Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

ftse opened +10 strong vs dow and seems to have ignored a lot of the after hours dow drop. holding at that for the moment and trading flat vs dow since the open.

trade weak since then and now just net weak overall

ftse relative to dow so far this year based on daily close

Attachments

• Microsoft Excel - ftsedow(2)_2013-01-31_09-58-41.png
    Microsoft Excel - ftsedow(2)_2013-01-31_09-58-41.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 130
Morning All

It seems will be an up day today, following yesterday's evening selloff

Looking to scalp on the long side

Im with your Zorbas buying dips here, problem is month end so lots of window dressing going on !

that looks so easy to trade, is it in practice, I suppose looking at closing prices it must be.

more or less :) Same thing happens intraday, of course. You don't get the big home runs that you can get from straight directional trades, but I do like not having to bother about getting the direction right :LOL:

bugger - all this chatting has made me enter short/long instead of long/short. Quickly underwater but I'll hang on for a bit :mad:

Have done very well on the Dax this last two days. Decided to give it a rest while I do some housework! We retired folk get allocated jobs, you know, and I do not want to generate my wife's ire this late in the week.

Have done very well on the Dax this last two days. Decided to give it a rest while I do some housework! We retired folk get allocated jobs, you know, and I do not want to generate my wife's ire this late in the week.

Congrats Split. I missed it, to be honest I was expecting to move higher yesterday and Dow to pass over 14K. Retrospectively it was a very nice entry for shorts.

Any chance if i send you my ironing you can do that aswell ?:LOL:

Well done on the Dax short was short yesterday which was nice but got long today now not looking so good but ill hang on has come off a long way in last day.

Which is the correct ? Short FTSE/long DOW ?

Correct :LOL::LOL: Well after yesterday's weakness I was looking for some strength in ftse today and after the opening +10 strength was expunged (by 10am it had traded -13 weak) I was looking for long ftse/short dow. Had a small burst of strength after I opened the wrong way, but that's subsided a bit now so there isn't much going on one way or t'other.

Currently prices are buy ftse 6291.5 and sell dow 13884 so let's pretend we've just done that and see what happens.

Any chance if i send you my ironing you can do that aswell ?:LOL:

Well done on the Dax short was short yesterday which was nice but got long today now not looking so good but ill hang on has come off a long way in last day.

No, that's on Saturday morning before I go to the supermarket.

Today is normal stuff--normal to me, at any rate. Anyone who has notions of working from home--be warned!

P.S. I'm only joking, she's an angel if she can put up with me! :(

All my kids say so.

Correct :LOL::LOL: Well after yesterday's weakness I was looking for some strength in ftse today and after the opening +10 strength was expunged (by 10am it had traded -13 weak) I was looking for long ftse/short dow. Had a small burst of strength after I opened the wrong way, but that's subsided a bit now so there isn't much going on one way or t'other.

Currently prices are buy ftse 6291.5 and sell dow 13884 so let's pretend we've just done that and see what happens.

Thanks Jon,

I went long Dow at 13890 about one hour ago and got stopped out , -10 pips :(

I think I'll wait for the US open now.

..........Currently prices are buy ftse 6291.5 and sell dow 13884 so let's pretend we've just done that and see what happens........

gotta go out - keep your eye on it every half hour if you're interested. Will review later.