• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

(Re-)Starting on Tuesday, June 1st:
https://www.buoytrade.com/

Main conditions and restrictions have significant parallels to FTMO, but it looks more trader friendly as the periods are longer. And they accept holding positions over the weekend.
They have a fourth stage which is reached after the trader made 20% profit on the funded account. The main advantage of that stage is that there is no daily loss limit any more.

Last edited:
@LongVision
Speaking about swaps what do you think about this?
With my CVL I paid 120€ in swaps for 6 months, it is 3% of the account equity.
Many forex brokers provide a similar kind of Islamic account for a religious reason(Not for all people) but these are not ECN accounts mostly brokers charge an additional 01pip for trading commission so there is no reduction of transaction cost.

You can find reviews and experiences from Darwinex users here in this discussion.
@Forexintradiadarwin I recommend to trade the free trial first for your training.
I'm in this exercise mode since months as I mostly violate the rules, mainly the loss limits.
With the brand new swing mode you can trade as usual (besides the loss limits), but also there it is hard to survive the 10 days and passing all of theri objectives.

Last edited:
@Forexintradiadarwin I recommend to trade the free trial first for your training.
I'm in this exercise mode since months as I mostly violate the rules, mainly the loss limits.
With the brand new swing mode you can trade as usual (besides the loss limits), but also there it is hard to survive the 10 days and passing all of theri objectives.
Thank you! I will read the rules before anything.

Thank you! I will read the rules before anything.
There is an undocumented, but logical aspect with the daily loss limit (which is reset at 0:00 o'clock daily) when you hold positions overnight:
As your profit is added to the loss limits and you had 4k daily profit on a 100k USD account and a DD of 6k on open positions, you can't hold this positions overnight without violating the rules. When the daily loss limit is reset to 5k at midnight, I'm sure that the 6k DD of the open positions will trigger a rule violation immediately and the account is gone.
To know all these critical situations it is recommended (by me, not by FTMO ;)) to run one or more free trials first.

Last edited:
Darwinex really needs to improve some of its parts so that people are satisfied and they have to work a little more on management.

Some users here are trying FTMO and MFF .
Nobody is trying the5ers so I think their conditions are not the most convenient.
Business model is the same for all these contest-props.

what do you think of the5ers?
Limits and leverage are very low and they don't offer a trial so that you can get accustomed to the rules.
You pay your losses with your fee and you're forced to enter always an SL.
Don't know how many seconds you have to enter the SL before violating that rule.
The funds you get for the fee when you passed is not even half what you get from the others like FTMO or MFF when you're a funded trader there.

After some discussion, what are the top alternatives to Darwinex's copy trading investing part?
For traders:
FTMO
MyForexFunds
FundedNext
and maybe others I don't watch.

Conditions are different, some look too nice to be true, I don't know somebody with successful experience with FundedNext on reliable media (including youtube from guys who work with more than one prop firm).

FTMO is the only one who has a demo and I recommend to run a demo first to learn how to trade within the rules.
It's tough.
As I see a high risk to violate the rules because of broker pricing in extreme market situations my favorite prop firm is still FTMO.

For investors:
I tried a demo with etoro and several demos with Zulutrade about a year ago and I was not successful.
I would never put a cent on a supplier in the social investor area without a reliable demo.

etoro has a hard stop loss at 50% which cannot be changed and most of the traders selected always triggered it anytime. Levarage and prices are not transparent at etoro.

Zulutrade deletes the demos against their own rules without notification after latest 4 weeks so I could not test it for months.
The advantages there are dedicated settings for each trader.
The disadvantage are that the traders don't have an edge and fail sooner or later.
IMO the average trader's quality at Darwinex is higher.

Last edited: