who on here actually makes money trading?

They need somewhere to fight I guess. They had a thread of their own but it got canned.

We need to petition the mods to bring that thread back. With the bi7ching spilling over to all parts of the forum, I may have to perm-ban myself from here.

Don't you think the biggest misconception about this industry is that it's easy money.

The biggest DECEPTION about this industry is it's easy money. That comes from all the brokers, trainers, scam websites, etc, all telling everyone how easy it is. If they didn't plaster their "Make easy money while you sleep" ads all over the place most normal people would never just assume it's easy. That's called deception, not misconception.

peter

The biggest DECEPTION about this industry is it's easy money. That comes from all the brokers, trainers, scam websites, etc, all telling everyone how easy it is. If they didn't plaster their "Make easy money while you sleep" ads all over the place most normal people would never just assume it's easy. That's called deception, not misconception.

peter

But one gets fed up posting repeated warnings re "easy money methods" etc. There are so many stupid people who flock to these snake oil artists that one wonders who poisoned the gene pool.
It's enough to drive one to drink !

Attachments

• drink.jpg
    drink.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 128

peter

What you said is all quite true; I wish more reasonable people would understand that it really shouldn't be a deception at all. I have a friend whom I've worked construction with for many years that is a trader. After picking his brain for years about it, it's quite a risk/reward situation; depending on 'style' and all the variants. (Sorry for the lack of proper terms.)

Most people want that "quick money" scheme to work. The news flash hasn't reached them, it seems, in that it doesn't work. From what I've gathered in my greenhorn travels, trading is work; just a different type of work. Risk, reward, failure, success, etc. It's all there - just on different levels and varying degrees of 'danger'.

But if you want to lose your money instantly - just do one of those "get rich quick" things. (y)

I started to make money when I moved away from FOREX and started trading UK shares

I started to make money when I moved away from FOREX and started trading UK shares

I just don't get the obsession with Forex. Particularly newbies day trading it, you're just asking for a spanking.

I just don't get the obsession with Forex. Particularly newbies day trading it, you're just asking for a spanking.

In the US you need a minimum $25,000 account to day trade stocks. No minimum for forex so many new traders gravitate to forex. Don't get me started on the regs here (n)

Peter

Excuse me?

How about you do some ****ing research before off handedly posting comments. I have not been "sucked in" as you so aptly put it.

Carry on.

No problem Kinsale(nice part of the world down there). One of your strategies refers to using volume as a trade indicator. The only "volume" you receive in the spot forex market is that which is provided by your broker. Fx futures volume is not the same. If you are using any strategy following volume indication provided by your broker then you must have an incredibly naive sense of trust that your broker is working in your best interests rather than his own. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if nobody has pointed this out to you then you should realistcally re-evaluate your trading plan.
Incidentally just to prove that I am not a complete flamer I have to say that your trading organisation and recordings are almost perfect.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

However it appears Paz waz I do try to talk sensibly on occasion instead of "flaming" or referring to somebody's mothers/daughters/sisters charms.

No problem Kinsale(nice part of the world down there). One of your strategies refers to using volume as a trade indicator. The only "volume" you receive in the spot forex market is that which is provided by your broker. Fx futures volume is not the same. If you are using any strategy following volume indication provided by your broker then you must have an incredibly naive sense of trust that your broker is working in your best interests rather than his own. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if nobody has pointed this out to you then you should realistcally re-evaluate your trading plan.
Incidentally just to prove that I am not a complete flamer I have to say that your trading organisation and recordings are almost perfect.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

Like the broker can be arsed to rig the volume indicator to suck in punters to act in some way. How would he have a clue whether they were using it as a confirmatory or divergent signal?

There's also a common misconception regarding spot FX that since market-wide orders aren't available to anyone, that it has no volume. However, just like you don't need to interview all 65 million people in the UK to perform market research, you don't need access to every individual FX market to gain some information from a limited sample.

Like the broker can be arsed to rig the volume indicator to suck in punters to act in some way. How would he have a clue whether they were using it as a confirmatory or divergent signal?

There's also a common misconception regarding spot FX that since market-wide orders aren't available to anyone, that it has no volume. However, just like you don't need to interview all 65 million people in the UK to perform market research, you don't need access to every individual FX market to gain some information from a limited sample.

In fairness to B_C though, his central point is valid. I can understand volume on stocks or futures, but volume in FX is entirely different and I think it's sensible to question the validity of volume figures provided by your broker.