Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?

Pazienza i stopped listening to you when i read your first post. I dont care about what you have to say and yes i have acknowledged the fact you average approx 6% thank you for answering to this simple thread... little boy...

What's a decent living? is 20 to 30k a month decent?....then take out your taxes.....I only day (swing moves on price)trade the Russell 2000. In reality 5 points w/ 4 contracts on the TF = 2k. I'd gladly share my plan and my bank statement.......I'm not looking for money (yet) and only will in the future to weed out the non-serious. I get more out of teaching than I usually give......but at times it is difficult when the participants only wants a fish and not to learn to fish.

Dilbert you talk utter sh**e

Now stfu before I send Barrymore around your house to give you a good ol' fashioned Lubbocking

Attachments

• barrymore.jpg
    barrymore.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
What's a decent living? is 20 to 30k a month decent?....then take out your taxes.....I only day (swing moves on price)trade the Russell 2000. In reality 5 points w/ 4 contracts on the TF = 2k. I'd gladly share my plan and my bank statement.......I'm not looking for money (yet) and only will in the future to weed out the non-serious. I get more out of teaching than I usually give......but at times it is difficult when the participants only wants a fish and not to learn to fish.

So how much does your fishing course cost ? Or can you only tell those who are serious ?

To be honest I make a couple of millions a week. But I don't like to talk about it.

Ok, let's see your bank statement or a statement of your trades then. Any noob can claim to be making this or that.

If I posted my bank statements of statement of my trades, you would say that they were photo-shopped. If I posted all of my trades for the last 12 months, you would say that I had made them up. If I posted my trades live for the next month you would say that it was too small a time frame. When I made a profit from those live trades you would say it was a lucky fluke.

What you want is for me to post all my trades live for the indefinite future so that you can freeload on my hard work, experience and success.

You have admitted that you are a freeloader. What disgusts me is that you are proud to admit that you are a freeloader.
Your family must be very proud of you when you boast to everyone that you are freeloader on society. I bet they cringe every time you say it.

What you want is for me to post all my trades live for the indefinite future so that you can freeload on my hard work, experience and success.

No, you have no success at all. I can just tell. Play the forum contest and prove me wrong.

Unlike you, I do not PLAY in forum competitions. I trade real money in real markets

As I said before, you are an unemployed (unemployable?) freeloader looking for scraps from successful people. Your family must be very proud of you.

Unlike you, I do not PLAY in forum competitions. I trade real money in real markets

As I said before, you are an unemployed (unemployable?) freeloader looking for scraps from successful people. Your family must be very proud of you.

Yes, you trade real monopoly money.

Yes, it’s possible, but not with a couple of hundred dollars of starting capital. Think about it, for many professional traders, having a 50% profit on the year is considered a good year. If you start of with $200, and make 50% profit, you would have $100 profit. Is $100 enough for you to live off of? Not unless you live in a cave.

However, if you start off with $100,000 capital, and make 50% profit for the year, then you would end up with $50,000. Is that enough to live off of? Probably yes.

Yes, I know $100,000 is a lot of money. But you can start up with $5,000 and work your way up. You are still young. I would get a job and start saving, and on the side, continue to trade and research using a micro account. (Notice how I didn’t say demo account because demo accounts success do not translate to real account success). Anyways, once you know you can be profitable with real money, then you wouldn’t hesitate as much to put in $5000, or $10,000 or whatever you have saved up in your account.

Lots of people make great living as day traders. But it takes time and patience to get there. Hope this helps.

0007 I have been making profits thankfully. Im curious to know other peoples situations from the general vibe on this forum.... and whether people MAKE a LIVING i.e. not being 5-10% up on a £1k acc per month because we all know that isnt enough to live off, unless your living in your neighbours garden using her broadband on a laptop to trickle those pennies... (although dont get me wrong that is good! Of course because of SIZE as mentioned in the first post...)

So do me a favour and in the greatest respect you`ve gone a little off topic with a ramble there. I haven't asked for someone` opinion if whether or not based upon the necessary steps required set out by an individuals view on trading were not to be fulfilled within those parameters i should therefore give up.... I've asked "Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?"

"This seems to be a regular basic question to which there will in all likelihood be no verifiable answers because it's a bit like living in suburbia, where neighbours are all giving the appearance of trying to outdo each other and won't admit that perhaps they are bottom of the pile." lol

Thanks to all the posts by the way! The few who stayed on topic. (Dont take any of my responses personal i don't mean to be offensive)

I've always known the dangerous reality of trying to make a living out of trading. Trading is a means of trying to increase one's capital base, in an environment where you are likely to end up with less capital.

If you are looking to make a living out of this ie. feeding a wife and kids, that is something that I would not sleep easy at night with. It is not stable enough.

I am a retired pensioner and this is an enjoyable method of passing some of my time. If you were to ask me if I manage to take money out of my account for holidays or Christmas presents--yes, I do.

Some years are better than others and it is too risky for me to have tried to make a living out of it. Having said that, who would like to be in property these days? Or have a shop in the high street?

I make what most people would enough money for a decent standard of living from the markets. This usually equates to 30-60% return on capital per year. However I also have a full time job. I work mainly because I like the job, it takes me all over the World and pays me far more than I am probably worth. I have often wondered how my trading performance would be if I traded full time. I think it would likely be worse as having the comfort of decent money coming in apart from trading means I can pick and choose my trades carefully without having the additional pressure of having to put food on the table. Day trading is pretty much impossible with a full time job of course but I trade mainly from daily charts and in my current time zone the US markets open in the late evening which is ideal for me.

without having the additional pressure of having to put food on the table.

This must be a serious psycholgical problem that would, certainly, worry me. One cannot trade properly under financial stress.

The flip side of that is, of course, that if you have a sound capital base you must not go blasé about it. Capital growth is only going to happen with care and attention.

It is precisely when things looking bleaker by the second that you should charge in. You'd thank me in less than 5 years.

Listen carefully to what the Oracle of T2W says.

You can ignore it to your own detriment.