All things FTSE

What do you reckon guys,

Are we at the start of a major down turn or do you think things will soon rebound:?:

What do you reckon guys,

Are we at the start of a major down turn or do you think things will soon rebound:?:

I'm watching the Dow and Dax pretty closely for some hints on this. However, I wouldn't think that this is the start of everything just yet. I'm waiting for the Dow to close below 450 before I even think of being bearish.

WEll this thread has certainly gone belly up.................

Anyway, currently flat after making +10 on the ma cross this morning

Its a shame it goes belly up, I always read these but do not contribute to them much.

I am trying to trade the FTSE100 indice but not going to plan and struggle to pull the trigger when needed......like this morning.

Hope it continues on here with people putting there trades and veiws on here.

Hope it keeps up.

Its a shame it goes belly up, I always read these but do not contribute to them much.

I am trying to trade the FTSE100 indice but not going to plan and struggle to pull the trigger when needed......like this morning.

Hope it continues on here with people putting there trades and veiws on here.

Hope it keeps up.

Trigger problems ashwoka ?

Are you trading too large a size ? Are you using stops ? As old oscar says - stops are in - emotions are out !

Not Trigger happy....

1 Year been trading, £1 per point. Always use a stop.
Using a Trailing stop now. Just trading FTSE100 although I did move onto the DAX a week or 2 ago when my platform at 1000 (GFTUK) still had the FTSE at a 6 Pt spread but the DOW at 2, but at least made a little then.

I use CCI, RSI, MACD, EMA Pivot points, BB, Double and Triple crossovers, 1,5,Hourly & Daily charts.
Quite happy with indicators I use, Just do not act on them......!!!

Simple really but if I can just get over pulling the trigger, I would be a bit better.

0 Pts for today at the moment, better than Minus most other days. Still thouroughly enjoying it though.

1 Year been trading, £1 per point. Always use a stop.
Using a Trailing stop now. Just trading FTSE100 although I did move onto the DAX a week or 2 ago when my platform at 1000 (GFTUK) still had the FTSE at a 6 Pt spread but the DOW at 2, but at least made a little then.

I use CCI, RSI, MACD, EMA Pivot points, BB, Double and Triple crossovers, 1,5,Hourly & Daily charts.
Quite happy with indicators I use, Just do not act on them......!!!

Simple really but if I can just get over pulling the trigger, I would be a bit better.

0 Pts for today at the moment, better than Minus most other days. Still thouroughly enjoying it though.

Are all these indicators not contributing to the trigger pulling problem ? :eek:

Value in Ftse perhaps .....?

Closing on the lows around 6650 and only 6663 to buy now with firm Dx and US (so far) maybe just maybe .... this scavenging approach works better on dx ... but might work on ftse ..who knows ?

If Dx/US turn down there are better trades but for the mo ....

ftse100 to go up tommorow? being wednesday (selling day of the week usually and its only mid june) ?

You might be right come the official close but between times ftse rose unconvincingly by around 30pts from the price posted. So kind of did it's job.
As mentioned at the time the dax is usually better for these scavenging type plays :cheesy:

First point - really the ftse finished a tiny bit down so you were right :cheesy:

Second point - I think the opportunity to ride any rally in ftse was last night as strength in dow predictably dragged the ftse up... despite it's underlying weakness.

Thirdly, well done for keeping the loss small on ftse bet...

Finally, I and many others know what it's like to get washed away by the dax... so I completely understand you viewpoint :eek: :cheesy:

Very choppy day out there today
Took a long at 6615 and struck the panic button at 6625 on decline.
Looking to go long again at around 6606 if I get the right confirmation