All things FTSE

Not enjoying this................

I hear ya,

Long short which way to go?

I still favour the downside but I just don't know,,, I seem to have the power to move the markets in the opposite direction to my trades today :eek:

* Persistance paid off: Got in a risky SHORT @ 6556.8 SL now at +12

Last edited:
I hear ya,

Long short which way to go?

I still favour the downside but I just don't know,,, I seem to have the power to move the markets in the opposite direction to my trades today :eek:

* Persistance paid off: Got in a risky SHORT @ 6556.8 SL now at +12

Stopped out for +12 :|

When did you go short Jay ? Good stuff............

I got stopped out on my long for -12................

Went SHORT at 14:55 on the 5 minute chart, was a risky one as the RSI was slightly above the 50 line. Guess it worked out ok :cool:

It did - I completely missed that move :eek:

Well nevermind there will be plenty more :cheesy:

Also managed to get a quick LONG around 16:00 for +7.5 Was not my usual trade as I would have reveresed shortly afterwards (would have been a -12 loss) but I was away from my desk and came back to a postive balance, so I took it ;)

So that's me for the day, see you all tomorrow

Jay

Spread

Can someone tell me why it is that this morning when the market opens the spread goes down from 6 to 2. Why is it still 6 at 0815. GFTUK. Does anyone else have this?
Good thread this one.
Cheers

Can someone tell me why it is that this morning when the market opens the spread goes down from 6 to 2. Why is it still 6 at 0815. GFTUK. Does anyone else have this?
Good thread this one.
Cheers

Hi Ashwoka,

Sounds like GFTUK doesn't want you capitalising on the opening move which sometimes is quite big. Or you can but you pay for it :( (spread)

Finspreads seems to be pretty good, I am watching the opening bell most mornings and they always change at 8 on the nose. I try to catch the opening move most of the time.

Thanks

Jay

I agree with you Jay regarding the opening move. Not that I do much about it myself, just sit there and watch it go up or down thinking I'm to late for this one.
Still 6 Points at 0826

Karl

I agree with you Jay regarding the opening move. Not that I do much about it myself, just sit there and watch it go up or down thinking I'm to late for this one.
Still 6 Points at 0826

Karl

Trade exited at +12

Well Finspreads had charting problems yesterday, they were not updating. They only came back online around 15:00 and then they were kinda useless as the indicators were missing data so were not correct :(

Karl: How is that spread looking now?

Last edited:
2 and a half hours later still 6 point spread on GFTUK.
Trading with IG Now today.

Karl

Wow, that is bad :eek:

I am LONG @ 6553.0 and it's taking a little strain at the moment.

I have an account with IG but their min is £2 / point and that's a too much for my bankroll at the moment. At least Fins as a 50p min, so right now that suits me.

** Stopped out for a loss -12 :-(

Last edited:
Wow, that is bad :eek:

I am SHORT @ 6553.0 and it's taking a little strain at the moment.

I have an account with IG but their min is £2 / point and that's a too much for my bankroll at the moment. At least Fins as a 50p min, so right now that suits me.

** Stopped out for a loss -12 :-(

Dont think much of your name............... :cheesy:

Were you short on the cash ?

Dont think much of your name............... :cheesy:

Were you short on the cash ?

Nice, never seen another Taz on all the forums that I visit :cool:

I was SHORT yes, got stopped out, did manage to get it back only to be hammered with the USD data that came out.

So now I am just licking my wounds...

Nice, never seen another Taz on all the forums that I visit :cool:

I was SHORT yes, got stopped out, did manage to get it back only to be hammered with the USD data that came out.

So now I am just licking my wounds...

When did you get stopped out ? The highest I have via cmc is 59 ?

When did you get stopped out ? The highest I have via cmc is 59 ?

:eek: I'm such a muppet, I was LONG not SHORT !!! I got the move down that's why I recovered my loss of -12 ... Man it has been one of those days...

I will edit my previous posts so there is no more confusion :(

So who was on the move up then ?

Me :cheesy:

But it is little too late, damage has been done for the day :(

To make matters worse, Finspread went down for like 25 minutes, so I couldn't amend to trail stop, so just closed it over the phone.