Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
EuroUSD going down to test the 38.2% level again - living in a different time zone and awake at all sort of odd hours, I'm knackered. I want to monitor this trade, but my eyelids are getting heavy - shouldn't have had that beer earlier. A word of warning to others - beer and trading don't mix - even if only one.
Although I'd like to lock in some profit, I really can't see a suitable level to move my stop to, so I'm going to leave it as it is.

Good luck everybody and Goodnight

moved E$ stops to lock in 30 pips

This could really blow a hole in the market?

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke will be giving a speech today at 15:00 GMT in San Francisco and although few market participants expect any market making news to come from the event, Mr. Bernanke may feel compelled to make a reference to the dollar given the recent weakness in the unit.

Over the week-end, Barron’s magazine ran a front page article arguing that the Fed should quickly raise rates to 2% in order to stem the depreciation of the greenback which in the past several days made fresh yearly lows against the euro and the Aussie. While we do not believe the Fed will raise rates anytime in the foreseeable future, most specifically because the US commercial real estate market is facing more that 1 Trillion dollars in rollover debt this year, the Fed may begin to signal that it is ready consider removing some of the ultra- accommodative quantitative easing policy measures that it has had in place since the start of the year.

One possible action that the Fed could implement would be a slow and steady removal from the MBS market where it has been the buyer of last resort on 75% of the transactions. If the Fed can extricate itself from this capital market without creating volatility in prices, the US yield curve could begin to steepen as investors become more confident in the US recovery. In turn that dynamic should help the dollar especially against the yen as interest rate differentials begin to widen out in the pair.

Today’s speech, which is intended to focus on Asia and the financial crisis, may skirt the whole issue of the dollar which could embolden the bears to push the greenback past the EUR/USD 1.5000 level. Clearly the Fed is pushing the limits of its policy of benign neglect towards the buck and will need to address the issue sooner rather than later in order to avoid a runaway market against the dollar.

closed my shorts...i just bottled it...it was at my first major support @ 902

this is the chart i posted earlier...it's the first red cross.

Attachments

• res points.png
    res points.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
ha: I can imagine wha you must be going through. Hang in there with your stop hopefully above 5265ish. Once you have entered the trade with a stop loss, emotions should be out. Realise the loss already, if it goes and hits your target - walla!

I am short 5254 and now stop amended to b/e.

be careful with any shorts now folks ...............

UUP down and nice reversal pattern in oil , equities, and currency

FTSE 5252 ................KEY level

If market closes above then very bullish chaps

cheers WS, this would be the point where i could poss blow the lot on another short, so i'll take your advice and leave the buy/sell buttons alone :cheesy:

I bet you are glad you go out of EURO ...haha!!

$78.5 ...oil good support

Oil king of market

ha: I can imagine wha you must be going through. Hang in there with your stop hopefully above 5265ish. Once you have entered the trade with a stop loss, emotions should be out. Realise the loss already, if it goes and hits your target - walla!

I am short 5254 and now stop amended to b/e.

b/e hit, short at 5260 with stop loss at 5290

Status
Not open for further replies.