A new forum - just for me!

1) Theres plenty of learning here if you look hard enough
2) Theres Lutz aplenty if you ask silly questions of us
3) umm...did I mention the Lutz ?

N

I have little to say because a) am a noobie b) I cannot be bothered to wade through a swamp of discontent.

I have forgotten why I came here in the first place.
Steve's comments have reassured me that my subsequent absence was sensible.

What are the good features of this site trade2win ? If someone could list three top reasons - at least I would know why to visit.

The response to this comment is a litmus test.

1)There are people making live calls and explaining how they trade
2)There's good lulz
3)There are some knowledgeable members like Socrates, theBramble, the hare, bbmac etc ...oh wait, those are banned or have stopped posting.

Better change no 3 to, the vendor situation has been decisively dealt with here.

Last edited:
1 lulz aplenty. There really is no place better
2 historic content from the pre dumbing down era.
3 did I mention lulz ?

Thanks NVP, Shakone, The Hare and Splitlink for these responses to my comment,

I am now convinced that there are great people here and its worthwhile getting more involved.

Thanks NVP, Shakone, The Hare and Splitlink for these responses to my comment,

I am now convinced that there are great people here and its worthwhile getting more involved.

i always ask a few random people their advice when wanting to come to a decision. i find toptable et al are brilliant websites, i have not gone to one restaurant in the whole of the world thanks to all those kind strangers out there who are willing to spend the time to write reviews of said places.

someone did once say just give it a go, throw caution to the wind, do the 'research' yourself instead of relying on others and take that deep plunge by spending £15 on a restaurant meal which has mixed reviews. i said 'feck it, love, get your glad rags on we are eating in style tonight, aberdeen angus steakhouse here we come'.

IMO this site has never and never will be a "trading" website. Places like Wilmott are trading websites. This is a banter website. There used to be a lot of active proper traders around here and so inevitably there was a lot more trading banter, some of which was useful and/or technical.

With those people gone the site will never be what it was. What we have now is a bunch of people who are still learning and they'll all come to realise that this website is a sh*t resource or is a bad distraction from doing something worthwhile in their attempts to navigate this minefield of a learning curve.

hello samirs and rsh, I appreciate your collective wisdom on this matter. For the record I live in a household dominated by vegetarian beliefs and have largely gone off food. I still enjoy a curry. Perhaps I should sneak off to a few restaurants and leave trading to those who can talk intelligently about it. Ultimately the maker of this site has clearly bared his soul and extended the hand of open mindedness.

Forums are only of any use if you already know to some degree what you're doing. If FF, t2w,elite and the rest of them, are your first contact with trading, then you have a very long and trying time ahead. Trading is already difficult enough to learn without being exposed to falsehoods being reported as fact in places like this. Perhaps the lack of traffic just reflects their true worth, and this is a more common realisation nowadays??

Yes you are correct I have been exposed to FF FPA and FS I don't know elite or wilmott. its not pleasant being on that mishapen curve,

Perhaps the lack of traffic just reflects their true worth, and this is a more common realisation nowadays??

Not only the true worth of forums but the true worth of trading as an activity. People are beginning to realise that the industry exists to scam them at every opportunity. This is no longer rumour, so many brokers have been caught scamming that people are starting to realise that they're probably all at it. Then we have spectacular failures like Baghdady, again this raises awareness of the sort of people that are involved in the business.

I think the bottom line is that the cat is out of the bag, people know more about what's really going on and are starting to lose interest in the whole sordid industry.

I see Mr Stone still has his link in his vendor badge and continues to groom the gullible.

IMO this site has never and never will be a "trading" website. Places like Wilmott are trading websites. This is a banter website. There used to be a lot of active proper traders around here and so inevitably there was a lot more trading banter, some of which was useful and/or technical.

With those people gone the site will never be what it was. What we have now is a bunch of people who are still learning and they'll all come to realise that this website is a sh*t resource or is a bad distraction from doing something worthwhile in their attempts to navigate this minefield of a learning curve.

SPOT ON!! Want to learn anything on here? Not a chance..any advice is lost in pages and pages of rant, b@tch and moan

dear steve,

hello, how are you? I am fine. it was very cloudy this morning where I was but happily no rain. son I am going away for a dirty weekend with my girlfriend, which will be nice. but I did hurt my shoulder is rugby, which is not.

Anyway, here is a idea for you to make trade 2 win better:

friends like on facebook / followers like on twitter

so like 2day i can clik on "yer good post" but thats it. wuld be good if i could have a list of "followerers" so like if soneone you "follows" makes a post, you can see it in youe "settings" bit.

it's better than "subscribing" to "threads" because most of the time uless i see a thread from way way back in the start it's too long for me to know if it's any good! instead i would like to read what my "followsers" are writing, and where they are writing it.

with "followers" you get people making nice trading posts getting lots of followers and people making good lulz getting lots of followers and the good samaritans get no followers 'cos nobody really needs them you can't hold everybodies hand. if people with lots of followers do ass kicking on some vendor or chump then its good, but cravat emperor and all that its all fair.

anyway its a good idea put it in.

please :)

xxx