• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

But Darwinex takes a lot of time to pay, and if your results flicker, then all your efforts are worth nothing because the judgement of investors is harsh, then you start all over and lose a lot of time and time is money, especially when it’s measured in years

the funding sites are very close in their functioning to the physical prop shop companies (with or without training / coaching on the side) in London or Chicago, with whom you also pay a ticket entry. Usually you pay for a trading desk (computer and environnement with collegues) and access to a technical setup with optimised brokerage conditions on tech and fees. The price tag then is higher than the funding sites, and continous month to month. All in all, I’m not shocked about these sites at all

I think it’s nice to have an alternative where you understand clearly the concept which is kept simple instead of complicated (obscure IAs, D-Score and DarwinIA) and where you can count on your own results instead of external factors, that is to say the judgement of others or biased algos which can sometimes appear and stay illogical
I mean with FTMO, you could have swings of -9% repeatedly like a rollercoaster and nobody would care. You could still earn money at the next peak without waiting for investors who backed off in between to come back. And all of this could happen in one day or a few. You then work for yourself, not for other people who are a hassle. With Darwinex, you’ll get killed if the EC is not a straight line, which is a joke, then nobody will consider you again to invest.

So maybe Darwinex is closer to HF, then these sites are closer to prop shops, both addressed towards the “stay at home” mainstream. Different flavours, but all good

Last edited by a moderator:
the funding sites are very close in their functioning to the physical prop shop companies in London or Chicago, with whom you also pay a ticket entry. Usually you pay for a trading desk (computer and environnement with collegues) and access to a technical setup with optimised brokerage conditions on fees. The price tag then is higher than the funding sites, and continous month to month Anyway, I’m not shocked about these sites at all
It is the perfect scam for people that evaluates the professionalism from the number of monitors used by the trader.
I prefer to evaluate prfessionalism from number of years of trackrecord.
You pay to trade in a "real" trading room and feel like a pro...
I never found a trackreckord generated by those teams of wannabe pros...

With Darwinex, you’ll get killed if the EC is not a straight line, which is a joke, then nobody will consider you again to invest.
Yes, our friend @ASGTrade is a very typical case. 20% DD in the past makes AZG look so ugly under eyes of investors. Althought it's now recovered with over 50% profit in 3 years.

There is a difference between plans/hopes and results.
With funded trader stuff the only certain thing is the price of the ticket.
About Darwinex WE HERE are the living proof they pay, at least 5 of us earned from 500 to 20k without paying nothing.
DARWIN is an evolution of PAMM that is inspired by Hedge Funds, that is how professional traders and professional investors make business and money.
To be competitive in Darwinia you need to trade with 3k, if you have 800 to pay for a contest you shoud have 3k to trade.

that’s not so bad to have to pay. I always regretted that Darwinex gives a chance to everyone for free. There is no pressure for result at all. At Darwinex, an unemployed person can trade 100 Darwins in a row while being moneyless and not caring. just taking chances and making his own education through failure. Something he will think twice about at the funding sites. They will encourage him to reflect seriously a lot more before losing too much money.
And yet Darwinex is the solution who aims to talk to investors... That’s counter logical. At least these sites don’t create losses to investors ! Less reckless, less harm, only harm to traders who chose to give it a try

Actually, I don't think so.
It depends.
They open a business. They have their way to manage risk.
They allow us to trade a live account immediately without any tracking record evidence.
> 4% of 20k is 800 , so you are paying 850 to be able to risk 800 what is the point?
Therefore, I think this one is easy to understand (At least, they can get the handle of a knife)
And as a good traders, 4% max DD to get 6-7% profit in 6 months. It's not a big deal. (In other word, very affordable target comparing to 10% in 1 month of FTMO).
In worst case, we only lost 850$. But with good skill, we can PASS and get 80k $ capital and double size for each +10% profit.
No profit target, no time limitation, no pressure at all. We can trade our way, manage our own risk to maximize the size to 1.28M $.

Of course, I also checked out a lot of review and proof in Youtube. The5ers is recommended most.

@itstradingtime : Do you agree with above traders/youtuber?
I didn't know about The5ers until you mentioned it. Thanks for sharing.
The main drawback of these programs is that usually you have a Max drawdown even when you get funded, normally 10% of the account. You have $50K there that looks good, but you can actually lose only $5,000 before it is game over for you, which is not very different from trading $5K on your own and being able to lose 100% of it.
Especially for programs with recurring monthly fee instead of a one time payment, the fee can rapidly build up and reach a point in which for you it would have been more convenient saving that fee and put it in your own trading account. Not to mention that, when you get funded, if your trading is profitable, you usually have to share part of the profits.
If you have what it takes and maybe a bit of luck, these programs can be EV+ and you can earn money from them, despite failing them a few times. If you don't have a clear plan or a good strategy to face the challenge, your expected value may easily turn negative and only luck can save you.
I haven't followed all the messages, sorry if someone already mentioned it, but an idea would be to open two challenges at the same time with two top trading firms like The5ers and FTMO, open a few small trades at the beginning just to throw them off and pass some conditions like minimum trades, and then one bigger trade for the rest of the challenge, opposite directions, short on FTMO and long on The5ers. You would lose both of them only if the trade stays in a range for the entire month or if a big spike hits the daily loss and then goes immediately back. Seems to me that the probability of winning one of the two challenges should be quite high.

It is the perfect scam for people that evaluates the professionalism from the number of monitors used by the trader.
I prefer to evaluate prfessionalism from number of years of trackrecord.
You pay to trade in a "real" trading room and feel like a pro...
I never found a trackreckord generated by those teams of wannabe pros...

ok, but at the end of the day, personally, I don’t wake up every morning thinking my dream is to be assessed by viewers monitoring me. I prefer to consider ways to make money. I would be very pleased to be deemed unprofessional and earn more money at FTMO than be valued by my peers and almost win peanuts at Darwinex. Because after these years, Darwinex has not skyrocketed towards the promises. You don’t really envy the top earners of Darwinex. Their concrete success is a bit boring to say the least

@itstradingtime
I think FTMO is perfect to generate some action and a story to tell for your students and your youtube channel.
It can be a kind of aggressive jornalism. ;)
Yeah, I can tell.
Since I started the challenge, my YouTube channel has gone from 4586 subscribers to 4588 and my average monthly revenue from $6.41 to $6.42!
I have a good feeling that this is the year in which I will become a millionaire from being a marketing genius 🙌 🤩

@itstradingtime
Hedging two contests could be a good move.
If I would be able to partecipate for free I would desing a high risk martingle to produce a green month on FTMO and a low risk one to generate 7% in 6 months for the5ers, something like 20 sessions, once per week.

Last edited:
Is it better / more ethical to steal money in the pocket of other participants of the market or of one company’s own funds or to the pocket of investors lacking to be prudent and vigilant, counting on their credulity ?
Where is the scam the most ? Once again, the validity of each business model certainly can be argued. The scam is everywhere in the financial world. Some just need to pay the bills lol

FTs ara a scam for traders while signals with monthly subcription ( a la mql5 ) are a scam for investors.
Social trading (darwin pamm etoro) is a good compromise for both parts.

Social trading has been too democratised to not be called a scam. When a bicycle rider tries to sell me a car, I consider it a scam. Not everybody should have access to manage other’s people money, but that’s only my opinion

No stoploss is mandatorily applied on Darwins... the extent of the potential loss is unknown in advance. It’s a free wheel Lehman’ish environnement, except for the breaker applied by the money manager, which is a nice feature but not enough on it’s own. Not even a breaker, just a retarder

Since I started the challenge, my YouTube channel has gone from 4586 subscribers to 4588 and my average monthly revenue from $6.41 to $6.42!
Actually, there are lots of content on Youtube with very agressive title such as "How I passed FTMO 100k$ in 2 day", "How I get 300k$ from FTMO challenge".
I think at first only your student and me follow you at all.
If you can make journey become more exciting, It will attract more, especially who has not passed FTMO yet. ^^

Actually, there are lots of content on Youtube with very agressive title such as "How I passed FTMO 100k$ in 2 day", "How I get 300k$ from FTMO challenge".
I think at first only your student and me follow you at all.
If you can make journey become more exciting, It will attract more, especially who has not passed FTMO yet. ^^
Eheh trading takes too much of my time to become an expert YouTuber and get more followers and views.
I'm already happy with a few students and you following, so thanks for that :)

Reactions: TLN
I always regretted that Darwinex gives a chance to everyone for free. There is no pressure for result at all. At Darwinex, an unemployed person can trade 100 Darwins in a row while being moneyless and not caring. just taking chances and making his own education through failure
Sorry but I disagree.
There is nothing free at all. To trade al Darwinex, as all traders, we have to make deposit, spread, commission, even they are very small if trading with 0.01 lot size.

Anw, Darwinex is basically a brokers. It can conduct DarwinIA, social trading but it's really truely a broker. And income of any brokers are traders' deposit, spread, commission and swap. Pay for all them, and then we can trade.
Darwinian or DarwinIA are just one of their marketing tool to make them outstanding among lots of brokers in the world and attract traders and investors.

Last edited:
Yes but you would pay the same with Tickmill or IC-Markets and to trade you need a broker.
They give you the Darwin and Darwinia without additional costs.
The same on Alpari for example, you can turn an account into a master account for free.

Many investors lose money? Ok it happens also with the stock market but nobody calls it a scam.
Finding good traders is as difficult as being good traders.

There is also the honesty and the FCA regulation, but Darwin is their selling point.
Darwins makes the difference and it is a pretty big difference, for me the difference has been worth 21k ... ;)
Darwin technology required a huge amount of work and investment, years of refinement.
FTs do not require any special technology, pure commercial.
TopStepTrader is the original one and is older than Darwinex.

Last edited:
Far West

4E27062D-A1DE-4609-8D0D-2269B9CF8D36.jpeg

0575B66F-B1F5-4D9C-B95A-A9A65F1DAC10.jpeg

The5ers did not care to reply

edited

the support of FTMO is good though