who on here actually makes money trading?

NFP day = Non (universal) Formula Pricing day. 1 day a month when all universal formulas get kicked in the can just for laughs.

Peter

It was probably some bank hammering the market with a £10 sell bet. Would have worked out fine too if someone hadn't decided to put the squeeze on with a bet £20 long.

Yes, very funny.

The £10 induced move usually occurs in quieter markets, which is about 90% of the time. In major moves, the money is quite safe as they have bigger fish to fry.

the truth is very much the opposite

wouldn't be surprised if that move down was some idiot with a tiny position getting stopped out as the spread widened

cover them now.

but this is getting exhausted.

You might be right.

Tempting, right off an old block of heavy resistance.

Divergence as well, for all you TA slags out there.

Attachments

• Wall Street Daily Future (Se (08-JUL-11).png
    Wall Street Daily Future (Se (08-JUL-11).png
    24.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Wall Street Daily Future 2 (Se (08-JUL-11).png
    Wall Street Daily Future 2 (Se (08-JUL-11).png
    29.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
So what exactly is YM ? Maybe I should get £10 a point of it.

It stands for Yo Momma. It's only 5 bucks a go.

I took that trade from earlier, moved my stop up when it hit yesterday's lows, and ended up with a break even. End of the week, NFP shock, monster down move, too much going on not to play it conservatively in my eyes.

It stands for Yo Momma. It's only 5 bucks a go.

Yo Momma's good, is she ?

Well never mind. I waited long enough for banks and decide to average down into Barclays. I have been trying to tempt it down with a line of bread crumbs. But it reached half way and refused to go any lower, or at least having a hard time of it.