Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

What sort of time frames are you fellas trading? Do you expect trades to last months, days, hours, minutes?

Normally a few hours but if your lucky minutes ! Depends on the trade ! Sometime sif you confident on your position you might hold it all week, each trade is different and market conditions change very quickly !

I just trade what I see. As in the Spike in the Dow and FTSE at 2.40pm caused by the Chicago PMI. Just went long and waited for the uptrend to slow to a halt and got out lasted about 12mins then waited a few
minutes and went short and got out quickly.
Funny how the dow shot up before the PMI results were even released.....

I just trade what I see. As in the Spike in the Dow and FTSE at 2.40pm caused by the Chicago PMI. Just went long and waited for the uptrend to slow to a halt and got out lasted about 12mins then waited a few

You can pay to get the chicago pmi 5 mins before the release, it is legal aswell, we used to at our bank but cost cutting means not anymore, alot of the locals at arcades chip in and get it aswell, so always moves before 2.45 !

chicago PMI was very strong has been trending up nicely

........Currently prices are buy ftse 6291.5 and sell dow 13884 so let's pretend we've just done that and see what happens..............

Ok, here's what happened for every quarter of an hour after the fictional trade up to 16:30 and cumulative.

Just before 16:30 sell ftse price 6299 (+7.5 on trade) and buy dow price 13886 (-2)

With the stakes at 2ftse, 1 dow that's +15 on ftse and -2 on dow = net +13

Not bad for an almost random entry made at the time of discussion :)

Attachments

• quater.png
    quater.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 106
  • cumulative.png
    cumulative.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 106
Ok, here's what happened for every quarter of an hour after the fictional trade up to 16:30 and cumulative.

Just before 16:30 sell ftse price 6299 (+7.5 on trade) and buy dow price 13886 (-2)

With the stakes at 2ftse, 1 dow that's +15 on ftse and -2 on dow = net +13

Not bad for an almost random entry made at the time of discussion :)

excellent system.

you'll have also noticed that my mistaken short/long got to -13 during the same time so it wouldn't have mattered which way you went - there was a profit from both.

It is an excellent strategy especially for range markets.

I've played in the past with Dow/SP500 who go very close.
Problem with them is you don't know when to close the trade. No exit strategy :LOL:

Last edited:
you'll have also noticed that my mistaken short/long got to -13 during the same time so it wouldn't have mattered which way you went - there was a profit from both.

it must be like a pendulum just wait for it to swing your way and then take the profit.