who on here actually makes money trading?

I posted my opinion on a different thread regarding forex volume. If anyone has comments or disagrees with it say so.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...e-updates-proxy-trade-volume.html#post1565398

Peter

Thats about it WP, I just go one step further.
Most brokers are an bunch of cunrepeatables. If they are taking the other side of the trade (and many of them are) what possible interest could they have in assisting the poor unsuspecting trader. Ask , why provide feckin volume bars unless they want the less suspecting to have a strategy around them. Easy to monitor trades , especially if you get a server to look for patterns on data that is not actually there. Easy to manufacture, easy to stop run and the easiest thing of all is to pocket the cash.
Like the great and wise Anton Kriel said on BBC Milllion Dollar Traders.
TREAT YOUR BROKER LIKE YOU TREAT YOUR BITCH
:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::p:p:p

No problem Kinsale(nice part of the world down there). One of your strategies refers to using volume as a trade indicator. The only "volume" you receive in the spot forex market is that which is provided by your broker. Fx futures volume is not the same. If you are using any strategy following volume indication provided by your broker then you must have an incredibly naive sense of trust that your broker is working in your best interests rather than his own. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if nobody has pointed this out to you then you should realistcally re-evaluate your trading plan.
Incidentally just to prove that I am not a complete flamer I have to say that your trading organisation and recordings are almost perfect.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

I don't use a broker though.

I use esignal for my data feed. There are over 200 contributors to this feed. It is not one broker.

I'm also well aware of the differences between spot (tick volume) and futures volume.

So many naysayers....

I don't use a broker though.

I use esignal for my data feed. There are over 200 contributors to this feed. It is not one broker.

I'm also well aware of the differences between spot (tick volume) and futures volume.

So many naysayers....

As pazzy waz says , esignal puts a whole new perspective on this. I don't even know why you need to make efforts to trade actively when you have esignal to analyse yer positions, have esignal analyse yer Volumespread analysis, assuming of course esignal acts for the improvement of the world of the retail trader.:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Nice to be reminded of why I never became an active poster here :)

It's a data feed, I don't use their software in any way.

You stick with whatever method you use to trade and i'll stick with mine. Hopefully given some time you can reply to this thread and say "I do".

It's been good conversing with you, it's great to be encouraged on a daily basis (y)

Some thoughts on this article that's in the thread WP linked to earlier:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...e-updates-proxy-trade-volume.html#post1565398

In my opinion, there's a danger that there is spurious correlation between the tick-based proxy and the EMB/Hotspot data.

The author is trying to establish a causal relationship between volume and the frequency of price changes, but this is flawed in that both variables are influenced independently by a key ommitted variable: time of the day. I'd argue that price isn't changed very much when Wellington opens due to a lack of news. Meanwhile, volume is low because most of the world isn't trading. A low correlates with a low without there necessarily being a causual relationship.

To test whether there really is a causal relationship, the variables need to be tested for co-integration, otherwise it's like watching a trend in porkbellies at the same time as a trend in oil and drawing the incorrect conclusion that one is influencing the other.