A new forum - just for me!

but t2w won't do it because of 2 or 3 vendors, and your CEO has already very publicly rejected the idea and can't be seen to back track

I love this old chestnut.

So T2W must invent some mechanical objective rules, right?

T2W are struggling because mechanical objective rules cannot be created that get riddy of scummy vendors whilst allowing their 2 or 3 favoured vendors to continue.

Damn the fact that the world runs on simplistic mechanical rulesets where the baby has to get thrown out with the bathwater.

OK - vendor solution.

The following is my proposal for vendor retention.

1/ New vendor entrant cess pit.

2/ Cess pit release once qualifying criteria met:
i Certain number of recommendations.
ii Proportionate level of reported posts.
iii Rival vendor multinic abuse ruled out by tightened registration process.

3/ Disclaimer message box (as previously mentioned by me) for all third party links.

4/ On cess pit release, vendors pay for directed traffic per click through.

5/ Mandatory vendor signature stating that any vendor links are not endorsed by
T2W and are unregulated.

6/ Even when unregulated as in software products, training, under no circumstances should a broker be permitted to register as vendor without
FSA / NFA registration number.

Other options are an outright ban, although I'm beginning to think this is highly
unlikely given the fact that T2W competitors such as FF do allow vendors.

A tighter policy made up of some of the earlier points, namely:
1/ Permanent cess pit.
2/ Disclaimer message box for all 3rd party links
3/ Mandatory vendor signature stating regulation or not.
4/ Mandatory supply of FSA / NFA registration number for all vendor brokers (current and new).

Agreed.

All new vendors - please visit my new website

newvendorwellies.com

For all of your knee-length rubberised footware cesspit wading needs.

That'll happen when you, Rsh01, PB, The Hare et al keep clicking the bloody thread... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jeez...

There are allegedly almost a quarter of a million members. Tim tells me the community is thriving and going from strength to strength. How can less than half a dozen people influence these stats if that's true ?

But of course this is isn't true, t2w is going to he'll in a hand cart and your comment highlights how far the rot has set in. The place is as quiet as the grave. Can you imagine how many people would be watching this thread 12 months ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago.

The reasons for this decline are all set out within this thread. The reason the decline will continue is laid out within this thread too for those with the foresight to see it. Mr Socco nailed it years ago, all seen in advance.

There are allegedly almost a quarter of a million members. Tim tells me the community is thriving and going from strength to strength. How can less than half a dozen people influence these stats if that's true ?

But of course this is isn't true, t2w is going to he'll in a hand cart and your comment highlights how far the rot has set in. The place is as quiet as the grave. Can you imagine how many people would be watching this thread 12 months ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago.

The reasons for this decline are all set out within this thread. The reason the decline will continue is laid out within this thread too for those with the foresight to see it. Mr Socco nailed it years ago, all seen in advance.

Back in the day Socco was a prolific poster and attracted plenty of attention...In my forum experience, prolific posters do set the agenda....who are the prolific posters of today and what is their agenda ?

Are ya getting the idea yet?

Hopefully Steve has the good sense to see through all the fake blustering.

Agreed.

All new vendors - please visit my new website

newvendorwellies.com

For all of your knee-length rubberised footware cesspit wading needs.

Do you have any testimonials for these wellies? What does Mr A from London think of his pair? Also when will you be organising the free seminar to give us the secrets of the wellies (the ones they don't want us to know about).

Can you assure us that there will not be a long queue to buy them? I just spent a week outside Alan Rich's office and I'm done with all that hanging around.

So T2W must invent some mechanical objective rules, right?

T2W are struggling because mechanical objective rules cannot be created that get riddy of scummy vendors whilst allowing their 2 or 3 favoured vendors to continue.

No

They need some sort of vision. At the moment the vision hasn't been shared, but I'm assured its there, and t2w will consequentially become a shining beacon, and that has to be good news,

It also helps if all parties, understand, share and believe in that vision. I'm not sure they do, I think many on t2w's side of the fence don't understand the situation, or the need for for change, time will tell.

I do think it helps if there are clear policies that can be communicated to members. Some rules could be mechanically enforced very easily, some will require subjective judgement, its not rocket science.

You know as well as I do why the sites dying (or maybe you don't), and its nothing to do with a lack of mechanical objective rules. Even in the cases where such rules exist they are rarely enforced anyway. At the time the site was growing they had very few rules, much lighter moderation, and NO team responsible for content. That's not just a coincidence either :LOL:

Everyone knows a vendor cess pit is the only solution, and Steve's probably kicking himself for publicly dismissing the idea out of hand so early in the process.

Back in the day Socco was a prolific poster and attracted plenty of attention...In my forum experience, prolific posters do set the agenda....who are the prolific posters of today and what is their agenda ?

Are ya getting the idea yet?

Hopefully Steve has the good sense to see through all the fake blustering.

I assume that you've analyzed the traffic and answered those questions for yourselves.

Prolific posters tend to have one of the following agendas

A) vendoring
B) lulz
C) a combination of both !

The reason we have an increase in vendors is exactly the same reason we had an increase in lulz. Fix one, you'll fix both, but you already know that.

But they are trading forums. That's not really been t2w's agenda for the past few years. I can understand why they did what they did.

Until we know Steve's vision, it's hard to comment

You tell 'im Hare;)

Attachments

• hare.jpg
    hare.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 218
T2W reminds me of a british seaside town - ie a venerable old institution in terminal decline with a business model that cannot be fixed. It doesn't seem to understand that the ground has shifted beneath them and the tastes/preferences/habits of the market (traders and would be traders) it relies on for it's product (ie the discussion boards) are irreversably changing.

G/L

T2W reminds me of a british seaside town - ie a venerable old institution in terminal decline with a business model that cannot be fixed. It doesn't seem to understand that the ground has shifted beneath them and the tastes/preferences/habits of the market (traders and would be traders) it relies on for it's product (ie the discussion boards) are irreversably changing.

G/L

T2W, twinned with New Brighton?

Do you have any testimonials for these wellies? What does Mr A from London think of his pair? Also when will you be organising the free seminar to give us the secrets of the wellies (the ones they don't want us to know about).

Can you assure us that there will not be a long queue to buy them? I just spent a week outside Alan Rich's office and I'm done with all that hanging around.

Here is the scene from the latest poor weather stampede outside Alans House...

article-2007813-0CB5ED2D00000578-28_964x483.jpg

Obviously, these people were not benefitting from any of the 89 pairs of DTs secret Nazi wellies.

Best of luck on your new journey Steve,

And as The Mechanic once said as driver was heading off on a long journey ....

1. change that oil often,
2. check the tyres
3. make sure to top up the windscreen wash
4. bring some coin for the tolls

Andy
Captain Currency

As I have already said, I think we should also become more of a voice for our members and deal decisively with the vendor situation, I’ll post more on this before I go on holiday next week.

Did I miss something ? Have vendors been dealt with decisively yet ?

Somebody called in an air strike on the 'World Forex Trading Wealth Management Expo'.

Somebody called in an air strike on the 'World Forex Trading Wealth Management Expo'.

That's what I call decisive action, and a great start.

I thought he'd he just disappear off on holiday without announcing anything. Looks like I was completely wrong !

Looks like Tim and Jon will get to gloat :)

I have little to say because a) am a noobie b) I cannot be bothered to wade through a swamp of discontent.

I have forgotten why I came here in the first place.
Steve's comments have reassured me that my subsequent absence was sensible.

What are the good features of this site trade2win ? If someone could list three top reasons - at least I would know why to visit.

The response to this comment is a litmus test.