A new forum - just for me!

Depends on the level of bad behaviour, and depends on what your priorities are.

What Wasp posted for example (according to reports) was illegal, and that's obviously bannable and should be deleted, regardless of anything good he might provide regarding trading. Criticising the way someone does their job, is not remotely the same.

When you say 'bad behaviour' what exactly is meant? How many posters here haven't at one time or another committed some bad behaviour?

regardless of who it is ......bad language and crude/obscene onslaughts on fellow members cannot be tolerated .......no matter how passionate the other member feels about the situation ...o indeed no matter how respected the member is...

the Forum (and whatever member involved in the exchange) wont be taken seriously in the long term..........let them go to other sites

N

I didn't see TheBramble misbehave and tbh - I would expect a bit of sarcasm from him but no nastiness.

We all get pi$$y from time to time, I think a holiday doesn't hurt in some cases but that will cause some people to leave forever.

Certainly trading is no place for the meek but it's this whole "If he can't take our abuse, he won't make a good trader" attitude sucks.

fair point - we've all been guilty of this ..........

perhaps we are talking Zero Tolerence for a while like NY did to relaunch T2W ?

I take your point also -- well made. It's not bad language as such that's really a problem, it's the context and the way in which it is used. Having a military background I know all about bad language and it is probably only the British Grunt that can complete a full sentence of up to 10 words using only the F-word and still convey his meaning effectively. I wouldn't be offended by that in an appropriate setting but on the other hand it probably wouldn't serve as an effective contribution to the discussion on a technical matter where all sorts of possibilities need to be explored/ explained.

I think it comes down to common sense and decency and the great majority of people understand this and can practise it if they wish to.

we are not in the army though.........we are a Forum discussing Trading and the Art of making money in this highly difficult and skilled Profession

if we dont clean it up (Zero tolerence ) we will not be taken seriously by potential new blood who will walk away with the impression its a bunch of foul-mouth cowboys ?

N

i'm thinking there isn't going to be much in the way of action. they already appear to be back peddling like mad on the vendor issue.

in july the ceo said "This vendor situation needs fixing. It is high on my list of priorities because things can't carry on like this. Changes have to be made and we'll make them."

but in october we get "I have no intention of banning vendors from the main boards, this should be about contribution not status. Nor should we prevent vendors from answering questions about their own products"

by all means correct me if i'm wrong, the october quote reads as the rules exactly as they are now. that must mean steady as she goes captain, no change of course, fly the false flag of fighting lulz lads and we'll get through it.

it's been noted that other forums are moving to protect members by curtailing vendoring in a big way. why is t2w not doing more on this?

because generally most experienced traders here are also (or have been) Vendors and are the only ones with anything decent to publish ? ;)

I dont mind being put in a vendor area if the mods want ......doesnt worry me ..... whatever we need to do to keep the majority happy (y)

N

Absolutely correct.

Not really - more like absolute opinion.

You know - when someone discovers something for the first time - be it a drug, a fashion, a music scene - you always get a bunch of people after a few years saying

"It's not the same as it used to be'".

I remember being a 'raver' in the late 80's, all the way through the mid 90's. People would join the scene for the first time and get EXACTLY what I'd get from it my first time. Still - there were so many moaners going on about how it wasn't any good any more/was changing for the worse.

Some people roll with the times and some people don't. ANYTHING gets old if you do it often enough but that doesn't mean the 'scene' (whatever it is) has changed OR that there's no new blood in the scene.

Forums are not going to be replaced by tw@tter. Forums are interactive communities. Forums will outlast Tw@tter for various reasons but number 1 being that people want 2 way communication and to be part of something.

Best thing to do if you don't like it any more is to bu99er off. There's forums I used to frequent and left. I didn't leave a goodbye note - I just stopped posting. I didn't hang around for years and whine - I moved on.

There's people on here unable to move on even though they don't like the place.

They should be put out of their misery with a ban - and that would be doing them a MASSIVE favour.

i'm thinking there isn't going to be much in the way of action. they already appear to be back peddling like mad on the vendor issue.

in july the ceo said "This vendor situation needs fixing. It is high on my list of priorities because things can't carry on like this. Changes have to be made and we'll make them."

but in october we get "I have no intention of banning vendors from the main boards, this should be about contribution not status. Nor should we prevent vendors from answering questions about their own products"

by all means correct me if i'm wrong, the october quote reads as the rules exactly as they are now. that must mean steady as she goes captain, no change of course, fly the false flag of fighting lulz lads and we'll get through it.

it's been noted that other forums are moving to protect members by curtailing vendoring in a big way. why is t2w not doing more on this?

Perhaps you could make a contribution to the forum.

Perhaps an article or a few posts about trading.

All I see from you is whining. Perhaps I'm missing all your good posts.

Perhaps if people like you started posting articles and other info on trading, T2W wouldn't need people like me to do it.

Sorry Lightning McQueen - I take back what I said in my last post.

I said "Perhaps I'm missing all your good posts"

I searched your posts - I went back 2 months. Not a single one about trading.

So - I am obviously not missing all your good posts.

People want 2 way communication? That's a laugh!

Trade2win Stats:
Currently Active Users: 677 (57 members and 620 guests)

'People' don't come here for 2 way communications. They come here to find a money making 'system', 'set-up' or simply follow someone else's trade calls. There is 2 way communication on twitter, facebook and youtube...maybe you haven't figured that out yet :rolleyes:

Vendors should be separated so that members, especially, those new to the site, know whether the the poster is an interested, or disinterested party. I have read the accusations of well-known veteran posters accusing others of vendoring interests right from the first post.

I call them site vigilantes who do their job because the management is failing to do so. In fact, if any mods go on holiday, which is natural, it becomes open season for vendors and vigilantes to have a bun fight, trashing threads with and uninformative and not even funny posts.

I have gone away from a thread that I have been following and, come back, after only a few hours, to five or six pages of this stuff.

So, this is, from now, all water under the bridge. Right? Actions speak louder than words. Let's see.

Last edited:
because generally most experienced traders here are also (or have been) Vendors and are the only ones with anything decent to publish ? ;)

N

There might be an element of truth in that, although i suspect most wouldn't wish to be associated with the term 'vendor'

On the other hand most of the articles published by t2w are provided by vendors, and you have to admit, the standard of those articles is absolutely appalling. In fairness to Tim, he has made requests for content of the 'home grown' variety, but noone will bite (for reasons that are blindingly obvious)

If vendors are the only people with anything decent to publish, why arnt they doing so (apart from Howard Cohodas :LOL:)

Just like t2w's membership, not all vendors are equal, and they shouldn't be treated as if they are. The problem is very few people involved in the day to day running of t2w have the knowledge or experience to differentiate between them.

Unfortunately you need some traders involved to run a trading site. You can certainly dumb down and fake it (baby pips being a good example) but it takes a lot more proactive management and input than anyone around here is prepared to make.

That's the crux of t2w's problems. They have lost all integrity as a trading site due to the previous strategy and the brand is completely tainted. They are lumbered with staff and moderators, and a culture that's still clinging to their prior vision. They failed in achieving their prior vision because their competitors out performed them with better content (or content more appropriate to their target audience), better technology, more proactive management etc.

I could be turned around, and Steve's done the right thing in acknowledging previous problems, but there's a lack of detail regarding the new vision. Time will tell if its all just hot air.

It's certainly an uphill battle, and for that reason I'm still heavily short t2w

I did what pboyles suggested and searched 'Are forums dying' and I think this is the most comprehensive and accurate analysis I found, smart woman!

Are forums dying?

Most forums are ‘powered’ by quite a small number of prolific posters. Many of the most prolific forum posters do so because they have two things in common.

They really enjoy writing, and they have some kind of skill to offer.

I have a question for Steve or Timsk.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/159794-mr-stone-binary-trading-12.html#post1994034

Why is this still allowed to continue?
Unregulated brokers openly linking and touting for business.

The solution is quick and easy.
I see no excuses for the lack of action.

Hi Lv,
In terms of policy, I'm sure Steve would welcome any input you (or anyone else) would care to provide as to how best to resolve the issues regarding vendors.

In the meantime, if you see anyone advertising and posting spam - then simply report them in the usual way for the Mods to deal with.
Tim.

Best thing to do if you don't like it any more is to bu99er off. There's forums I used to frequent and left. I didn't leave a goodbye note - I just stopped posting. I didn't hang around for years and whine - I moved on.
Amen to that!
(y)

Hi Lv,
In terms of policy, I'm sure Steve would welcome any input you (or anyone else) would care to provide as to how best to resolve the issues regarding vendors.

In the meantime, if you see anyone advertising and posting spam - then simply report them in the usual way for the Mods to deal with.
Tim.

Actually I reported the Mr Stone thread(s), he is clearly grooming a few gullible people with the aim of getting them to deposit funds in his unregulated options business. I don't see much being done about it.

Perhaps we're taking the Neville Chamberlain approach again, 'just give him a chance to prove himself'.

Hi Lv,

Tim.

So the example I gave would only be deemed as worthy of attention due to spam?
What about the regulation issue?
I have no axe to grind with the outfit concerned, if they went down the CFD
wrapper route and gained FSA approval, fair enough.
I couldn't care less whether their options are mispriced - that is for clients to determine.

In a nutshell, I personally think any broker using a vendor badge here should be
FSA / NFA registered,
simple as that.
No regulation - no T2W membership.

Perhaps you could make a contribution to the forum.

Perhaps an article or a few posts about trading.

All I see from you is whining. Perhaps I'm missing all your good posts.

Perhaps if people like you started posting articles and other info on trading, T2W wouldn't need people like me to do it.

as you well know i'm not overly successful on the trading front. why would i post on such matters to muddy the waters there. i'm not a fan of the call threads, i found the comp more interesting. though for me admin managed to kill off that by allowing hoards of outsiders in who have no interest in chat or banter.

my contribution to the boards haven't been open a lot of the time, a few years despamming this place here and there. though i recall you didn't like that either. as many others do i now help others to avoid vendors.

ok so i don't contribute to the boards in a way you see fit, who are you to judge exactly!! you got some chip there sunshine! your head so far up admins **** these days! it'll do you no good :D

Tim I know it's completely failed to register with you, but even the sites own ex moderators are saying that reporting posts is a waste of time as action is rarely taken. These days I just don't bother wasting my time reporting posts, but on the odd occasion I do, I'm not sure why I bothered.

Does t2w's management actually have any sort if vision or plan ? and do YOU actually ever read the site ?

Steve has already announced that he's going to deal with the vendor issue, and he's announced on the 17th of this month (4 days ago) that he's going to announce what steps will be taken before he goes on holiday this week, so presumably today's the day !

If he's already taken the decision, why on earth are you suggesting people bombard him with further suggestions on the same day he's about to announce the long awaited solution to the vendor problem !

Surely he's already made his mind up, or are you hoping someone else gives you a policy you can announce later today.

These kinds of contradictions do little to help in finding a solution to a complex problem.

There's people on here unable to move on even though they don't like the place.

They should be put out of their misery with a ban - and that would be doing them a MASSIVE favour.

So anyone who disagrees with giving vendors, particularly unregulated brokers,
unfettered access to unsuspecting punters should leave as it endangers
the status quo for vendors?
You can't be serious...

BTW, this is only a response to the post quoted - for the umpteenth time,
I have no issue with your software products, does what it says on the tin.

What I can't work out is why you chose the affiliate backslapping route
(the cause of most of the flak you have received on here) when you could
have just linked to the CME education centre, with sub links to the market
profile literature.
You still could do that.

For me that would have more integrity, lack of bias, no hard sell and above all
more credibility.
This is not an attack, just a suggestion :)

IMO, Pboyles has to work far too hard. It should not be necessary to argue with a vendor for more than a page, or so. Management should be on to it at once.

I, rarely, press link buttons and am unlikely to get scammed. The rubbish that is posted on this forum is what annoys us. If the vendor cannot get his clientele across to his site, he'll go away.

Put them in a separate part and charge them for every time their link button is pressed.

Last edited: