andrewmooton - training with insight experiences

andrewmooton

Hi there,

I am one of the trade2win members who was successful in gaining free spreadbetting training with insight in exchange for posting my experiences on t2w.

I recieved yesterday a black leather folder containing the first two modules of the training course, a book on elliott wave by frost and prechter (perhaps this was the free gift), a copy of sharescope, a copy of traders magazine, a pen and note pad, some notes on how to get started and a welcome letter.

I am currently aquainting myself with the first two modules.

Updates to follow.

Thanks Andrew. Keep us posted.

BTW - As I understand it, Insight is a part-work correspondence style course. How many parts does it come in and over what period of time?

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for posting. Glad you got your pack ok. Yes, the book is the free gift. Don't forget to login to the member website, this is an important aspect to your training. The pack you received is just a fraction of what you really get. By using the Student Website and Trade Focus, you will have full support direct from myself as well as all the tools that a new trader could wish for.

Tony,
The course is part correspondence. It comes in 7 to 8 parts. If you complete one set of modules before the 3-4 week module release date, you are welcome to request the other set early. In other words, you get the modules every 3-4 weeks, but if you work faster than that, you can request them sooner.

Cheers guys,

Hi,
I too was offered the opportunity (via T2W) of FOC training with Stu Whisson @ www. insightsupport.com.
It was suggested that we (the four chosen) each have individual threads, however I feel that even tho we may not all work thru the modules @ the same pace, overall, the experience can as easily be imparted via one thread, and the feedback via one thread may eliminate any duplicate questions such as the one above. In this spirit, I have therefore decided to join in Andrew's thread....but if Andrew, Stu or anyone else really wants me to go start my own party pls feel free to let me know. :rolleyes:

I received my training pack y'day afternoon. Content obviously as per Andrew's above. Whilst I appreciate the content is the important part, it would be remiss not to mention that the whole package is presented professionally without being OTT! (imho)

Unfortunately, due to a hard disk failure,installation of new one and the need to get my computer back up to speed ( a s..l..o..w job on dial up) :cry: ....reading the Introductory letter and instructions is as far as I have delved thus far. I shall peruse the whole package over the weekend.

Updates will follow......

Last edited:
I posted my first observations here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=122727&postcount=47 but repeat them below so as to consolidate on this thread.

I have agreed with Stu to take his course and report my experiences on this site. I will do so with a wholly open mind.

My present trading takes a number of forms:-

1. I invest my SIPP, at considerable cost (IB where are you), largely but not exclusively in US stocks. I select the stocks on fudamentals and time entry / exit using simple T/A.

2. I day trade US stocks with IB using various 'high probability' set ups and time entry / exit with Nas L2.

3. I have funds invested outside my SIPP using IB and similar methods of selection and timing to those I use in the SIPP.

I am hoping that Stu's methods will put another arrow in the quiver.

Generally speaking I have little time for 'coaches', particularly those who prey on the inexperienced or vulnerable on sites like this one. I assure you all that I have no connection with Stu and I will report my experiences simply and factually.

I, also, have now received the initial material. It is well presented and clearly written.

The web site at the moment appears to be having a few teething troubles but I'm sure these will soon be resolved.

Will report further in due course.

LII

Hi folks,

Good to see that you're all starting to join in.

The website is a complete 100% new build and is highly complex. As with anything new and complex, there was a few gremlins, but we've sorted them out now.

Cheers

Just a quick update:

I should have added in my first post that the materials are indeed nicely presented.

I enjoyed reading through the first two modules, they were well written and entertaining in parts.

I've just completed the module 1 and 2 questions online and i'm waiting to recieve feedback on how i've done.

The questions werent very difficult in my opinion but i'm not someone who believes something has to be difficult for it to be useful.

I think the first 2 modules that I recieved are a good intro to financial SB and the mentality you are going to need if you want to be successful at it.

Apart from a few typos, I cant think of anything to criticise about them.

I think they are extensive enough and of the right level of detail without being overwhelming.

Im now looking forward to recieving the next modules.

Update:
Having now read thru the 1st 2 modules, completed the online Q+A on them, and perused the website in a bit more detail, my comments (as a relative newbie) are as follows:

The modules are written in an easy to read and easy to understand manner. Perhaps a little too wordy and with too much comment (good and bad) on other trainers. A one off section on that info full stop would suffice, instead of the intermittent comparisons/warnings throughout.

These initial basic modules did not teach me anything that I didn't already know, however 6 months ago they would have been a godsend. I am more of a fundamentalist and have minimal TA knowledge, so really looking fwd to getting into that part later in course.

I expected the modules to contain all the info required to answer the 11 online questions, but they didn't. However since most of them were pretty basic, that wasn't a big problem.

The course modules themselves seem to be a small part of the overall package. The website is pretty comprehensive and has a wealth of information and resources (haven't been thru everything yet), from downloads of e-books to full video tutorials on everything from Fibs, RSI, Candlesticks, to Elliot Waves... also news, portfolio capabilities, charting services, forums.....the list goes on.

Overall pretty impressive thus far.

is this experiment going to last a meaningful time or is it going to be on a few trades basis ?

Hi Wisestguy,

Not sure what you mean by 'experiment'... but if you're referring to how long the above students remain students - indefinitely. They are under going a modulated course which I personally oversee, plus have access to me with regard to any aspect of their training. Finally, they have the Trade Focus website, that includes everything a new trader could possibly want - charting software, data feed, training videos, scanning algorithms, support... support... support....

They all agreed that they would post their thoughts on the course as they undergo their training. Later in the course we work together on their analysis of real charts to which I provide videos of my comparing their analysis and mine and seeing where improvements can be made. Again, support is key throughout the course, at any time a student can easily contact me to clarify anything they are having trouble with, whether that is course ware or aspects of their own analysis.

I have added a 'Blog' on the website that anyone can comment on (sensible comments only please) - have a look visit www.insightsupport.com and join in the discussions. I've posted a few comments to get the ball rolling. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers

Quick Update:
Received the feedback/review of my submitted "test" answers to the Q+A's that I had completed online for modules 1+2. These were received within 24 hours of submission. My only negative comment here (and I may be wrong) is that u seem to get a "standard" correct auto answer to the "test" questions and not a personal one related to the actual answer u submitted.

Yesterday I received the next 2 modules, which I shall peruse over the weekend.

Would also say that any em@ils to Insightsupport have been answered very swiftly, so the "support" bit deffo works! :)

Well said Zenda

These boards are full enough without including free advertising like this. Lets keep it to what it is supposed to be, a traders forum.

Speaking personally, its not my intention to advertise, only to give my opinion of my experiences as a novice trader.

Andrew, I don't think anyone is negative about the purpose of this thread, the trial students or indeed Stu or his system. It's just that as a commercial system (insight) it would more properly be under the commercial forum.

As should the current 4xtrend thingy...