Anyone scalping the INDEX Futures??

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahhhh sorry for the confusion guys, i can see now that I somehow missed putting a quote tag around the following.

All my scalps in GBP today were longs ;)

223822d1462280513-just-scalping-cable.jpg

theyre not my trades but you can view the entire post here
(y)

I thought I'd start this thread in the Trading Journals section because it gives me moderation powers.

I was a regular lurker and occasional contributor to another thread with a very similar name. Unfortunately it's gone down the pan recently and regulars know why.

I hope the same people who contribute useful/interesting/witty commentary on the other thread will post here (should they be in the same mind as I, of course).

Needless to say, if you have form on the other thread, you will not be able to post here.

Wonderful!!!

Peter

I know but you a pro scalper

200.gif

not like them retail wonkers on IG

giphy.gif

lol

No problem with fading and scaling-in in itself , the devil is in the details . Problem is when they fade + average down + no stop + leverage + wait for ever = disaster .

Will give my analysis and commentary on the DOW PA today. Won't be calling any trades cos I found it detrimental rather than helpful.

So... this is the third day the price has been stuck in the 850 - 900 area. The last 3 times the price has been sold down toward 850, it hasn't reached it. On Friday, at the open, it breached 900 briefly. My feeling is that it's going up through 900.

Hey cbrads. Did you have a think on how you could implement the ideas in post 61 -62?. Can you trade small enough with your existing acc?

Theres a post i wana show from the other thread that you might find useful. It shows the dangers of thinking, thinking you know something in particular.

Hi DT, yeah I've had a few ideas - I've done quite a lot of work with Keltner Channels. So one idea was to identify the higher T/F trend as you suggest then on a lower T/F (eg. M15) use KCs to identify a potential over sold area to start buying. My account is under 10K so is probably too small as I can only go to 1ppp with IG and 0.5ppp with CMC. I can see there are pitfalls to 'thinking' but only if your ego is attached to it. If you can say 'Ok, bad call, I was wrong' and let it go - Good. It also depends the quality of your thinking: If it's 'I know this is going to happen' - Bad. If it's 'I think there is a high probability that this will happen based on what I can see if front of me' - Good. Will have a read of the link - cheers

Down to 18875 at the open for support and back up to to 900 for the breakout - lets see...

Any bears here again for the double top or are we gonna get past 18925?