Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?

fair play. Cheers.

Dont agree with this though:

"First paragraph: Yes, it is immature to want to hear about other people's success. What difference can it possibly make to you? Other people's profits and losses do not affect you, so focus on what you're doing. If people need to hear about such things, their attitude and mental condition is wrong."

If people devote there time to something not just for the money but infact something they actually ENJOY and are passionate about then what harm is going to come of asking people about there success stories to date?

Everything else i agree with.

fair play. Cheers.

Dont agree with this though:

"First paragraph: Yes, it is immature to want to hear about other people's success. What difference can it possibly make to you? Other people's profits and losses do not affect you, so focus on what you're doing. If people need to hear about such things, their attitude and mental condition is wrong."

If people devote there time to something not just for the money but infact something they actually ENJOY and are passionate about then what harm is going to come of asking people about there success stories to date?

Everything else i agree with.

You make a fair point, and absolutely it is possible that there is no harm. Perhaps I should say I believe that kind of thing is harmful for me.

I should have held on to that TF trade. Hit target with ease, but I went out with a scratch. I need more balls.

Made it up with an ES short.

Here's a thought. It's not quite there yet, but there's an interesting potential (needs confirming) long YM off 11500. Anyone have the balls for it ?

EDIT:

Scratch that, it looks a bit weak after all.

Made it up with an ES short.

Here's a thought. It's not quite there yet, but there's an interesting potential (needs confirming) long YM off 11500. Anyone have the balls for it ?

EDIT:

Scratch that, it looks a bit weak after all.

11471 was support and its bounced 60 points, it would have been a brave man that would have taken it though.

If people devote there time to something not just for the money but infact something they actually ENJOY and are passionate about then what harm is going to come of asking people about there success stories to date?.

There's a danger that it sets unrealistic expectations.

Trading it seems to me is a bit like the Californian gold rush. Lots of talk and some folks actually get there. Of whom a small percentage made it big. Along with an army of equipment suppliers, hangers on, thieves, whores etc.

The rewards if successful are obviously huge, and all that these days can be gained from the comfort of one's fav armchair.
No bighting cold of an Alaskan winter or boiling hot sun of Cali desert. Wow have we got it easy by comparison.

Better put the kettle on

Real time trade signals makes me happy too. So what exactly are you trading ? I want in.

BJ

What happened to that pruning technique of yours - no good any more?

PS Sorry - missed Pboyles' post. I want to copy his trades as well.

Last edited:
Real time trade signals makes me happy too. So what exactly are you trading ? I want in.

I was talking about the e mini Dow futures contract. It actually bounced over 100 points off that level, however I didnt take it for two reasons, firstly I dont really trade the Dow and secondly because the trend was definitely against us (it has since reversed and moved lower.

I find the e mini S&P and the Eurostoxx better to trade, zero slippage, no spread etc etc.

...and forget about the signals, its easy to learn yourself if you stay clear of the get rich quick vendors.

I've asked "Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?"

"This seems to be a regular basic question to which there will in all likelihood be no verifiable answers

I answered the question on page 3 of this thread. What more would you like to know?

I'm trading the very obscure Won Hung Lo index out of Japan. I'm long at 10. With a little luck I'll be all-in by midnite! After that I'll probably go short.

Peter

Last edited:
BJ

What happened to that pruning technique of yours - no good any more?

PS Sorry - missed Pboyles' post. I want to copy his trades as well.

Fruit picking and pruning while the forest fire is raging in the market is pointless. I exited my leveraged trades at a loss a few days ago when the rally after the debt deal fizzled out. The pruning while it lasted did reduce the loss a little. The strategy remained sound.

I remain long in actual equities. So I now pretend I am warrent buffet and be a life long investor. Had I developed the pruning strategy sooner, I would have been in a better position with my holding too. But live and learn, old boy.

It's telling that there are more people who claim others are doing well than people claiming to do well themselves. The stereotypical successful trader is supposed to be egotistical and unashamed of his winnings. So things are not adding up.

The stereotypical successful trader is usually a very quiet and unassuming trader. The most successful traders rarely talk about their big wins because they acknowledge that they also have losses along the journey. But its just a job. A way of making very good money very easily. It is a quiet, home-based career.
The egotistical trader who only tells you about his big wins is usually hiding big losses. Because he is ashamed to admit to himself that his ego will not allow him any small losses.

I'm trading the very obscure Won Hung Lo index out of Japan. I'm long at 10. With a little luck I'll be all-in by midnite!

Peter

Ok man, thanks. Keep them coming. I want live signals from everyone making a good living from trading. On the one hand I get to see how good they are. On the other hand, I'll see if I can make some too. However I remain skeptical there are more than a tiny small few who are making it.

A way of making very good money very easily. It is a quiet, home-based career.

If it's that easy, do you have anything to show for it ? Verifiable proof gets my respect. Anything else I see as just BS. Some of the few winners here are not shy with their winning at all. They have no reason to be. It's not as if I will go grab whatever they have won.

In my book, there is no shame in winning.

So you are here only to freeload off successful traders? (n)

Actually I am here to assess quality of people's claims. I have a long standing hobby and skill of taking BS'ers down. You might say I just don't like BS'ers much. If I get to free load a little, why not ? Nobody will lose much from it.