Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

late mornin' all

10:00am struck but didn't want to be short so waiting for a long since ftse is net weak vs dow today so far.

..............I'm also on the understanding that at some point I will blow another account,...................

Lee

I'm glad you said that because everyone I know who has tried this approach has sooner or later hit the buffers with that one trade (you only need the one) that goes wrong. Usually they've run out of money well before the final "addition" that would (might) have turned the trick.

At worst, that's bankrupted them in terms of "trading" money. At best, it's wiped out years worth of carefully garnered profit.

Cheers

jon

Lee

I'm glad you said that because everyone I know who has tried this approach has sooner or later hit the buffers with that one trade (you only need the one) that goes wrong. Usually they've run out of money well before the final "addition" that would (might) have turned the trick.

At worst, that's bankrupted them in terms of "trading" money. At best, it's wiped out years worth of carefully garnered profit.

Cheers

jon

it may be possible to use options to hedge yourself. cost "free"

it may be possible to use options to hedge yourself. cost "free"

yes, there are several insurance type tactics you can employ. On a lesser scale that was what got me into pair trading - firstly, to hedge my equity stuff which then developed from there into the ftse/dow thing.

yes, there are several insurance type tactics you can employ. On a lesser scale that was what got me into pair trading - firstly, to hedge my equity stuff which then developed from there into the ftse/dow thing.

your dow/ftse is a great low risk method of trading, are u able to get low margin because u are hedged ?

your dow/ftse is a great low risk method of trading, are u able to get low margin because u are hedged ?

not really looked, sd. I'm always miles within account limits. If you were wanting to trade small - say £1 ftse, 50p dow - margin'd be around £135 overall I think.

That's incredible! I just put an order on Dax to buy and close at 7820, in case anything happened while I was away for an hour. Had a chat to my wife, for a minute, and it's gone, 22 points to the good!

That's incredible! I just put an order on Dax to buy and close at 7820, in case anything happened while I was away for an hour. Had a chat to my wife, for a minute, and it's gone, 22 points to the good!

:LOL: you should chat to your wife more often then