Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the reasoning i've heard is a bit conspiracy theory-esque but friends close to the matter say that since Goldman are pretty much the only big traders left in NY (since Lehman and Bear went last year), they have always had a habit of proping up markets at quarter close if it's been bad or a reversal may be near since they can then sell more to their clients and make more money.

I don't think its a conspiracy theory, I think its an open secret ref: GS. The conspiracy is whether (or to what extent) the Obama administration has been involved with this recently - the taxpayer now counts among their client list.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I was considering an entry short at the 4245 pivot, which I didnt take, so this is for weekend homework.

With a stop @ 4255, and a target to the bottom of the channel, this would have given a RR of 3:1.

Didnt want to push my luck after a good day, but food for thought boys.

Have a good weekend.

Attachments

• img_12460291261118.gif
    img_12460291261118.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 124
Currency Wars, written by Song Hongbin, published in China by CITIC Press. Looks like an interesting book.

Can someone offer any opinion on what will happen monday tuesday next week with it being the end of the 2nd quarter? Will the market bounce upwards like it does at the end of most significant time frames with people getting rid of contract shorts and profit taking on shorts in a negative period?

ftse5yr.jpg

ftse monthly charts :D

Damn, just got kicked off a trade by CS. Didn't realise FTSE future closes early on Fri afternoon. Just going into profit too (after flirting with the s/l for an hour) :cry:

Anyone been caught like this?

Damn, just got kicked off a trade by CS. Didn't realise FTSE future closes early on Fri afternoon. Just going into profit too (after flirting with the s/l for an hour) :cry:

Anyone been caught like this?

it hit 4223 high just now n promising a bull. prices r moving.it should run

Thanks very much Suj and Traceyjc. One final question, what motivations does oil have in a end of quarter scenario?

everyone probably off partying now (i have work in the morning so i'm being a good boy), but just in case anyone is still here...can u tell me how to eliminate out of hours data from IGs advanced charts?

thankenyou.

everyone probably off partying now (i have work in the morning so i'm being a good boy), but just in case anyone is still here...can u tell me how to eliminate out of hours data from IGs advanced charts?

thankenyou.

Hi DB,

From memory you need to click on one of those icons at the bottom of the chart, and it should say something like 'set time zones'.

HTH

edit: I thought they had got rid of advanced charts, and that now it's only 'quick' or 'realtime'?

you're right geo, just says realtime...thats how much i pay attention :eek:

can find anything like a time frame/zone type thing though

Absolutely agree - I actually don't buy pullbacks anymore.

Catching a pullback for a short profit, or trying to call a bottom and the beginning of a next trend or a full reversal, can be very profitable if you get it right - I can't however with the method I use, and have lost enough money trying so I'm sick of it.

I can consistently win taking a piece from an existing trend and using pullbacks for entries rather than buying them. My losses are small because it becomes very evident very quickly if I was wrong.

If I was to buy a pullback, and found myself in profit as you did just there, I would have the stop right up behind me.

With so much going for you on the short side, why waste the energy trading counter trend?

Out @ 4238 for 32 pts, 2 wins out of 2 for 70 pts.
Lets see what the big bad US session can do.

Good luck everyone.

I knew someone forcasted 4210. It was you. Congratulations! It nearly got there but you were prudent to get out earlier.

self explanatory
tick data.box size 5 poiints/ 2 box reversal

Attachments

• self.gif
    self.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.