A new forum - just for me!

Shakone

2,458 665
Personally I think the wasp posts should be there and highlighted along with a full synopsis of what went on to warn other people of similar schemes going on right now.

In the case of wasp and with so many others - although illegal - his initial intentions were no-doubt honourable. He thought he could make money and wanted to leverage other peoples so that he could make a living from it himself while returning them a decent profit. I'm pretty sure there was no bad-intentions at the start.

However things started to go wrong, and unable to admit his losses to his investors started to doctor his statements & P/L eventually leading to bankruptcy proceedings and a slap from the FSA.

It's actually very hard to get this information from the T2W forums. I think it should be there in the beginners forums...
Actually, I was talking about certain illegal images that he was said to have posted which should be deleted. The other issue, yes, posts should still be there.

Lightning McQueen

4,861 778
Depends on the level of bad behaviour, and depends on what your priorities are.

What Wasp posted for example (according to reports) was illegal, and that's obviously bannable and should be deleted, regardless of anything good he might provide regarding trading. Criticising the way someone does their job, is not remotely the same.

When you say 'bad behaviour' what exactly is meant? How many posters here haven't at one time or another committed some bad behaviour?
the era around that time was by far the worst. there's not been much seen in recent times that rival the disgusting images and vile language posted for laughs back then. quite where the position has come from that the boards are full of it these days i'm at a loss :confused:

regards the bramble outbursts, i did not see all of it. though i've seen far worse what i did see of it wasn't overly pleasant. fair enough that he was banned i believe, otherwise he'd have just carried on. i've pm'd what i did catch and you can make your own mind up :)

Reactions: Shakone

2,202 544
Sure, I understand this view, I generally try to be polite. However, it's not that someone can't express without bad language, but that on a particular occasion they use it. Now if you're going to ignore anyone who has ever used bad language, then you're not really going to get very far, because that's almost everyone.

Yes perhaps it is a culture thing. So is being oversensitive to criticism or bad language.
I take your point also -- well made. It's not bad language as such that's really a problem, it's the context and the way in which it is used. Having a military background I know all about bad language and it is probably only the British Grunt that can complete a full sentence of up to 10 words using only the F-word and still convey his meaning effectively. I wouldn't be offended by that in an appropriate setting but on the other hand it probably wouldn't serve as an effective contribution to the discussion on a technical matter where all sorts of possibilities need to be explored/ explained.

I think it comes down to common sense and decency and the great majority of people understand this and can practise it if they wish to.

the hare

2,949 1,283
I didn't see TheBramble misbehave and tbh - I would expect a bit of sarcasm from him but no nastiness.
I witnessed the bramble debacle, and in my opinion, although I was 100% in agreement with the sentiment being expressed, he overstepped the mark in his personal criticism of Tim.

The point is though I suspect that even if he had been polite, he'd have still have been banned for expressing a difference in opinion. Indeed my last ban was simply due to a difference of opinion that staff took exception too.

Ironically t2w's CEO states on this thread that they've lost valuable contributors, he admits that the site is quiet, he admits mistakes have been made regarding their choice of partners, and the way that those mistakes are dealt with.

Although It seams acceptable for Steve to make those points, any other member would run a real risk of incurring at least a temporary ban for saying the same. At the very least they be subjected to comments from staff informing them they where posting nonsense

Ironically Tim has spent the last 3 months or so arguing that their choice of partner offers where perfectly fine, that the handling and subsequent cover up and deletion of threads was ok, that site membership is increasing, that good members are not being lost, and that the community is thriving. It's little wonder in those circumstances that the bramble felt it necessary to tell a few home truths.

Steve's posts highlight why a clean sweep is required. He's pulling in one direction, whilst the content management team are taking every opportunity possible to undermine that message with an alternative agenda.

It's good lulz, but I am sad to see the destruction of what was once a valuable resource

barjon

Legendary member
10,235 1,538
Just to try and put the Bramble thing to bed so that it doesn't continually divert an important discussion.

As Hare says, Bramble went OTT in his personal criticism of Tim and his post was deleted for that reason alone. The valid points he made were a casualty of that, but they were not the reason for deletion. You don't have to look far to find similar points of criticism about T2W still on the boards.

Brambles reaction to the deletion was to post a series of more extreme insults accompanied by demands to be banned. So he was. Simple as that.

Reactions: wackypete2

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
To be fair to bramble his criticism of timsk, though harsh, stayed within the realms of his duties as an employee of t2w. Well initially at least as I never saw banning (unfortunately). He attacked timsks ability to do his job and not the man himself. A divisive line should be drawn between the two contexts.

Last edited:
Reactions: timsk

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
Ironically t2w's CEO states on this thread that they've lost valuable contributors, he admits that the site is quiet, he admits mistakes have been made regarding their choice of partners, and the way that those mistakes are dealt with.

Although It seams acceptable for Steve to make those points, any other member would run a real risk of incurring at least a temporary ban for saying the same. At the very least they be subjected to comments from staff informing them they where posting nonsense

Ironically Tim has spent the last 3 months or so arguing that their choice of partner offers where perfectly fine, that the handling and subsequent cover up and deletion of threads was ok, that site membership is increasing, that good members are not being lost, and that the community is thriving. It's little wonder in those circumstances that the bramble felt it necessary to tell a few home truths.

Steve's posts highlight why a clean sweep is required. He's pulling in one direction, whilst the content management team are taking every opportunity possible to undermine that message with an alternative agenda.

It's good lulz, but I am sad to see the destruction of what was once a valuable resource
BAN! Your sole intention is obviously to bother mods and staff and just generally cause trouble.

new_trader

Legendary member
6,192 1,259
I actually now believe that there isn’t any meaningful correlation between T2W management and ‘good’ contributors¹ leaving (aside from the ones who get banned). I think the ‘good’ contributors or those with many years trading experience eventually realise the futility of trying to educate others and give up trying.

As for TheBramble, who gives a sh!t about him being banned again...Or is it permanently banned again...or yet again permanently banned again...I’ve lost count now...

Reinstate SOCRATES!(y)

1. When I say good contributors, I refer to people who really understand wot is wot as opposed to those who post pretty pictures of charts with incomprehensible scribble and detailed annotations of ‘set ups’.

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
So bad behaviour should be excused if your other posts are positive?
You're a vendor, which is bad behaviour in the extreme. However you are excused because your non vendoring posts are positive.

Reactions: rsh01

timsk

Legendary member
6,921 1,799
. . . The point is though I suspect that even if he had been polite, he'd have still have been banned for expressing a difference in opinion. Indeed my last ban was simply due to a difference of opinion that staff took exception too.

Reactions: the hare

Hoggums

2,176 877
Reinstate SOCRATES!(y)
What? More talk of secret agendas, professing to reveal something amazing in a short while then never coming up with anything? Spouting utter generalised nonsense that it would easily fit into the context of flower arranging as or trading. And let’s not forget his “lesson” on selling options which went £176,000 into the red before taking his small profit. Except that no-one could actually find his trades on the exchange..

Steve

437 108
Thanks for the following Shakone..

Yes, but then there's the problem of banning a good contributor because he swears or criticises staff. That doesn't seem worth it. A recent case would be theBramble, who made some valid criticism, but posted somewhat harshly towards Timsk. The post deleted and poster banned (still?). From what I read it didn't merit either, and since posts are gone, we can't see if he posted anything that did merit a banning.
Firstly, let’s be clear about one thing, nobody will be banned for making criticisms about the staff. But there are ways to go about these things and in the example you quote I’m afraid that the line was crossed.

The behaviour of this person once the post was deleted only reinforces the fact that the action we took was absolutely right in the circumstances. I can’t think of any situation that excuses the following:

“Delete this one and I'll keep on posting until you ban me permanently so you may as well do the deed right now you spineless little sh!t.”

“Because Jon and Tim are both wan!kers they need to support each other. Trade2wan!k.”

“I'm trying to do my best, but presumably that doesn't count you total toss!er?”

“Come on jon, you've still got one hand free. Fuggin ban me you complete pr!ck.”

And also from Shakone..

When you say 'bad behaviour' what exactly is meant? How many posters here haven't at one time or another committed some bad behaviour?
Another good point. As you know we have the very wordy Terms and Conditions for both the site and the forums (the ones nobody ever reads) and we also have the site guidelines.

Well the latter needs changing and I’ll be posting some new ones by the end of the week. I have made them clear and simple and they will spell out what I think represents a code of conduct for all of us. They will not cover everything and nor should they try because you can’t. Anyway, enough of that, let’s wait until you all see them.

Thanks again Shakone

Last edited by a moderator: