All things FTSE

Downloaded Yahoo data

Thank you for your advice: downloading Yahoo data is exactly what I did, using a link you provided in one of your previous post.

Ftse100 Orrible Chart

Wanted to trade ftse100 but when I saw the chart at 9am didnt bother and I was right!
:cheesy:

Attachments

• FTSE22MAY07G.gif
    FTSE22MAY07G.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 151
Still here

I have just been reading them.

Its a shame when threads go a bit quite as most are quite good and gives an insight and some ideas to people who read them and may not reply at all.

Hope people continue. Im still trying to make money trading the FTSE.

Keep it up.......but not that way.......the THREAD

Ftse thread no more then ? Or any ftse traders still out there ?

hi, ive picked up a few ££ scalping this am, currently waiting to see if we get a drop from here - quite a few sell orders blocking the way north past todays high.

hi, ive picked up a few ££ scalping this am, currently waiting to see if we get a drop from here - quite a few sell orders blocking the way north past todays high.

Good stuff Ian :D What tf you using ?

Well its fallen further than I was expecting..............any one get on the down move ?

Well its fallen further than I was expecting..............any one get on the down move ?

Managed to take some on the down move from 78 and covered @ 56 ... a bit early as it turned out. Anybody for a bounce?

My day started off well, with a 21 point win

Went short at 6678 and closed at 6657

But made the big mistake of trying to get in on the rebound to early and increasing my stop loss, so ended about evens,
Hopefully I will learn from this and stick with a tight S/L

Lets see how tomorrow goes

Anybody trading FTSE today ?

Where is everybody - I need all the help i can get !
At the moment the ftse's bounced off a day low (89 on my Cap Spreads rolling daily chart) up to 6601 - whoops just dropping back down to the lows now - anyone got any thoughts ? are we going lower or are we going move back up ?

don't trade the ftse myself because i find it rather 'dull', compared to the dow. i am bearish on the dow - ftse might do its own thing:|

Timelewis, I don't normally trade the FTSE, however today has and will provide excellent trading opportunities on most indices.

fwiw, I see ftse having crashed down through R1 & R2 and currently hovering between R2 & R3, tI have just applied my settings I use to trade the DOW & DAW and I am starting to get some support at these levels.

Whilst I will not trade against the trend, I will be looking given the right conditions to eneter a long trade on this index after the implusive move has finished and the correction has begun, I will not try to pre-emp the bottom and will jump on board on the recovery move if it happens.