A New Low?

Is this a threat ?

Not at all, it is an opinion, and an opinion that I believe in time will be shown to be correct. At this point, we dont even know if the ban was sanctioned by the sites owners.

I am aware that critisism is increasingly being directed towards forums and financial websites, particularly in cases where critical posts are systematically removed in favour of vendors.

As an employee of a financial website you will of course be aware of a number of high profile cases where site owners have found themselves involved in legal action, and in some case recieved prison sentences for the role they played in financial frauds.

I'm not implying that t2w are involved in fraud, I am simply pointing out that regulatory authoraties have taken action against forums, the members of such forums are aware that not all forums are as impartial as they claim to be, and that members are increasingly becoming more vocal in their critisism.

What exactly are you worried about ? surely you'd be able to defend your reputation against one or two disgruntled members ?

T2W acts under advice given by legal counsel and to do otherwise is more likely to result in legal issues both civil and criminal than not to. One point that is interesting is that internet law is almost constantly changing which is why some actions previously taken are then not the same at a later time.

Now I know I'm not supposed to mention a certain Australian outfit starting with LT but I'd like to point out that another Australian outfit, IIC and Senen Pousa, appear to have recently made off with 62% of a large number of 5 figure accounts (minimum investment was 10k).

I realise that highlighting these things may reduce ad revenue and cost some money in legal advice but T2W also needs to bear in mind that the absence of such information would lead to a scamming free for all. How many lives have been ruined by this recent event? I see someone saying they lost their sons college fund. The old Spiriton Media scam cost at least one person their house.

So whilst it's unfortunate that highlighting these scams cost T2W some money you have to consider the wider good. You know the old saying, if you lie with dogs you'll catch fleas. T2W has been lying with a variety of trading dogs in the past, legal fees are like you fees for flea powder.

.............. You know the old saying, if you lie with dogs you'll catch fleas. T2W has been lying with a variety of trading dogs in the past, legal fees are like you fees for flea powder..........

peebee

Why is it that you insist on lashing out at T2W all the time? You do a good job exposing scams and the boards are littered with your efforts which remain unmolested. Why is it that you can't understand that T2W treads a very difficult legal line in all this and that there are bound to be some casualties if T2W is to avoid being critically damaged?

Maybe if it was you and your pocket that the lawyers came after you wouldn't be so cavalier.

jon

peebee

Why is it that you insist on lashing out at T2W all the time? You do a good job exposing scams and the boards are littered with your efforts which remain unmolested. Why is it that you can't understand that T2W treads a very difficult legal line in all this and that there are bound to be some casualties if T2W is to avoid being critically damaged?

Maybe if it was you and your pocket that the lawyers came after you wouldn't be so cavalier.

jon

I don't think you can have it both ways, T2W receives substantial income from adverts, sometimes these advertisers defraud T2W members and others, is it wrong for T2W members to complain about that here? Likewise if we see the same thing happening again is it wrong of us to warn other members in advance?

Please, you really don't want to ask for examples.

Why is it that you can't understand that T2W treads a very difficult legal line in all this and that there are bound to be some casualties if T2W is to avoid being critically damaged?

n

Can I ask how many of these 'casualties' have been advertisers who have been turned away by T2W?

I don't think you can have it both ways, T2W receives substantial income from adverts, sometimes these advertisers defraud T2W members and others, is it wrong for T2W members to complain about that here? Likewise if we see the same thing happening again is it wrong of us to warn other members in advance?

Please, you really don't want to ask for examples.

Yes - and past, but inadvertent, problems of that nature brought to attention by members resulted in a "due diligence" policy and not accepting advertising from such "scam" vendors. You don't give T2W any credit for that though.

There seems to be a popular view on the boards that all vendors are crooks, but that's not the case is it? There are a lot of honest ones around, even if you don't happen to think what they are selling is much good.

Barjon,

FXCM were T2W preferred FX brokers at the time of their $20 million fine, the investigation was public knowledge for perhaps a year before the fine was issued. That's not to mention Gain Capital/Forex.com being appointed T2W rebate partners after their fine for fraudulent slippage practices. Where's the due diligence?

Barjon,

FXCM were T2W preferred FX brokers at the time of their $20 million fine, the investigation was public knowledge for perhaps a year before the fine was issued. That's not to mention Gain Capital/Forex.com being appointed T2W rebate partners after their fine for fraudulent slippage practices. Where's the due diligence?

I don't know the ins and outs, peebee. All I do know is that much advertising has been rejected and that T2W tries to protect its members far more than you give it credit for. Seems to me that you should at least respect that even if you don't think T2W doesn't (or can't) go as far as you might wish.

People stupid enough to get scammed deserve to be. If they’re that stupid, they’re going to lose it one way or another soon enough anyway.

Look at all the hitherto ‘intelligent’ bods that apparently got scammed in the Wasp debacle. Were they stupid? Yes. And no.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and the occasional bout of stupidity. And pay the going rate for it.

You can’t expect t2w (or any other commercial provider of advertising) to be able to fully vet all advertisers.

T2w are well aware the sort of person who gets screwed by artists is unlikely to have the will or financial backing to go after the alleged scammer, let alone the purveyor of advertising for said scammer. The scammer, being intelligent, normally does have sufficient fire-power both legal and financial to cause pain, regardless of their legal position to do so, the threat is enough and the pain of fighting/winning/defending it is not worth it anyhow to t2w.

I’m really not negating the efforts of all those who have tried to prevent to gullible from being eaten by the sharks, but you really are wasting your time.

If you want to hit the bad boys, hit them at source and alert their appropriate local authorities (data protection, IRS, HMRC, trading standards, FSA – all complaints have to be investigated - regardless of veracity…)

as a defence against slander/libel maybe, as a defence against defamation not necessarily.

Maybe = Not necessarily

Haha, this tops your earlier comment re 'if you get a second chance at a better price and take it you will regret it'!

On a roll.

Makes complete sense now why this site is going down the pan.

People stupid enough to get scammed deserve to be. If they’re that stupid, they’re going to lose it one way or another soon enough anyway.

Do women in short skirts deserve to be raped too?

There's elderly people that lose their life savings to boiler room operations. I don't think they deserve it either...

Maybe that's just me.

That's not the final outcome.

The case was remanded back to a lower court. The jury found no malice on the part of Staples and returned a verdict in the company's favor.

End result: TRUTH is still an absolute defense in defamation lawsuits

Media Law: Jury Verdict in Noonan v. Staples

Jury says no to libel claim over truthful e-mail - National Law Journal

Peter

Do women in short skirts deserve to be raped too?

Invalid argument. No they don't deserve it. Women get raped by force not by choice regardless of what they were wearing or where they were walking. At the time of the incident they don't have the option of making an informed decision not to be raped.

There's elderly people that lose their life savings to boiler room operations. I don't think they deserve it either...

Anyone who puts their complete life savings into ANY investment scheme is not being even remotely intelligent. Same people wouldn't bet it all on black (or red).

Peter