!

Saying that, I've shorted again this mourning and its still going up!

mornin' all

For someone called "trend lines" that's a bit of a paradox :LOL:

Dunno why there seems to be such fascination for reversals. The buy the dip boys have had in the bag for months now since 5800 was "too high".

We're coming to the end of the ISA selling season here, of course, and if the rumours of governments turning off the printing presses start gathering pace then shorties might well have their day(s) - wait for it to start though.

"For someone called "trend lines" that's a bit of a paradox"
LOL, yes I feel like a bit of a tit! for not following the obvious trend up. If only I had I would be very happy now!

"For someone called "trend lines" that's a bit of a paradox"
LOL, yes I feel like a bit of a tit! for not following the obvious trend up. If only I had I would be very happy now!

Yes, I did notice the Freudian slip, too (Saying that, I've shorted again this mourning and its still going up!) :LOL:

I gave it a 4 point risk, Jon, this morning. As soon as it went over yesterday's highs, I cut it. Reversals are a psycho thing, I have to give them a try. Don't tell me not to- I can't help it. However, I'm now on the sidelines with this one.

Morning all,

Blimey, I go away for a days golf yesterday and miss a hell of a day's trading... I really do not understand where all this positivity is coming from..

They said on CNBC, everytime the SP500 is 8% above the 200 day moving average the the markets pull-back. They've been right everytime, lets hope there right again!!!

...........Reversals are a psycho thing, I have to give them a try. Don't tell me not to- I can't help it. .............

:) well, I suppose even the "buy the dips" boys are looking for reversals (of the dip) too.

Most of the successful guys I know are in the "buy high, sell higher" camp and chase momentum.

Good morning all.
Closed Monday's short (6355) at a 55 point loss.
Gone short again at 6449 at low stakes. Will let this one have a good run.
Anyone can work out how much VOD spike has added to FTSE, suspect about 30 points?
Ian

Since I got out of that short, I am back in on a long trade because my signals, although they might be different from other peoples, are telling me that this is an up trend. Where it will end, who knows? But a short trade taken at this time, must be on the basis of trying to make something on an oversold position, making a few points, locking in a stop at a profit, if possible, and waiting to see if it keeps on going down. That's my opinion. Let's face it, it's an easier life to go long!

Yesterday's high, that I shorted on earlier , I am, now, attacking from the underside, in a long trade. Let's see how it goes!

Last edited:
Morning Guys, im also in the shorted this morning and have sat here all morning watch it go in my face, true trend is up, but when even the Sun is reporting that equities are pushing up you know its getting toppy !