A New Low?

I think the board needs a crisis. Something to change the model. I don't see Sharky doing anything or even recognising when something is needed. First he'll see is when the advertisers pull. At that time, it might need a major repair.

I don't think the advertisers will pull. The Baghdady webinar circus a few days ago probably had the site's hit meter well off the charts into the stratosphere.

Peter

Well - the less mods there are, the more it will occur.

there's more admins than mods, always has been.

currently there are two unpaid moderators, with one paid admin, who moderates, whether the modding part is unpaid i do not know, probably? with several other admins that'll delete stuff if required, though tim says he don't get involved, so thats one less from the admin listings that delete stuff.

I don't think the advertisers will pull. The Baghdady webinar circus a few days ago probably had the site's hit meter well off the charts into the stratosphere.

I agree. The advertisers that t2w targets are hunting for morons. t2w attracts morons in droves. Its a predator - prey relationship and all parties are happy.

eventually the quality of trading related content will diminish to such an extent that it doesnt even fool the totally inexperienced, and then the prey will dry up, and they'll have to dumb down even more, and the decline will get much worse

I'm certainly not complaining, it creates loadsa lulz

This is a business Hare - what is it you think makes them money and why do you think that source of revenue is assured?

This is a business Hare - what is it you think makes them money and why do you think that source of revenue is assured?

its assured until a more effective advertising medium comes along, or a competitor takes t2w's market share.

t2w are well behind the curve, but they certainly have not given up the fight. there are a number of opportunities that they could exploit when they lose the current type of prey, but all of those ops require further dumbing down.

i can spot a trend when i see one :LOL:

I agree. The advertisers that t2w targets are hunting for morons. t2w attracts morons in droves. Its a predator - prey relationship and all parties are happy.

eventually the quality of trading related content will diminish to such an extent that it doesnt even fool the totally inexperienced, and then the prey will dry up, and they'll have to dumb down even more, and the decline will get much worse

Well-that -apart from a couple of threads -is all thats left on this site (if you ignore the burgeoning number of spammers and sharks):cry:

sorry guys I have been away for the weekend :sleep:

PB banned ?

what deleted post or issue are we talking about here ....:rolleyes:

N

ok I had already responded to one of the Ross spur threads already

"Log on to become a millionaire" hahahahaha

let me look at the other dudes posts .

I am on 15 points......whatever that means...seems I'm still allowed to drive

N

WTF??

Pboyles is like an unpaid moderator in my view.
The ban isn't permanent, all the same, I think its about time all
user advertising and the general vendor badge thing was scrapped.

Blanket ban for everything, yes not all vendors are equal.
Mr charts and Dinosaurtoast to name two off the top of my head are ok in my book.
Overall though, the whole vendor system here is a stain that is turning this place
into a joke full of crapola scam threads promising to turn £10 into £3M...
Sorry but thats how I see it.
Its getting worse on a monthly basis too.

User gudelines aside, its the posters Pboyles and others flag up that are the problem.
If I was running this site that is what I would do, otherwise
T2W might as well be renamed

None of the above will happen of course as it no doubt impacts on revenue.
That is the truth of the matter.

we should at least request that T2W declare where advertising revenue is being paid regarding vendors and contributors etc etc

(yes there are obvious ones....but perhaps not others)

N

what deleted post or issue are we talking about here ....:rolleyes:

Usual stuff, someone telling the truth.
Usual coincidence that the vendor just happens to be a t2w partner.
Usual thing, thread closed due to legal threats.

I could say a lot more, but I cant be arsed...

sorry

So UWC Neeraj from india is now showing Zero posts.......so hes been banned as a spammer ?

N

Usual stuff, someone telling the truth.
Usual coincidence that the vendor just happens to be a t2w partner.
Usual thing, thread closed due to legal threats.

I could say a lot more, but I cant be arsed...

fair enough..........anyone use FF much ?

I do post there but hav'nt got enough "credits" or whatever the stuff is you need to contribute to the decent threads there ........gave up after a while as it was a waste of time :|

N

thanks T.............thats completed our day in the trenches :cool:

..........anyone use FF much ?

I do post there but hav'nt got enough "credits" or whatever the stuff is you need to contribute to the decent threads there ........gave up after a while as it was a waste of time :|

The FF circle jerk vouch thing is a very effective deterant to prevent higher quality posts. Its a work of genius really.

The FF circle jerk vouch thing is a very effective deterant to prevent higher quality posts. Its a work of genius really.

I agree re that vouch nonsense but at least at FF.com there is a discussion about trading and lots of it ! Precious little about that in the last few years at T2W. It's a busy old site with typically 7,000+ traders logged in and an exhaustive forum/discussion board. I tend to pass my trading sessions hanging out on the Cable thread and it provides few nuggest but mostly it's just to pass the time between set-ups.

G/L

agreed.....there are some Legendary traders and meaty posts there...because I favour strengthmeter analysis sprinkled with a little correlation here and there I my favourite contributors are

Hanover
FerruFX
SteveHopgood
Dreamliner

to name but a few ........but can you get on their damn threads to throw some questions in the mix.....can you hell....damn vouchers !

N

Hanover shills for andrew mitchem, last i saw he had an affiliate link lurking in one of his posts :sneaky:

vendors, don't you just love them :devilish: :D