Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
lower highs and lower lows on the E$ H1, hope this is the start of the new trend.

must be good for 14900.0

Hi Wallstreet Mate.
Was up near you last week in Liverpool, only just remembered that your from thouse parts.
Will be happy later when we see this market move.
The begining of Europe wrong footed many this morning after an expected drop of 10pts and then seen a 50pt gain ?
This is too relaxed for me now so staying out of the game.
Will do something later on, but what I do not know LOL.
Looking for a higher open then to decline later in the day.
One important thing , we have apple tonight , the earnings will be good and the marekt could spike higher after hours. If this dose happend tomorrow we see USA index's close lower than where they opened.
Tomorrow cand not today could be the big movement/money day of the week. Link this to the data out tomorrow at 1.30 london time this senario sounds about right.
Worth a punt or what ?
Going to the spa now , may log in laters good luck all and happy trading !
Tom

The big gain/spike in European trading was nothing but short covering prior to Apples earnings. Everybody remembers what happened after Intel released its results and don't want to get burnt

Any disappointments will certainly bring the bears back in.......

Apple - can it go any higher or are the results already baked in ......$200 all time high

Last edited:
this pause on E$ is making me nervous.

Don't be nervous, you had good reasons to enter the short? Yes?
What is happening is a period of indecision coming after quite a major upward move. This is what you WANT to see when you are going short based on bounces off of resistance. This just gives me more confidence in my short position.
When have you ever gone short and seen the price steam merrily in the direction that you want?

OK now EURUSD is in no man's land, retraced and shown reaction at 38.2%
Fluffing around the level of the previous swing high so now is a time to re-evaluate.

Attachments

• eurusd4hourfib.gif
    eurusd4hourfib.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 114
Because of the strong reaction to the 38.2% level, I have decided to adjust my stop loss to break-even on the EURUSD short. If it hits - it hits, but I will live to trade another day :)

at least take some profit off the table my friend

the amount of time I have seen my currency hit break even

it just annoys me

yeah i hear you WS, i've been hitting BE loads recently on E$, but i'm trying to let my profits run as i'm tired of scrambling around for 10 pips a pop! ...very tricky though.

was up around 60 + pips on my shorts a while ago @ 909, now down to 20 +

as gumrai has i've now set them both to BE...i do see crossing over in overbought on the daily stochastic for E$ with RSI osc div so i find it tempting to move my stops back to my original positions as i can see the poss of a bigger move happening on the daily.

Last edited:
I shorted ftse at 5240 any chance it will go back down there?

FTSE is looking very strong at present

it all depends on EUR/USD my friend...........if it breaks then it takes oil with , and it will take market with it

EUR/USD and sp500 correlation = around 80%

around 30 - 35 members viewing this thread at any one time .......

Blimey, Dr Blix, you really have built up a fan base mate

Dr Blix will be Live At The Apollo next week ............huh hum!!

Markets will stay on high alert for comments on the Euro’s value by key European and US officials. So far, there has not been any evidence of a concerted effort to stem dollar selling. In comments on Friday Euro-group head Juncker stated that a further Euro rise would slow the economic recovery and rhetoric is likely to become more aggressive above the 1.50 level

around 30 - 35 members viewing this thread at any one time .......

Blimey, Dr Blix, you really have built up a fan base mate

Dr Blix will be Live At The Apollo next week ............huh hum!!

haha...well i think we both know why so many people watch this thread WS...you've provided an environment where people can see your consistently open analysis and calls.

thus prompting other people to share knowledge and advice.

shame Geo has decided to hang up his gloves (i must admit i feel very close to doing the same) and other people don't seem to be around as much...where are lapster, masnachu, reza, BW81, kaisen, tracey and o.m.g??

nasdaq , looking bearish !!...keep an eye on this trendline folks

market bounces at gap fill, what is next?

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (19-OCT-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (19-OCT-09).png
    17.4 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.