Scalping the Dow

Schoe….

Obviously depends on the intraday volatility/range pitch etc…..she (they – have 2 who trade intraday) prefers extreme chop , and the recent range day contractions haven’t helped…been a while since I’ve communicated with her (them), but up to midway thru 2nd Q she was pulling a high + pip return off an avg 25-30 trips per session. I don’t think it’s a matter of ‘how many pips/$rtns’ are achieved, more a case of knowing your instrument inside out….trusting in your strat & obeying YOUR tried & tested rules of engagement. I know for sure, she’d just as easily back away from punting if the scenario doesn’t feel/look right, rather than sit & force…..way too much brain ache for me I’m afraid, and an extremely tight psycho make up req’d…..

schoe said:
So going back to my original post, is there anybody on here who scalps the YM successully or knows someone that does? How many points can a professional scalper make on a consistent basis?
Schoe, it seems there is (was) and they came with unimpeachable references from Chartman. Calling the trades in realtime. And he gets chased away by a non-entity.

This seems to be a common theme on these boards. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a little hot and I'm being a little rude, but Mr Marcus seems exactly the person you were looking to make contact with Schoe. Try sending him a private message. He may be more amenable so serious enquiry rather than suffer random output from the flakier members of these boards.

:| hmmm, you've (unfortunately) hit nail upon head Girlpower...."those that can" have, in the past, offered their input via this & other boards with sole intention of 'sharing' (not selling) skills/strats etc...however, sniping/incessant neg reaction have simply driven them back with shrugged shoulders & wry smiles to their isolated pits to carry on regardless!...as Bigbusiness commented, why waste your time arguing the toss when you can use it constructively to rack up the $$'s with no hassle?! ;)

once again, unfortunately, we tread the boards in a business rife with charlatans, sharp shooters & pocket pickers, and unearthing the wheat from the chaff can ocassionally be a tricky occupation....but the 'good' will disappear as quickly as they came, and tempting them back is one almighty tug :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks Felicity, I have sent mrmarcus a pm and he has been very helpful and polite and I hope to learn from him in the future.

CJ also has made a useful contribution to these boards and has shared his methods and offered advice, he was just being skeptical which is not a bad quality to have in this business as there are many people who try to rip you off and I in the past have fallen victim to this on more than one occasion. However he wasn't in the chatroom so shouldn't have commented on mrmarcus's trading ability.

So I'm playing pacifist here lets just get back to learning how to make money !

Lets get this straight IM saying that you cant scalp 400 to 700 points a day and post you live trades the same time, lets get real, when IM day trading I got no time to post my trades, if I did they wont be in real time. they be off by 10 ticks or so, this is what i mean.

Remember this game is not about looking smart on how many points someone takes out of the market, To make money (real money,) you got to understand SIZE you trade 2 lots all you life but you wont make any real money.

And I will admit I cant take 500 points out of the market a day, also my colleagues in the pit could not even manage this. If I make 40 ticks profit after commission and my losses, thats a good day for me.

CJ

I can understand your disbelief CJ but he did it for three days with people watching the trades. You can't get any stronger evidence than that. If and I say IF he trades live again then why not watch. You will believe it then!

I have been in this game a long time, and I will stick to what I know, I would say he fooling you.all.Next week I will show you how to make 400 points in a day, it can be done easy because I got the delay reaction on my side. by the time i posted it do you i will have made a few points and by my second post i be saying i sold half of my position, I may chuck in a few losers to make it look real.

CJ

Yeah Yeah. So what if I took up his offer and went to his premises to watch him trade.? What if I watched him rake up loads of points/pips.? What if I posted that I had seen him achieve so and so? Would you STILL call him a fake? Would you call me a liar as well? What if two of us went? How far would we have to go to satisfy you?
Why don't you, like I do, accept that there are many ,many traders out there that ar far, far better than I am, or ever will be.

CJ,

I think this is spiraling out of control !

Just because you CAN fake something, doesnt mean it WAS faked.
There are people who can forge bank-notes.
Just because SOME bank-notes are fakes, doesnt make ALL of them fakes.

CJ, you are a very capable trader yourself, and your views and posted trades are well-respected.
From the perspective of the 80% or so loser-traders, because they cant emulate your consistent successes, are they entitled to call you a fake ?

Your exercise would prove nothing.

We need to recognise that there are many ways to "skin" this market.
Different traders have different styles.

Ultimately, only our bank-managers know how good we are !!

Have a good, refreshing nights sleep, and good luck to you all for this weeks trading.

.........outta here........i knew it would come as predicted chartman......cheers chartman and others and good luck and happy scalping ...and not to forget swinging

come on marcie boy get your finger out and keep posting .............this is only your first hurdle! you will get a lot worse than this !

why not make this your goal ....................stuff them

flakier member

ps what's a chat room?

It's like this BB, but just one thread. Everyone who is in the "room" can type/post/comment/joke etc. Informal environment for an exchange of ideas, or not, as it takes your fancy. See the T2W from page. There are two rooms, one for Forex types, the other ( which has been dormant for ages) has been restarted as a "Dow Traders Room". If you trade UK stocks, don't go there.... :cheesy:

ok, i'm not going to ask you to continue to post (didn't see them anyway )but i can relate to isolation. sometimes it's good to get a bit of confirmation? somtimes the general trend?sometimes gut feeling?somtimes just to pit your wits! somtimes a joke?
sometimes it's just go fu#k yourself.

i just fast forward the GUM BUMPERS (yawn)

cant except anyone could possible of had a better a day than me,cause im the best theres ever been and will be"..

wrong!

To Marcus Im no idiot i have traded in the s&p pit for 4 years and i cant remember anyone making that amount of points a day, how the pit traders make they money is by doing size,

Dan Zanger now sells newsletter, charting commentary and home seminar courses. With swing trading techniques. Dan will not offer you this, im willing to place 5 lots and will get you up to 50 lots within 6 to 8 weeks if you can produce the goods as every one says you can, please take the offer up. I got the funds all i need to see is a weeks trading from you trading the Dow, we will be linked up by phone all cost will be paid by myself and if you can only manage 100 points a day, over the week that will be $12500 in your pocket.

CJ

Ok We end this matter,marcus.The offer is open for you, if you wish to take it up in the next week or two

Did not mean to upset anyone

Regards

CJ

If Mr Marcus is making 100+ pips per day why would he want $12500 from CJ?

He should be making that per day if his system is consistent.

One good way to scalp is not to look for BOs or major trends, but to feed off the chop...

For instance using 1 minute charts look to short near a recent high when the momemtum stops.

You can feed off the chop most days on the EURUSD between 19:00 and 21:00 taking 10 to 15 pips easily per trade.

JonnyT

cj12 said:
Dan will not offer you this, im willing to place 5 lots and will get you up to 50 lots within 6 to 8 weeks if you can produce the goods as every one says you can, please take the offer up. I got the funds all i need to see is a weeks trading from you trading the Dow, we will be linked up by phone all cost will be paid by myself and if you can only manage 100 points a day, over the week that will be $12500 in your pocket.
What is it that makes some guys go into 'willie measuring' mode? Goodness sake CJ, most of your posts are negative, rude and when they're on topic and not personally abusive and aggressive, they are most of the time well wide of the mark. I don't exactly do the opposite of what you say, but neither do I take much notice either. You only come out of the woodwork to have a snipe at someone doing better than you, which unless I'm missing some great posts from you, isn't that difficult.

I'm not normally one to get up-front and in-your-face, but there are times when a good old bit of Yorkshire bluntness is called for. Too many good posters on this site have been turned off by the sort of silliness and pointless competitiveness you suggest.

Neither Mr. Marcus, nor anyone else need to prove anything to you or anyone else.

Give it a break, please!

actually having read more of the thread , I am inclined to agree with cj12.

scalping 400+ points on the dow is in my book rather fantastical , and if you were using SB's it would be impossible. I think these are paper trades rather than real ones , for reasons that have been mentioned.

40 points net losses net commisions per day is already very good for a scalper , it's not half as easy as it sounds.
Believe me , I was trained on SIMEX , one of the world's biggest futures exchanges , bigger than LIFFE.

I personally don't like scalping , I prefer position trades , better reward to risk .