Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with backtesting a FX strategy over 5 or 6 pairs. 1 would be great to start with. Does anyone know MT4 coding to backtest with 5min dataseries?

Apple ........$200 all time high

last 5 days , lower Lows and Highs ....bearish
hence one of the reasons why I'm short Nasdaq

If it rallies then upside target 200 MA, coincides with 61.8% Fib retrace

Attachments

• Apple Inc (19-OCT-09).png
    Apple Inc (19-OCT-09).png
    18.9 KB · Views: 103
Texas insruments

inverted head and shoulders pattern

very bullish

Attachments

• Texas Instruments Inc (19-OCT-09).png
    Texas Instruments Inc (19-OCT-09).png
    20.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Apple just hit 200 MA and Texas instruments has just broken above inverted head and shoulders

Last edited:
uup
60 min data
0.025 box size by 3 reversal
this chart is very bearish
however,downside targets have been achieved
note that the down columns are getting shorter

oasksy.png

dollar index etf
still more downside on the daily
in the 21 area
approx 10% away from today"s close

2rqk3tv.png

from Ashraf Laidi

2009.10.19 19:56: FX TRADERS SWIFLTLY CONCLUDE THAT NO EXIT STRATEGY IS POSSIBLE after hearing BERNANKE speak. Bernanke said that adopting a FISCAL strategy (responsibility of the US Treasury NOT the Fed) " is critically important in order to maintaining confidence in our economy and confidence in our currency". While the Fed has made it clear it would NOT be exiting its MONETARY policy strategy any time soon (despite much talk on when it would be appropriate to do so), it has now vocally placed the onus on the Treasury as far as fiscal policy is concerned. Currency traders hearing such remarks would quickly conclude that an exit strategy from NEITHER fiscal nor monetary stimuli is likely soon, which only empowers them to sell the dollar further--especially as earnings catapult stocks and risk appetite higher. EURUSD hot $1.4980, NZDUSD surged to 0.7575 and AUDUSD retests 0.93. Meanwhile, French Fin Min Lagarde digs deep in her purse of FX rhetoric designed to contain euro strength, by saying the Eurozone needs a strong dollar and that the Eurozone finance ministers have jointly reiterated the issue at todays Econfin meeting. Lagarde also used the policy element by estimating that no exit strategy would be pursued until 2011 when the situation in terms of growth stabilizes.

dollar index
long term chart
downside count that points to 10% downside
price has broken a support
chart is broken down into bearish and bullish sections.red and blue lines
targets in green

ivhe6w.png

The Naughty Arabs have just blown a hole into barclays, which explains the FTSE remaining below 5300

I will take this opportunity to purchase a few shares

I am now long 5263...stop loss 5233

target 5293

reason due to chart

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (20-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (20-OCT-09).png
    21.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
$JPY

Lots going on here, hidden divergence, good support and 50% fib level.
Long anyone?

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (20-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (20-OCT-09).png
    21.6 KB · Views: 121
morning all, short E$ @ 958

i'm hoping today will be a drop to 900, stochastic has crossings in overbought on long and short TF's, also some bearish osc div

EURO has gap support @ 14960 ................

that must get taken out first, hence the reason why i am long oil

if it does then I will go short too

EURO has gap support @ 14960 ................

that must get taken out first, hence the reason why i am long oil

if it does then I will go short too

yeah i jumped in too soon as per usual...it's sitting on a channel roof (955) i really should have waited for a confirmed breach :whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.