Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Strong end to the week for the FTSE .

BT did well today - up nearly 7% on the day

Hi all,.... Will start to look at shorts soon methinks... Btw does anyone know if you get TICK and TRIN for ftse? Marvellous tools for scalping ES and DOW but have struggled to find equivalent for FTSE. I guess you could construct them if you know how to program... But been lazy would prefer a pre built index.

Hi all,.... Will start to look at shorts soon methinks... Btw does anyone know if you get TICK and TRIN for ftse? Marvellous tools for scalping ES and DOW but have struggled to find equivalent for FTSE. I guess you could construct them if you know how to program... But been lazy would prefer a pre built index.

morning everyone

TICK TRIN is available. I have it on may platform, Mytrack Edge

Attachments

• marketpulse.png
    marketpulse.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
SD... did this come with the SW? or did you have to have it coded? and just to check ... we are talking ftse ? right?

came with platform. has lots of indicators for FTSE/Dow/NYSE/montreal/Nasdaq.

direct access trading. u can write code to customize indicators.

also my platform has excel link, so you excel would update tick by tick (£6.50 month). has built in point and figure charting intraday/longer time frames

the platform is not cheap. has built in live support, u can do a free 30 day demo

the downside is that its aimed at US traders, so live support is thin on the ground before 2pm. and when US has market holiday the intraday charting can be temperamental.

myTrack Edge offers you a better trading experience

Looks like the VOD downgrade and the dow creeping lower is helping the ftse go lower. Also helping my shorts from friday evening go in to profits. Shorts ranging from 6350 to 6361.Closed half of my shorts. Will keep the rest, see what happens later in the day.

I am short from 6350... my view is ftse hasnt finished yet ... but we get a few days of lower lows now..maybe down to 6220... then back up to 6386... will look to consider short again at this time..

I am short from 6350... my view is ftse hasnt finished yet ... but we get a few days of lower lows now..maybe down to 6220... then back up to 6386... will look to consider short again at this time..

EURUSD also very weak, weakest for about 10days.

I still think the ftse can go higher. It probably will test that 6400+ at some point. Any positive news and it shoots up. Fresh money injected into the markets every week. We had that retrace Weds/Thurs last week and then boom new highs on Fri.

I still think the ftse can go higher. It probably will test that 6400+ at some point. Any positive news and it shoots up. Fresh money injected into the markets every week. We had that retrace Weds/Thurs last week and then boom new highs on Fri.

at the start of each year various "experts" give their views on where the FTSE will end 2013 at, I think the FTSE may have hit their year end targets during January !

at the start of each year various "experts" give their views on where the FTSE will end 2013 at, I think the FTSE may have hit their year end targets during January !

That's always been my worry, should I hang on to my shorts or close them, not knowing if we've hit the highs of the year already.

That's always been my worry, should I hang on to my shorts or close them, not knowing if we've hit the highs of the year already.

each year we follow a standard pattern strong into april/may.june sell off into oct/sept then rally from mid nov

on a separate note there is a big head shoulders on dollar index over 5 months.

I hope we do get a big sell off come May/June, as I've always been a bear trader by nature. These last four weeks has been quite costly and an excellent education to me. The only time I went long, was news on the fiscal cliff resolution and the non-farm payroll news. Instead of looking for the market tops and shorting, I should have just went long, a long time ago.

EURUSD also very weak, weakest for about 10days.

Am short euro/ dollar too from early this morning... the play on forex for me this year is euro/aud.... this is setting itself up very nicely in a up trend channel..see chart attached... it has broken the long running downward channel and now turned at the +2 dev of the new one... I have traded this long since it broke its mean... now looking for a good retrace to re enter.

Attachments

• euroaud.png
    euroaud.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 128