A New Low?

I agree re that vouch nonsense but at least at FF.com there is a discussion about trading and lots of it ! Precious little about that in the last few years at T2W. It's a busy old site with typically 7,000+ traders logged in and an exhaustive forum/discussion board. I tend to pass my trading sessions hanging out on the Cable thread and it provides few nuggest but mostly it's just to pass the time between set-ups.

G/L

It is busier but it's like Guru Central over there. There seems to be a weird mindset - hence the Jacko fiasco etc.

On the LTG thing...

If they are threatening legal action - best thing to do would be remove all references to them - GOOD and BAD.

Problem solved.

yep.......stop creating publicity and exposure for them ;)

On the LTG thing...

If they are threatening legal action - best thing to do would be remove all references to them - GOOD and BAD.

Problem solved.

i recall that's been done before. though not under the threat of legals, but yes there was an instance where all discussions were removed and no new ones were allowed to start.

unlike in this instance, where any new threads by one side of the debate were removed and members banned. but any good comments (more like advertisements) from the other side, were allowed to stand in left open threads.

Last edited:
i recall that's been done before. though not under the threat of legals, but yes there was an instance where all discussions were removed and no new ones were allowed to start.

unlike in this instance, where any new threads by one side of the debate were removed and members banned. but any good comments (more like advertisements) from the other side, were allowed to stand in left open threads.

Perhaps is because they PAY for advertising.

I suspect that you'd be quite miffed if you paid for an advert, and some fecker deleted it :LOL:

FF definately have by far the best way of dealing with this. They have a cess pit where all vendor related posts are dumped. As 99.99% of all vendor offerings are sh1t very few genuine vendors are damaged, and the odd decent vendor shines out like a diamond amongst a sea of effluent.

Vendors are only allowed to post in the cess pit, and they are free to do whatever they like, and con whoever they like. Members are free to ridicule as they wish, and the whole thing is hidden from public view.

Everyone who participates in those forums knows the score, and the trading related forums remain unpolluted.

Kinda makes it useless to even participate in most of these threads anymore. Ends up being a waste of time and possibility of being banned. Why bother at all.

Peter

Perhaps is because they PAY for advertising.

I suspect that you'd be quite miffed if you paid for an advert, and some fecker deleted it :LOL:

FF definately have by far the best way of dealing with this. They have a cess pit where all vendor related posts are dumped. As 99.99% of all vendor offerings are sh1t very few genuine vendors are damaged, and the odd decent vendor shines out like a diamond amongst a sea of effluent.

Vendors are only allowed to post in the cess pit, and they are free to do whatever they like, and con whoever they like. Members are free to ridicule as they wish, and the whole thing is hidden from public view.

Everyone who participates in those forums knows the score, and the trading related forums remain unpolluted.

So much truth and comedy in one post. :)

It might be worth trying here though, the current system is clearly badly flawed (apart from the lulz angle of course).

It might be worth trying here though, the current system is clearly badly flawed (apart from the lulz angle of course).
How would a system like this affect someone like DionysusToast. If we copied the FF model, would it mean that he wouldn't be allowed to post on the main forums outside of the 'vendors only' area?

How would a system like this affect someone like DionysusToast. If we copied the FF model, would it mean that he wouldn't be allowed to post on the main forums outside of the 'vendors only' area?

two users. A vendor one where he talks about vendor things in the vendors part of the forum and another non-vendor one where he talks about non-vendor things in the non-vendor part of the forum.
Infractions and banning for taking up your own wares on outside of the vendors bit on your other user.
Try to keep up, old bean, it's not that difficult.

No system is perfect, but anything must be better than the current system. Doesn't it drive the admin / mods mad chasing blatant scammers and spammers all over the forum? And it must put off serious posters, which is a common complaint.

Like The Hare said, 99% and more of vendor offerings are utter garbage. There are very few that add anything - quite the opposite in my opinion.

.....but any good comments (more like advertisements) from the other side, were allowed to stand in left open threads.

LM this is not the case. A number of "supposed" reviews were deleted because they were from the same person operating under at least 6 usernames (which have all now been banned) and had their own separate agenda. A couple were removed because they were not a review and some were edited for language used and some still exist with ratings of 1/10. If it was simply a case of removing anything negative then they would also have gone but haven't so your statement is not true.

We are low on mod resource at present and the number of daily reports has rocketed and there isn't the time to address every post on its own merits as used to be the case.

Paul

He'd be well and truly ******

The price of cleaning up your business is the loss of one or two decent contributors.

most vendors already have their fair share of multi nics anyway hahahaha (for example I'm really Mr Charts, or was it Mr Spreadbetting ?, I'm losing track)

the guys need to do something.....Mods now admitting they are resource light will now open the floodgates

Now wheres those old IP Addresses I have ?

N

He'd be well and truly ******

The price of cleaning up your business is the loss of one or two decent contributors.

most vendors already have their fair share of multi nics anyway hahahaha (for example I'm really Mr Charts, or was it Mr Spreadbetting ?, I'm losing track)

Mr SB should be allowed back periodically, few vendors can provide the quality of lulz that he does. For example, the banning of his latest incarnation prompted a torrent of excellent nics. My favourite being "BaronjonSucksAss" - because he blamed Barjon for banning him! :LOL: