Alternatives to Darwinex

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

TrungLN

219 317

itstradingtime

70 189
,@itstradingtime and their sharing experience of passed traders.
Not sure it's going to happen this round. Wednesday will be my last day for the challenge, it will be pure gambling.
I know I can restart the month for free, but we had a good time following the challenge from A-Z, we lose as heroes or we win as... gamblers :ROFLMAO:

itstradingtime

70 189
I think that in your case the problem is not winning the gambling/challange phase but adapting you system to avoid news and weekends.
That would be in case I pass the challenge. During the challenge, trading news/weekends is allowed.
The main problem for this trading month has been the same system I share on Darwinex.
The other 2 discretionary strategies went great, reaching +8% during the first 3 weeks. The system behind IRY, as you can see from the Darwin, didn't go well for the month of January, closing at -2% in the FTMO challenge.
Last week is then pure gambling as I have to try to achieve the rest of the profit, keeping an eye on the 5% max daily loss.
So far, my gambling hasn't done very well (6 losses out of 6 trades).
Wednesday is going to be all in day, otherwise we just restart the challenge, hoping to have a good month for IRY :)

CavaliereVerde

Established member
934 1,352
Hi,
Pick Darwin ? Or should I pick something other?
Hi.
It depends on what you have and what you want to acheive.
To be money manager with darwins you need a trackrecord.
With TFs you don't need one.

If you want to invest traders TFs are completely useless.
The most serious way to invest traders is Darwin.

Last edited:

CavaliereVerde

Established member
934 1,352
I would like this discuss a bit more about PAMMs
AlpariPAMM is what I would consider if there were no Darwinex.
  1. running for 20 years
  2. long trackrecords
  3. thousands of trackrecords
  4. PAMM portfolios
I would like to have a complete review from @Naragot and @Gargamel .

Gargamel

209 415
I don' t know if Alpari Pamm merits complete review because it is off shore and offers no guarantees to investors. Darwinex offers FCA oversight,85k GBP public guarantee and up to 1mil. private insurance.

IlIlIlIlI

127 128
I just finished the main challenge of the test version of the FTMO challenge (free trial) within (less than) 2 days:

day 1:
1612538258121.png

day2:
1612538320477.png

1612538424680.png

First page of the trading journal, sorted by increasing profit:
1612542573090.png

Trading 3 other days with 1 microlot for 6 seconds should not be a problem to generate 5 trading days. ;)
Of course I'm thinking about spending some real money to start the real challenge.

But I have some questions, and maybe someone here can help:
1) Is there any other difference between an aggressive and a normal account than loss tolerance?
2) The maximum number of accounts to manage is 3? So the maximum amount in EUR funded by FTMO would be 240,000 EUR under Management?
3) Are there any other restrictions during the evaluation process than daily and overall loss limits and to avoid (active) trading during several minutes around major news releases?

Last edited:

TrungLN

219 317
But I have some questions, and maybe someone here can help:
1) Is there any other difference than loss tolerance between an aggressive and a normal account?
2) The maximum number of accounts to manage is 3? So the maximum amount in EUR funded by FTMO would be 240,000 EUR under Management?
3) Are there any other restrictions during the evaluation process than daily and overall loss limits and to avoid (active) trading during several minutes around major news releases?
There is lots of discussion in previous post.
Or just simply, please go ahread FTMO FAQ, you should get all what you need! (https://ftmo.com/en/faq/)

Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock