• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

Anw, FTMO is worth to have a try if I consider my skill is enough🙃. Lots of traders in youtube can Pass and get back their entry fee, also some significant profit.

Trade5ers, pay $875, pass level 1 win $700, pass level 2 win $4000
in other words pass passing 2 levels out of 5 once permits to take the challenge 5 times

FTMO, pass 3 rounds at 1:1 perf/risk, win 5400€ = 10 times the entry fee. in other words, you can fail 9 times and the 10th time still be break even

imho, fine games, worthy to try

• Haha
Reactions: TLN
Please also take into account the result at Darwinex is standardized as Var 6.5%. Or simply word, similar max DD of Darwinex is 6.5%. While the5ers is 4%.
The above result might be a little bit unfair with the5ers. But, as a reference, it's good.

Their name is 5%. So, 95% failed can be understandable. ^^

to make more comparisons, let’s do some maths

FTMO, 3x 80k challenge run concurrently, funded for 240k with -10% tolerance with 70% payout
Darwinex, 15% perf fees with VaR, would require no less than $1,725,000 AuM to stand the comparison

now let’s view it from another angle, versus DarwinIA
to make it match, it would roughly need to win the 2nd place of DarwinIA, allowing 300k AuM

but to get max capital for the 2nd DarwinIA ranking nowadays requires 8571 € of deposits, then is more than 5 times the fees to pass 5 x 3 80k FTMO challenges...
at the end of the day, the DarwinIA prize is allocated for 6 months only while the time duration is unlimited with FTMO. It just has the advantage that if you fail you’ll lose only part of your capital, not all. But if you’re a failure, well, it doesn’t change the fact you’re a failure overall. Should you think about your odds as a loser or the incentive in case of success ?

I guess these competitors should even invite Darwinex to be more generous by revising some parameters

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this competition should even invite Darwinex to be more generous by revising some parameters
Yeah, I'm ( and I think most of Darwinex traders) still very angry because of deduction perf fee from 20% to 15% without any discussion/informing.

10% in one month is luck, cant you make 600 pips in 6 months with The5ers?

why luck ? say you use 1:10 leverage, you need to capture a 1% move which could be done in a single daytrade where you cut your losses tightly many times. So you’ve got one month to catch this common occurence (which happens everyday on average, on most instruments), then afterwards get 2 months to achieve the same goal and you’re done. from there you can approach it prudently, cooling down further, without time restriction

In reality, you’ve got all the margin room in between this exemple to twist your tactic deployed strategically

this is trading. I don’t see it as any different than what I do on a daily basis at any broker. it’s hard to complain.
It’s a good framework of a challenge actually, more demanding than the average. it invites you to beat coin flip ability when Darwinex would let you fail it repeatedly and pursue with a shitty track record, which serves no purpose (and won’t get investors so should be closed as well !)
I believe you won’t find a lot of robots at these sites who show most of the time very inconsistent results, thus are not a good fit for these programs. This is really another stance than what is happening at Darwinex

Hum I believe it could be more convenient economically in some circumstances that vary

When you make researches on LinkedIn, it looks like you find quite a bunch of these funded traders and some are maintaining for some time

Other online testinomials (there is no transparency but I doubt they’re all fake) indicate that some make more money than the money made at Darwinex.

It stays a minority, but I don’t think it’s that black or white honestly

Lifetime perf fees paid by Darwinex

EA63FF90-620C-470E-B025-74D76615033D.jpeg

Payments of TopStepTrader for the year 2020 only, or so they claim

D892054C-18EC-4033-BAC1-3AC1FAF0EC76.jpeg

It doesn’t appear like these companies have the need to be regulated ? But I will make sure

• Wow
Also, I’m pretty sure there exist more such companies than the one listed on the video posted by TrungNL
Can we list them all ?

In the short term, for sure. Maybe not in the long run
but it’s easier to maintain the short term with survival, so it appears unwise to ostracise these programs. They mitigate appeal where Darwinex apparently fails, that is to reward the ones with “on fire” debuts. I now revise my judgement that it can be a complementary way with continuation in mind, more than in opposition

DarwinIA has a lottery component, about the ranking classification on obscure derivated parameters and because it’s a competition versus other strategies, whereas with these programs, it’s a competition against yourself. The rules are therefore clearer in order to get a prize and keep it, less random when you start over

• Haha
There is a difference between plans/hopes and results.
With funded trader stuff the only certain thing is the price of the ticket.
About Darwinex WE HERE are the living proof they pay, at least 5 of us earned from 500 to 20k without paying nothing.
DARWIN is an evolution of PAMM that is inspired by Hedge Funds, that is how professional traders and professional investors make business and money.
To be competitive in Darwinia you need to trade with 3k, if you have 800 to pay for a contest you shoud have 3k to trade.

I think it's reason why @itstradingtime took FTMO challenge as a target in 2021.

Good luck to you!!!
I actually picked FTMO because it looked more convenient than others and also because a few students failed the challenge and asked me if I could talk a bit about it, so I decided to put my own money in it.
As I mentioned in my live session, with 10% max drawdown and 10% profit to achieve in one month, I think that the main point is to understand that this is not about being a successful trader in the long period,
I immediately excluded from the challenge some of my strategies that have a high risk to reward ratio as target, since they suffer higher variance, which is a big NO for a deadline of just 30 days.
I also advocated semi-martingale money management systems (or even pure martingales if not familiar with other types of semi-martingales), which are usually detrimental in the long period, but give a real shot for the challenge in just one month of trading.
I will publish a YouTube video explaining in detail what I did to pass the challenge or what went wrong if I fail it.

And about total performane fee that Darwinex claimed to give to traders. If I do not join this forum and know all you, it's hard to check the truth of that information. All infor public in Darwinex website is transparent ( i know), but all is written and calculated by Darwinex only.

@TrungLN
4 years ago we were 3 italian darwin providers and we were investing each other so we verified that investments and performance fees were real.
I am angry wirth them for the recent policies but but I am 100% sure of their honesty and accuracy.